Antonio Carradinha

View Antonio Carradinha's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • BlackBerry: Shut It Down [View article]
    It is simply impossible to write an article like this. A pseudo technology expert tells the market that a company in a turnaround process should stop and close. There are principles for anyone who writes. A based opinion is one thing, quite another is a mortal stab on a company that is trying to create a space for itself in the future. The author confuses the static present with the potential to generate future cash flows. It only matters the latter in what BBRY is concerned. This article was written because the company dropped a few more points. And what about the medium-term?

It's obvious that this company should have to be studied as an investment project. Thus, metrics like EV have absolutely no interest because they relate to the present moment and only that. EV is a simple alternative to market capitalization, a poor theoretical takeover price. What should be considered here, however, is the future, the next few years, and the potential development reflecting the ongoing turnaround.

In terms of ethics an article like this can not be admissible. It is not sufficiently based and goes beyond the role of an analyst, an author who simply must give its opinion.

Common sense specially applies when may be at stake the future of a company and its workers (and shareholders).
    Jul 21 11:19 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Dear readers,

Thanks for your kind words.

The recovery of market share seems likely in the short to medium term. The new products give great hope to achieve positive results. BlackBerry has great opportunities in the domestic market but also a huge potential in foreign markets.

Antonio
    Jun 17 11:05 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Thanks, Systembolaget, for reading and commenting my article.

But I don't agree with you. BlackBerry is conducting a turnaround in order to grow and make profits with an excellent platform. It is not pointing to downsize, quite the opposite.
    Jun 17 02:43 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: A Crazy Bubble, A Valuable Investment, Or A Project With Truly Gigantic Potential? [View article]
    Hi, vdMandele,

Thanks for your comment. You must read please the several links I have in my article. This is one of them about an energy expert from Stanford University.

http://bit.ly/1g73KVq :

“Basically, EVs were supposed to be expensive and underpowered and weak and 50 years away. Tesla showed all that was wrong. The EV will do to oil what solar will do to coal, nuclear and gas. EVs are a disruptive technology, there is no doubt about that."

“The big conversation is about solar panels, and storage and EVs, but that is just beginning of the conversation. We have so many other technologies that will change the way electricity is traded, used, stored. Utilities have no idea about that.”
    Mar 4 06:57 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Hi, rebelor.

First of all, BlackBerry was barely alive one year ago. Now it is not, and I am not going to repeat what can be read in the article (which is my opinion) and in these comments.

Second, I have stated some assumptions about BBRY for the fiscal year of 2014 (ending in March 2014). Then I wrote: "Assuming that BlackBerry will continue growing to the same extent in the following year, it will be possible to accept a PE of 15".

You changed a forecast for a year as if it was for the present moment.
    Jun 17 06:17 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    System,

What I see in the chart since January is a series of lower highs and higher lows, which leads to a symmetrical triangle. As BBRY is in an uptrend it is considered a continuation pattern if the market breaks out to the upside.
    Jun 17 05:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Thanks, MadTrader92.

I think things are going well for BlackBerry. The new operating system was decisive. Now the company needs to provide support to new products and grab market share.
    Jun 17 04:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Junior Gold Miners: Is This The Wake Up After A Nightmare? [View article]
    Hi DeepValueLover,

I fully agree!

Antonio
    Jan 28 07:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Thanks, gettmoney, for commenting.

It's exciting to track a turnaround of this kind. I believe that the strategy is appropriate.
    Jun 17 12:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Successful Turnaround? [View article]
    Thanks for commenting.

I see your point but many of BlackBerry's 76 million subscribers have loyalty to the brand due to its keyboard on other devices. And you are right: Is there a real demand by users to upgrade their BlackBerry devices? It's a good potential market for new products.
    Jun 17 12:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Has A Hidden Factor With Serious Implications [View article]
    I´m sorry you didn't like my article.
    I'm working in this area for many years and my intention was to give the results of my current research and news on the subject.
    As an expert in this field I would like very much you could give me a hint of what is wrong about my text.
    Jun 4 01:11 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Worth $265 [View article]
    As you know, to evaluate a company we subtract cash. The issue here is growth or lack of it.
    Regards,
    AC
    Mar 6 04:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Oi S.A. Q2 '14 Earnings [View article]
    Correction:

I meant "Good luck to you".

Antonio
    Aug 12 01:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Oi Will Merge With Portugal Telecom Under What Conditions? [View article]
    Hi keith68,

Thanks for commenting.

Oi still sees the merger as an attractive operation. Both Oi and PT remain interested on the merger success. The problem now lies in the negotiation of a reduction of the weight of PT in the new entity, according to the degree of Rioforte default. Probably PT will be entitled to around 18%-20% instead of 37.3%.

Antonio
    Jul 11 09:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Junior Gold Miners: Is This The Wake Up After A Nightmare? [View article]
    Yes it's true.

But now gold has a very strong support (GLD at 114.50), important bullish indications from long term charts, and great upside volume in junior mining stocks. Gold's COT is looking increasingly bullish.

Antonio