Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Pembina Pipeline - A Growing Canadian Midstream Now On Sale [View article]
    VET is upstream company not midstream company. More exposed to commodity pricing.
    Sep 4, 2015. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pembina Pipeline - A Growing Canadian Midstream Now On Sale [View article]
    Own both.
    Both are similar yet have some differences. IPPLF has international storage business as well.

Long PBA since 2003, IPPLF since it was available to US investors.
    Sep 4, 2015. 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobs up 173K in August; UE rate drops to 5.1% [View news story]
    Will the real unemployment rate please stand up?

So this "Labor Day" weekend lets ask all those who are not in the labor force and all those working sub $20/ hour jobs just how they are feeling about this robust and vibrant economy.

If they all chant loud enough I am sure their voices will carry all the way to every elitist enclave where they will be dining on their $500 dinners & $200 bottles of wine.

Best to all!
    Sep 4, 2015. 08:39 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons To Buy AMD Now [View article]
    Sean:
    I said clearly that AMD is a stock meant for trading. I made that clear as well in the referenced Instablog post.

There is no long term investment here. Never has been.
    Traders in AMD can make a boatload of money as has been the case over the past 30 years.

Anybody can take a $2 stock (lottery ticket) and act like they cannot lose. You might hit it big..or not.

Best to you.
    Sep 4, 2015. 08:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron- Yes If You Are A Trader. You Can Make A Lot Of $$!! [View instapost]
    Focus:
    Like I said: Trade it up and down.
    It is not an investment. It is a trading vehicle.

Thanks and best to you.
    Sep 3, 2015. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron- Yes If You Are A Trader. You Can Make A Lot Of $$!! [View instapost]
    Box:
    Agreed. "If" someone had bought at that exact time in 1993. That is a big if.
    However...human nature and the emotion of investing means 99.9% of investors would not have held on to a stock that moves like a roller coaster. In other words like I said, I think a trader would have done much better not an investor.
    Thanks for the comment and best to you.
    Sep 3, 2015. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons To Buy AMD Now [View article]
    Recently I wrote a quick Instablog on that other worthless stock $MU. The same applies to $AMD.

$AMD has been one of, if not the worst investment anyone could have made in their investing career. It is a stock meant for trading, that's all.

Sep 3, 2015. 11:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: Placing Your Bets On The Little Things [View article]
    I wrote a quick Instablog not to long ago on $MU. The same applies to $AMD.
    They are garbage stocks that only traders make money on, not investors.

There is no investment to be made in $AMD. Just trades.
    Good luck to those who know how to make money.
    Sep 3, 2015. 11:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: Growing Free Cash Flow, 3.5% Dividend Yield Means I'm Buying More [View article]
    Wrote this Instablog with regard to $IBM this July 25 past.
    Still applies:

Not all bad news IMO if you read the Instablog.
    Sep 2, 2015. 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fox News wins basic cable ratings for second month this year [View news story]
    On the rare occasion when I watch cable network news (to see anchors pretending they are celebrities) I can typically stomach about 10 mins. before I have to watch something more intelligent..like amazing old Abbott & Costello films.
    Sep 2, 2015. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Take Charge... The Next Generation Of Sleep Well At Night REITs [View article]
    I just don't understand something...

Why are there so many comments about the FED? Why?

If people are so worried about the Fed raising the Fed Funds rate a stinking 1/4 point from essentially zero to almost zero....you need to get out of the game. (BTW no offense to anyone by that statement so don't be offended).

The avg. Fed funds rate prior to the past 6 years on avg was 4%. I have been saying all along that the economy is structurally broken and as along as you do not listen to the salespeople on CNBC.
    * The monthly employment report is meaningless, the advertised unemployment rate is actually much, much higher than announced.
    * Labor participation rate is atrocious.
    * Never before in the history of the US have fast food jobs been considered careers for millions of Americans.
    * 50% of all Americans who work for a living earn $30K / year or less.
    * 50% of all Americans have no more than $34K in any retirement savings & most of the wealth is held by the top 10%.

Why am I mentioning this? Because... The FED knows all this. They know the economy is much weaker than the reported numbers. The Fed is going to raise rates for one reason and one reason alone. To appear to be in control and to have room to start cutting them again when needed. They are not going to be raising rates because they think the economy is just fine.

"Economic Expansion"
    Think of that phrase.
    It is a phrase that has been used to describe an economy that is past the "recovery" phase. It has been used over and over after every past recovery. That phrase has been used ZERO times by the FED, the media, the govt since the so called recession ended in 2009. ZERO times.

I think those of us who are invested in Reits should stop fixating on this 1/4 or 1/2 point or even full point (down the road) of raising Fed Funds rates. The Fed has such a long way to go to get back to the avg 4%. Personally I do not think we are going to see that again in our life times. Just my opinion. Plus doesn't anyone else think that this has been so telegraphed for months and months that the Reits are already prepared for this? With Fed Funds at essentially zero even the most levered Reits would easily handle not only a 1/4 point raise but eventually a Fed funds rate of 3% (which i believe it is never going to get there again)

Don't worry people. Be happy. Your health (and your family's) is all that matters in the end anyway. Remember that.

Best to all.
    Sep 2, 2015. 12:45 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Reinvestments Will Increase My Cash Flow Over The Coming Year [View article]
    The last thing Wall St, it's advertisers and the journal want is educated, self directed investors who have absolutely no need for the salespeople that are employed by investment banks, etc.

If everyone ditched their brokers, mutual funds thus putting all these asset gatherers (this IS really that they are- salespeople who gather assets, collect their fees and drive their Maserati's around town) out of business, no one would miss them.
    Aug 31, 2015. 04:17 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MORL Is A 'Too Good To Be True' Investment: Update #2, 13 Months Later [View article]
    Thank you to the author and the other commentators.
    I know the discussion got heated but this is the sort of dialogue that is necessary. It is a useful and in my opinion, educational tool.

My disclosure:

I own MORL, CEFL, BDCL.
    Sadly the unrealized capital paper losses in the ETN's are on avg. 20% each. (I am not factoring back the dividends I have received)

Thankfully they are all small positions as I understood the risk. In other words if they all went to zero or got called by UBS I would not completely lose sleep over it.

The dividends from those 3 ETN's are used to invest in what I consider to be my "long term" structural holdings in the portfolio. I use those ETN's as income generators only nothing more.

I am attempting to remain optimistic that the ETN's will turn around in price at some point (Just for the sake of being optimistic).

I will for now keep collecting the dividends to reinvest elsewhere....though...... I see a price rebound to a point where my capital paper loss rebounds to maybe a 10% loss from the current 20% loss, I might consider selling out for good.

Best to all and continued success.
    Aug 30, 2015. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Sky Was Falling Into The Hands Of Astute Dividend Growth Investors: Did You Catch Any? [View article]
    "Great deals? ... prices that were likely available (or cheaper) through 2013 and early to mid 2014... ha."

Dale:
    Depends on the person. For instance though I have no idea when the current energy rout is over I was able to finally add to my existing position in $PBA. A position i started in 2003.
    Same with $IPPLF.
    Both down about 50% from their highs.

There are bargains out there though one does have to be selective.

Best to you.
    Aug 28, 2015. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Many Healthcare REITs Should You Own? [View article]
    Thanks alschroed.

There was one article Brad had written about LTC where as an addition to OHI and others, LTC was a good bookend because it was private pay VS govt pay. Sort of diversification payment within that section.
    I'm probably going to keep both because of that factor. I've been thinking about adding HTA. Their yield is great as well.

Thanks and all the best.
    Aug 28, 2015. 08:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment