Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • After The Recent Rout Micron Is A Very Strong Buy [View article]
    Is $MU an investment or a trade.
    This company along with that other joke of a stock $AMD continues to have no investment value.
    Trading value, well that might be another story.

These stocks seem to just go up for awhile then crash back down to languish for a few years then back up, then back down. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. A 25 year chart of $MU looks like a never ending series of bubbles and crashes that a trader certainly made money on, not so much investors.
    The run since Nov 2012 from $5 to $35 no different than the past. Now the stock is $19 already on what looks to be a cliff dive.

Will it be a buy again for another trade at some point? I think so. I am not a trader so I leave that up to those better suited to answer that.

An long term investment? No.
    Jul 4, 2015. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Time Come To Go Fishing For Realty Income And Other REITs Amid Rate Fears? [View article]
    Agree 100%.

I have now begun the process of adding to one of my long time Canadian Reits: ARESF- Artis Reit.
    When these stocks get taken down and you can get an after tax yield of +6.5% (even with a weak Canadian dollar) this is the time to add.
    ARESF is a conservative diversified Reit and while they are not a dividend raiser I will happily get paid a lot of monthly income to own this.

Best to you.
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • W.P. Carey: A Classic Blue Chip REIT [View article]
    "Holding long term but this REIT has lost value quite a bit in recent months. Why is this?"

Let me see. "Oh crystal ball...what has thou to say in determining what moves stocks?"
    Seriously? C'mon. If you are a long term holder you know that stocks go up and they go down. Many factors affect price movement. Best to you.

"WPC = down 20% in 5 months with no end in sight: And no SA articles earlier in the year warning investors to stay away from it."

No end in sight. None. This one could be a zero soon. A widowmaker. Better get the gun out and one bullet. I hope $WPC keeps going down for awhile. Gives me a chance to increase the massive dividend income I already receive. As far as SA articles that should supposedly be written to warn investors....are you kidding me? That has to be one of the absurd comments I have read on SA in a while. So perhaps it is SA's fault or SA's community fault that no one happen to write an article stating $WPC share price might or might not fall in the future?
    This is just to funny, really.
    Jul 1, 2015. 08:19 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Puerto Rico governor calls for bankruptcy [View news story]
    They are done. No need to pretend.

The have no real "economy" there. At least not enough to revive things. When are governments going to stop pretending?

The real question is, now what? What do you do with the people? What, are they all going to join the entitlement bandwagon that continues to drain the mainland USA?

Some real questions have to be asked and answered.
    Jun 30, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I never left the pond. Nor do I intend to.

7/1/15:

Automatic dividend reinvestment day. Today (and maybe tomorrow) giving me a bonus to pick up more shares.

Monthly dividend income increasing. Yearly dividend income increasing.
    Jun 29, 2015. 04:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Futures drop as Greek crisis worsens [View news story]
    Greece...Yawn.

How about we let this broke, entitlement state go the way of the Dodo Bird? A nation that has the GDP of barely 2 US states. Make their citizens get back to doing something productive and not sun themselves all day.

So sick of hearing about this.....
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:36 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Major stock futures, euro tumble in reaction to Greece news [View news story]
    Alexander:
    Exactly! Heck I want things a lot lower by 7/1.

It is my monthly dividend reinvestment day!!
    Jun 28, 2015. 07:12 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Major stock futures, euro tumble in reaction to Greece news [View news story]
    I'm so tired hearing about this Greece nonsense.

Let them fail already. The country has a GDP the size of 2 US states. Tell the entitlement populace to get back to work. No more sunning themselves.
    Jun 28, 2015. 07:01 PM | 56 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate Technology Is A Dividend Growth Bargain [View article]
    You'll be able to buy STX under $30 before you know it.
    Bubble is deflating.
    Jun 28, 2015. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    Scott:
    "What I've come away with from this conversation between you and DAG is that you don't understand what happens on stock splits and are using those assumptions to create a narrative that simply isn't there."

And yet you use this as your explanation:

"In terms of why they might do this? There are programs for employees that allow them to buy shares with each paycheck, having those shares closer to 40 dollars than 80 gives more employees a chance to be part of the program."

Scott the real reason most companies buy back shares by the way is to manage their EPS. Nothing more.

Best to you.
    Jun 25, 2015. 05:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    DAG:
    No reason to get to carried away. I wouldn't call my stopping by as "angry".
    Your list of why I stopped by can have a "no" answer beside every question you asked.

I know there is no way, none, that an individual like myself could or would influence any investor in $KR stock. None at all. That was not my intention.

I just found it comical that the company plans to double the size of the float then in the same breathe announce they are going to spend shareholder money to buy back shares. I mean 99% of companies buy back stock with great fanfare announcing that they are doing it to reduce the float and enhance shareholder value yet $KR is doubling the size of the float only to buy back those very same shares.

I do not get upset at missing stock gains. I have had my share of big winners and some losses over the past 20 years.

I guess since I am a dividend investor and enjoy creating large and ever growing dividend income I just couldn't see the reason $KR was wasting money.

BTW: Yes $KR has had exceptional gains over the past 3 years. No question and congrats. Hopefully you will be locking in those gains when the day comes that $KR reverts back to a more historical price range.

Best to you and continued success.
    Jun 25, 2015. 04:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    "Yeah, um, AAPL split and proceeded w/ a nice buyback.
    KR & AAPL has made me more dough in 2 years than
    your entire +/- 6% dividend portfolio made u in 10 years.
    Get lost tough guy -> Exit'

Yes, yes I know. You are wealthy. So wealthy. So unbelievably wealthy.

Best to you.
    Jun 25, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    "I fell for buying KR about 10 years ago. I seem to be pretty happy with the results thus far."

The happiness must have kicked in about 2 years ago because the prior 8 years sure didn't give you anything to be happy about.
    The next bear market I am sure will leave you feeling a bit unhappy since this stock is probably going to return to the price range it normally trades in which is $15- $30 (pre-split)
    Jun 25, 2015. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    "I think I'll save this comment and come back to in a few years."

Do it.

Best to you.
    Jun 25, 2015. 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger announces stock split and new buyback plan [View news story]
    is1gto:

"But at the same time I don't really understand why it is a bad thing?"

In theory you are right. But IMO it a bad practice to get into.
    There is really no reason to do it in the first place. Split the stock then to announce a stock buyback? That is just silly.

I get it that many companies out there employ the stock buyback mantra to manage their earnings better (under the guise of creating value for shareholders). The large mega cap companies now do it as standard practice because other than Apple for instance, they need all the EPS help they can get. Especially since the media only focuses on the EPS "beat by a penny" number for the mom & pop investor. It is nothing more than an accounting gimmick.

I guess as a income / dividend investor I personally would rather see higher dividends given to shareholders. But then that brings out the "well what about the tax rates, etc" crowd. To which I say: If you learned how to manage your finances better and took proper steps to put different types of investments in proper accounts then you wouldn't have that problem in the first place.

All this is just my 2 cents anyway. I am just trying to educate people and get their thinking beyond the typical Wall St party line.

Thanks and best to you.