Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Pembina: Canada's Petroleum Reserves Run Deeper Than The Tar Sands [View article]
    Own $IPPLF as well. Recently added more.
    Dec 24, 2014. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital And The Cat And Mouse Game [View article]
    Well that was weird. Was this an advertisement for MCC?
    Dec 24, 2014. 07:49 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Owner of $PBA since early 2000's.

Buy it. Reinvest the dividends. Monitor the position.

The rest is just noise, what if's or speculation.

Read their entire website, reports and their press releases. They know their own business better than anyone else.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Student Transportation: Get Off This Bus Before It Crashes [View article]
    Thanks to the author for the article.
    No one can really know where any stock, company or dividend is really going over the long run. You just never know. Look at GE back in '09.

One can look at owning STB this way:
    I own STB stock, I have for quite awhile. It is purely an income play for me. I expect perhaps a little capital appreciation over time. It remains a small part of my overall portfolio. If the stock went to zero from here, I would lose no sleep and the amount of dividends I have received since owning the stock are more than my investments in the company since I fist bought the shares years ago.

It is all a matter of perspective and portfolio positioning. I certainly would not make this such a part of a portfolio that if the stock went to zero you would lose 5% of your net worth.

Best to the author and all.
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed's Williams: June a good time for "lift-off" [View news story]
    Higher rates?? LOL.
    They are still pretending that is going to happen? Way to funny.
    I love how the FED speaks just to keep the media guessing and talking about something, anything.

Rates are going no where. It is all talk.

50% of all American do not even earn more than $30K per year pretax. I guess if everyone lives completely rural that works however that is not the case. As a matter of fact only 15% of the entire working US population earns more than $65K per year pre tax. Let's not forget that 50 million Americans are still on food stamps, 90 million have given up looking for work and many many Americans that do work, work 2 and 3 jobs just to survive, forget about thrive.
    The quality of jobs that have been created for years are of low caliber.

Is there a percentage of Americans who are doing fine and even great? You better believe it (wink wink).
    Most Americans? Ha! they are living through their own great depression day in day out.

The US govt/ treasury cannot afford higher rates. They know it and they know 95% of all Americans have no clue what anything beyond the latest reality TV show means.

For folks like us, the stock market going up has increased our wealth a few fold but for the majority of Americans....it has been a completely meaningless 5 years of stock market increase.

It is just so funny watching year after year the FED clowns come out and claim the rate hikes are right around the corner. That corner is miles and miles away and I have a feeling that it is really never going to come.
    Dec 19, 2014. 05:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 'Wisdom Of Experts' Portfolio [View article]
    “Wisdom of Experts”.
    Kinda silly. There are no experts, mostly ultra smart salespeople who make 99% of their money on asset gathering, not performance. Wisdom is something that is sold to individual investors who simply don't know any better.

Here is the problem with 99.9% of these so called experts: They really only make money in bull markets. They almost always lose a lot of money (and then some) in bear markets. Most experts do not even match a simple index fund.

My advice: If you have the time and dedication to manage your own money, do so. You will fare much better. Oh and any stock you hear talked about on TV...ignore it and dig deeper to find the companies that are not marketed and sold to unsuspecting individual investors as "the" stocks you have to own.

If you do not have time to manage your own money, stick to a ultra cheap ETF that mimics an index.
    Dec 17, 2014. 02:01 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FedEx lower after missing FQ2 estimates [View news story]
    "Share repurchases made by the company during FQ2 added $0.16 to EPS."

Ta Daa!
    When you are part of the most over owned, over marketed, sold to Americans group of stocks out there, what choice do you have to goose your numbers?

More financial massaging indeed.

Revenue was up a bit and that is good. Ignore EPS numbers. Those are "Wall Street" "CNBC" numbers they want people to focus on. Nothing is real anymore with all the buybacks companies use now to hide weakness.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ag Growth International Cleared For Takeoff [View article]
    Thank you to the author for the article.
    I have owned this one since the 2006. So while Cramer only recommends Deere as the only Agricultural play out there (since his job is to only recommend the same Wall St stocks or corporate sponsors of CNBC over and over and over) I have been collecting more than twice the amount of dividends and capital appreciation.
    Dec 12, 2014. 08:56 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New strategy for McDonald's laid out at investor meeting [View news story]
    I have eaten at MCD. Who hasn't? The problem: I only eat there with the kids as a last minute (we didn't prepare anything for dinner) alternative.

Granted I am not a kid anymore (where it seems you can eat anything you want) but after I eat MickeyDees, I always get the McVomits, always. So MCD for us is only a meal of last resort, not a regular dining option.
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time Is The Same: Like The Housing Bubble, The Fed Is Ignoring The Shale Bubble In Plain Sight [View article]
    I am just waiting to see which energy companies (And their associated bankers (banks) go under first.
    Dec 10, 2014. 02:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs slip as rate expectations ratchet higher [View news story]
    Thank you Yuckem.

Exactly. After 2 decades of investing my own hard earned money- things I have learned well:

* The media know nothing.
    * The pundits always tell you what they think you "want" to hear, not what you really "need" to hear.
    * The true quality of jobs created over the past years are of the lowest quality & not jobs you can live on (unless like many, many Americans you are working 2 or 3 of those jobs just to survive.
    * 50% of all Americans who receive some sort of income from work earn $30K/ year or less (pretax) Yep, That's a five and an zero. Essentially poverty if you don't live completely rural.
    * The next 35% earn between $30K & $70K (pretax)
    * Only 15% of the entire working population in the US earn more than $70K/ year (pretax)

SNAP participation rate has barely moved, Labor Participation rate has barely moved, transfer payments from the productive members of our country to the unproductive have never been higher. (Granted I think if the govt were to cut off these transfer payments from those who truly can work I think the numbers would show an incredible improvement, however I do not see that happening anytime soon)

The commentators Yuckem & jeffer501green are 100% correct. The govt in no way, at this point, ever afford higher interest rates. They would be 100% bankrupt.

Many will ask: "Why isn't the general population discussing this?"
    Well For that answer let's turn to Eonline or one of the other quality TV programs out there to see what the Kardashians are up to or maybe playing a few rounds of Candy Crush on our phones will yield the answers we are looking for.....

Enough said on that topic.
    Dec 7, 2014. 08:53 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $150B+ of oil projects likely to be put on hold in 2015 [View news story]
    Actual it is not.
    Dec 5, 2014. 09:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $150B+ of oil projects likely to be put on hold in 2015 [View news story]
    Thank you Lawrence for that comment. The main stream media has no idea what really goes on in determining the price of oil.

As I have said before and I don't mind saying it again:

A close relative of mine works right there @ the Comex, right at oil. I can tell you this: The price of a barrel of oil has NOTHING to do with actual supply and demand. Nothing.

I have to leave it at that and I can say no more.
    Dec 5, 2014. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Lightning Round - We Shed Tears Over Google, But Buy It (12/3/14) [View article]
    "Main Street Capital (NYSE:MAIN): "It is too opaque. I cant get my arms around it. I don't want to fool around with that."

Translation: My goal here on Mad Money (for the 20,000 viewers who are dumb enough to still believe I know anything) is to have you buy the same 50 stocks that everyone else already owns or who are corporate sponsors of CNBC. Anything else that does not fit into that category is a sell.
    Dec 4, 2014. 06:49 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crash Of Oil Prices Could Be The Opportunity Of The Decade, Part 2 [View article]
    What we have here is a huge opportunity to initiate or reinvest in one of the most profitable investment classes.

I personally have added to my positions in $PBA & $IPPLF.

They are multi-faceted pipeline (energy transportation infrastructure ) companies that are going to be around for decades to come. As with every oil "price" sell off that has ever happened these transportation infrastructure companies get sold off as well. Every time this has happened this has been a opportunity to initial or add to existing positions. This time is no different.

The use of oil, gases, etc. is never going away...ever. Let no one tell you otherwise.

I have no idea where a "bottom" is. No one does. If you are an "investor" and know your companies and invest as if you are buying that piece of a business with real assets you will do more than fine.

While I also invest in renewable utilities, etc. I am certain they will never overtake natural resources as our main energy source until all our natural resources like oil and gas are depleted.

As far as electric cars go, yes they are here now and here to stay. As far as the US becoming a nation of electric car drivers.....never going to happen unless:
    The car cost no more than $35K / year.
    Fact: 50% of all Americans who earn money from working earn no more than $30K/ year pre-tax. Most Americans cannot and will not buy an electric car costing more than $70K/ year. They cannot afford it nor the payment associated with it. I think we are quite a ways away from an electric car that the average American can afford. BTW this is not a knock on Tesla or anything. Their cars are damn cool.

The bottom line is there is no way to know when the carnage in the energy sector stops however we should NOT do what the majority of so called investors do: buy high and sell low.
    Nov 29, 2014. 09:22 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment