Anthony Welch

View Anthony Welch's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Stocks With Fat Share Buybacks And Superb Growth Outlooks [View article]
    I hope you feel a little better about the stock price now!
    Oct 24, 2014. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices Responds To Kaveri Delays, New Never Settle Bundle [View article]
    Thanks for the well-reasoned response. You very well could be right and I wish you the best with it.
    Aug 7, 2013. 11:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    With all due respect as you all know more technical info than I do about chips, one piece of technical data that I do know is the technical look of the stock chart. AMD is much lower in price than it was 20 years ago. It has gone from a high of nearly $50 to the current $3.63 and apparently headed lower as we speak. This stock has been awful for most of its history. My question is, isn't there something better than this in which to invest?
    Aug 7, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just One ETF Revisited - Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I plan on revisiting this ETF again soon on Seeking Alpha.
    Jul 1, 2013. 08:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    The point of both articles was more a discussion of the stock sentiment and the fact that people were talking about it hitting a trillion in market cap. As I said, we've seen that before - see the article from a year ago - and now that more bears than bulls are appearing on tv, I'm more interested than I was when the stock was going parabolic. Sentiment works both ways and I prefer to sell unreasonably high semtiment and buy unreasonably low sentiment. Thanks for the comments.
    Jan 22, 2013. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    An investor that purchased AAPL on the date of last year's article or almost any point between than and now is currently under water.
    Jan 18, 2013. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    The article from last year was posted at the end of February when AAPL was higher than it is now.
    Jan 18, 2013. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    Now THAT'S funny! You may be right, but I sure like reading the comments an Apple article generates. Great post - thanks.
    Jan 18, 2013. 09:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    Here's one:
    Jan 17, 2013. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Once-A-Year Article On Apple [View article]
    You're right - I meant undervalued. A stock split shouldn't change the value of the company, but can change the price of a stock as it becomes easier to purchase for more investors.
    Jan 17, 2013. 04:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Just One ETF Revisited - Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income [View article]
    Thanks for reading. CVY went ex-div yesterday and will pay Friday at 26.5 cents a share.
    Mar 27, 2012. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Stress Test The Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks!
    Mar 24, 2012. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Stress Test The Portfolio [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, Ray. I agree with you on all you said and I do still have some cyclical positions. This was a simple example of rotation, but as you mentioned, it's a good idea to have diversification. I do think the economy is improving slowly, but the past few years have shown us that reducing portfolio risk after a significant rally this time of year is a decent idea. Thanks again.
    Mar 24, 2012. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Gold, There's Nothing Like The Real Thing [View article]
    Hi Caroclara - As I mentioned, I like to have some silver to go along with the gold, mainly because an ounce is a much smaller amount of money. You can buy smaller units, 1/10th ounce for example, but I think the markup is too high as a percentage. I'd check with a local dealer or perhaps a reader has a better idea?
    Mar 13, 2012. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With Gold, There's Nothing Like The Real Thing [View article]
    Thanks for the comments, John. I have recieved some feedback from companies and services that provide various services. I'll look them over and see if there's any good ideas there.
    Mar 9, 2012. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment