Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Exxon 'Immobile' - No 3% Yield And No Plans To Form An MLP [View article]
    Rohit SSS:

Learn and understand the following terms:

*"Declining rates of return"
    as they relate to:

*"Inability to exponentially expand the market cap" indefinitely.

Also never forget the following regardless of that we are told: "Past performance does not guarantee future results".

If you would like further explanation please let me know.
    Aug 1 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inter Pipeline: This Dividend Growth Company Is On A Tear And It's Not Over Yet [View article]
    bsorge:

$IPPLF is NOT an MLP.

It is a corporation.

There is no UBTI. There are no K-1's.

I have been investing in $PBA for years and many other Canadian stocks. Well versed here and I know what I am talking about. No worries with UBTI.

Best to you.
    Aug 1 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pembina Pipeline Is Very Appealing Based On Long-Term Bullish Fundamentals [View article]
    Michael after the great $IPPLF article the other now to follow up with this, who could ask for anything more?

$PBA (very long time holding of mine) and $IPPLF (Bought it right after US investors were eligible to buy the stock) are my top 2 portfolio holdings.
    Just an incredibly bright future both companies have.

They have both had quite a run and some multi-month consolidation or pull back would be warranted.

Thank you for the continuing, informative articles.
    Jul 29 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can We Ever Really Retire? Why Americans Stink At Math [View article]
    I only own 18 securities in my portfolio. Been that way for years.

Actually that is the most I have ever owned during the past 2 decades.

I wonder if I should own more?
    Jul 29 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can We Ever Really Retire? Why Americans Stink At Math [View article]
    George:
    Thanks for the article:

You wrote: "Two-thirds of 4th and 8th graders on the math proficiency test in 2013 could not accurately calculate temperature on a thermometer with clearly marked bold hash marks representing 2-degree increments."

The sad part of this: There really are no "calculations" involved. It is simply a matter of reading and reporting what you see. That is what is really sad about what you wrote.

Don't worry though.
    These kids can post on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with no problem. Most are lost in their illusions of what life is and what it is going to be like in the future as our country continues along its path of "dumbed down", reality TV show way of living.

The fact that out country has traded "quality" for "quantity" in a now never ending quest for true citizen mediocrity will come back to haunt us at some point.
    Jul 29 10:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Top Investment Books For Developing An Investing Philosophy [View article]
    Thank you for the reply Lowell & TL.

I am a gentleman and will treat both you as such. (TL assuming you are a man. I don't want to offend anyone if I am mistaken that you were of the female sex)

If i state that I have outperformed the market and 99% of professional money managers over the 20 years I have been investing, I hope you will take my gentleman's word for it. Though many of my records at this point are old or not even around anymore I always kept a list of years and returns VS indexes, mutual funds & hedge fund indexes.

I hope you will accept my gentleman's word as I would never give out personal information on here, nor would it be worth it for me to post pages of other information.

Lowell you wrote:
    "If one does a serious literature search of portfolio performance vs. stock market, it is quite easy to arrive at the conclusion that the above assertion is false."
    Lowell there are millions and millions of investors out there. You really think that every single one can be tracked and investigated to prove your point? If you really think that no one can do it or invest like Warren Buffett if they wanted to? Yes there are 1000's of Steadman's out there however I am sure there are plenty of people out there beating the indexes every year.

They just don't have Bill Miller's connections to be called "legendary" in the media as he is losing 50% of investors money and collecting his yacht's, houses and increasing his bank accounts by millions.
    Jul 29 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Clean Energy Yield Cos: Where's The Yield? [View article]
    Tom:
    Thanks for the reply.
    I personally own $NPIFF & $TRSWF & $CSUWF.
    Jul 28 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Top Investment Books For Developing An Investing Philosophy [View article]
    I have to disagree with this list.

Investors need basic financial education first, before anything else.

Investors must first:

*Break the Debt/ consumption mindset that traps 85% of all Americans to serfdom.

*Understand risk & reward.

*Understand the difference between an investment and a speculative bet based on hope & prayer.

*Understand the different type of brokerage/ retirement accounts.

*Understand the US Tax Code to some meaningful degree.

*Understand that Wall St. /the media and most people that write books on investing are salespeople. Nothing more. Remember: Most books are essentially a rehash of other ideas. A few methods were just lucky because they were written before the last great bull market of the 90's. Really just luck. Right place, right time. Think: Royalty payments. (Remember: Everyone of these authors looks smart in a bull market yet few if any have ever protected your money in a bear market)

*Understand that diversification really does not work.

*Understand that you can outperform the markets and 99% of all professional money managers regardless of what you are lead to believe.

*Understand that without a plan you will have a hard time reaching your goals.

*Do not be afraid to think outside the box. There do exist stocks beyond the same top 100 US stocks by market cap that are recommended over and over and over again by Wall St. etc..

*Once you have established a real investing plan and are implementing it, now get out there and create "multiple streams of income" to really cement your future.
    Jul 28 02:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Clean Energy Yield Cos: Where's The Yield? [View article]
    Tom:
    Great article. Thank you.

Don't forget about Northland Power (OTCPK:NPIFF)

I have been investing in NPIFF for years. The wait was worth it as this year they are now realizing much higher cash flows from many projects that moved from construction to operational status. Plus they have many more projects under construction and in development.

All the best.
    Jul 28 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is It Time To Dump Everything? [View article]
    Minutemen:

Agreed. Plus...let's assume (take me for instance) that you have 10-15 years or so before you want to "retire" (retirement means many things to different people). Assuming that you are still working (whether it be self employed or employed by others) you will still be generating income for living and hopefully even more savings for the endgame. Even though I have 10-15 years before I decide to "retire" to the next phase of my life, if the markets were to lose 50% of their value I do not worry about it based on all the planning I have done and the multiple streams of income I have set up for that eventual retirement.

Heck I even own some physical silver and gold just to round out my asset base. I may never need it for anything however throughout history, regardless of it's price, the wealthy of the world have always owned precious metals as part of their overall wealth.

Best to you.
    Jul 28 09:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is It Time To Dump Everything? [View article]
    "Stop Acting Out Of Fear And Develop A Strategy To Succeed"

Exactly. Thank you to the author.

First: Turn off the TV, radio, stop reading the newspapers...OR....keep doing all those things but understand what you are viewing are just soundbites crafted to keep you hooked on every 2 cent move in the market.

I keep my investing hunger satisfied by constantly keeping up to date about the current companies I invest in OR I keep an eye out for new opportunities to research.

The "markets" are just just used for sensationalist headlines when needed.

If one has a real plan in place that they have developed and thought through, then even the worst bear market should be of little consequence. Clearly one's time frame and amount of time until retirement must be taken into account however that should be incorporated into the retirement plan.

Me personally: I have been hoping for a 12-16 month bear market so I can really do some serious dividend re-investing in my portfolio. For now...I just keep re-investing the dividends anyway.
    Jul 28 08:57 AM | 19 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Lightning Round - I Still Believe In Rite Aid (7/25/14) [View article]
    Cramer:

Ratings are now barely 20,000 viewers on any given night.

Surprised that SA continues to make this sort of information a top priority.

Wake up SA. Cramer is no longer relevant.

Wait....was he in the first place?
    Jul 27 09:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Undervalued Companies For The Defensive Investor With High Dividend Yields [View article]
    Mike you asked:

"Archman: Curious: If you don't mind sharing, what is the cash percentage in your portfolio?"

Let me see...(checking the brokerage account)....I'm back.
    Right now it is $63.45
    So I would put that at about .0001% of the portfolio at the moment.

By the end of next month it will be back to a couple thousand dollars or so thanks to the monthly dividends I receive and reinvest every month.

Best to you.
    Jul 26 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $IPPLF & $PBA.
    Long time owner- both those stocks.

Wait until the Canadians start getting all their oil to ports that can then be sold to the rest of the world. Railways alone cannot accomplish this. The future for these 2 companies is even brighter

The sooner they reduce their dependence on US consumption the better.

Thanks again to the author for continuing to educate people who think that the only stocks to own in the space are $XOM & $COP (though it goes against Wall St. and their sales machine)
    Jul 25 04:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The problem with all these "theory" ways of investing: They all don't matter once the market feels like going down.

INTC
    JPM
    WFC
    DE

I mean how many more articles can their be about the same stocks over and over and over, which are already over owned by 85% of all Americans already (who all invest in the exact same stocks).

You think these companies are undervalued now? Just wait until the real bear market comes back. You will have plenty of opportunity to buy these stocks much, much lower. A lot lower.
    Jul 25 11:34 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment