Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:

• SunTrust: Thanksgiving shopping a "bust" [View news story]
    Just like Real Estate...every market is different.

Long Island for the most part, just like other areas of the country that own most of the country's wealth, can afford to indulge in the Black Friday shopping fest.
    The average American, with little or no net worth, little or no college savings for their kids, little or no real prospect of a future, they continue to follow the corporate brainwashing as they haul their zombie like selves down to the stores to buy things for themselves and others that they cannot afford in the first place.

I enjoy the show. You can get the same deals next week, 2 weeks, even 24 hours before the actual Christmas day.
    I actually feel for these debt slaves as they either cut short or give up their Thanksgiving Holiday completely to participate in this comedy.
    This Thanksgiving holiday was one of the best yet at my wife's cousin house. Immense laughter, amazing drink and food. Family, the kids, cousins.

I feel for these poor dummies that either have lost all sense of tradition or family. I guess posting pictures of themselves on Instagram or Facebook waiting on line for 6 hours is what many people consider "normal" now.
    Nov 28, 2015. 10:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SunTrust: Thanksgiving shopping a "bust" [View news story]
    Couldn't agree more.

Until the US government gets out of the college loan business and stops backstopping the majority of student loans: costs will continue to soar. What amazes me: The truth is out there plain as day yet most people just have no clue about why college costs are what they are.
    Then again, this is a country that accepts mediocrity as a normal way of life now so it is not surprising.
    Nov 27, 2015. 04:44 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SunTrust: Thanksgiving shopping a "bust" [View news story]
    Black Friday?
    What is that?

It is just a term. Nothing more.

I don't see what difference this all makes. Broke Americans spend all year buying stuff they don't need with money they don't have anyway.

When they are not doing that they are sitting around blaming those of us who are not serfs, that it is "our" fault that they have no net worth, their kids are in hock up to their eyeballs in college debt, etc.

Towards the end of this so called "Black Friday" I find it fun to go on YouTube and watch the videos of all the sheep fighting over their meaningless trinkets.

Comedy at it's best.
    Nov 27, 2015. 04:18 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman sees four rate hikes over next year [View news story]
    "this is due to demographic shifts in the US, not Obama... baby boomers are retiring and exiting the labor force thus causing the labor force participation rate to decline"

Complete lie. Only one age group has been gaining and continues to gain the most jobs every year: the 55-65 age group. You know...the baby boomers.

Every other age group: declining job growth.

It may come as a surprise that some of us have been at this long enough to see past the reality show mentality that is prevalent in America now.
    Nov 23, 2015. 08:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart beats by $0.05, misses on revenue [View news story]
    I gotta tell ya:
    When you are a company that missed revenue by 3/4 of a billion dollars and your shares go up +2% pre-market, now that is power!
    Nov 17, 2015. 08:22 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looks Like Investors May Be Jumping Back Into REITs [View article]
    It's ok. Don't worry about me. I have been with SA since the beginning. They come and they go.
    Milbank must have taken some sort of offense to my comments though I can not tell you why.
    Best to you.
    Nov 16, 2015. 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looks Like Investors May Be Jumping Back Into REITs [View article]
    Thank you Portfolio for your reply.
    Many authors do not have a flair for catchy titles.
    Just for fun I wanted to take a look at your all latest articles. Interesting keywords or phrases stood out in each title of the articles: (in order of the past +/- 20 articles including this one):

Cool/ Fire
    Boogeyman (I liked that one)
    Magic Wand
    Silly Rabbit
    Up it's sleeve
    What's up Doc
    Pricey Treat

Well at least your making it interesting so people will click on the articles.

Continued success & best to you.
    Nov 16, 2015. 01:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looks Like Investors May Be Jumping Back Into REITs [View article]
    You are welcome milbank and thank you for the compliments. If anyone thinks that being the man is easy, I can assure you it is not. The responsibility of doing so is quite large.

You are right. It is tough on a Monday @ 9:30 AM to make an effort to cut down on the overuse of terms that are now being used by both media and authors to sensationalize things that in the end, were not sensational in the first place.

We can add this to the other recently used media headlines that have unnecessarily used words like:

etc. etc.

to describe market events that in reality are non market events.

I wish you continued success and I will continue to do my best to watch over you and everyone else here at SA.
    Best to you.
    Nov 16, 2015. 01:01 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looks Like Investors May Be Jumping Back Into REITs [View article]
    Just for clarity:

"Investors" don't jump.

"Investors" don't jump out of things and they don't jump back into things. They are investors. They invest their money for long periods of time because their mindset is owning a piece of a business.

They are not traders or speculators. Traders and/or speculators do the jumping.
    Nov 16, 2015. 09:30 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Economy Has Reached Critical Mass [View article]
    I did. Nothing I stated in my comment was untrue.

Unicorns and rainbows always look nice until you go looking for them and can't seem to really find them.

The "reality" of daily American life is far removed from government statistics. I guess you could say I am one of the few owners of this country who goes against the grain of other owners and speaks the truth about what is really going on here regardless of govt numbers.

Or, I could always just ignore it and say:
    "Keep cutting my lawn people. Yes you can take my coffee order miss 27 yr old working at Starbucks. So sorry to hear your $10K in debt & have zero in retirement savings Mr. & Mrs. avg American." etc etc.

I could just be like all the other elitists out there who gloss over the real truth about this country as long as I keep getting wealthier and most of the country stays complacent praying that things will somehow all work out for them...all govt massaged BS aside.
    Maybe as I have gotten older I become more compassionate and am willing to speak up and tell the truth about what I see and what is really going on in the USA.
    I don't know.
    Nov 10, 2015. 09:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Utility CEFs Are A Diverse Group But There's Not A Buy Among Them [View article]
    As always a great article from an author I follow (and I follow very few).

The sector has had a rough time. That being, said opportunity is always lurking. I own BUI and I like it for its almost non existent leverage, discount and distribution yield.
    If I had one criticism of the fund it would be it's energy exposure via. MLP's. I know it is partly an "infrastructure" fund yet I think that 25% exposure they have to MLP's would be better served by purchasing additional infrastructure assets like ports, toll roads, etc. ($BIP has some great assets like that). BUI has a little exposure like that but it would benefit the fund greatly to get out of the energy assets and leave those assets to the truer energy CEF's.

I am expecting rough times ahead as the FED begins it's quest to raise Fed Funds rates, yet this to will pass. I will keep reinvesting the distributions back into the fund but i would not add big amounts of fresh capital into the fund until the Fed is 3/4 of the way thru raising rates.

Best to all and the author.
    Nov 9, 2015. 08:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The U.S. Economy Has Reached Critical Mass [View article]

If you are what I like to call and "owner" in the new 21st century USA, you are doing just fine. I think (from what I read from others, both authors and commentators) here on SA it is safe to say that most here on SA are owners, not the serfs that make up 80% of the balance of the USA population. No offense meant to anyone but it is about time we stop mincing words about the US population, where they are, what they have and where they are going.

50% of all wage earnings in the USA earn $30k / year or less (pre-tax)

The fact of the matter is the so called recession supposedly ended in 2009. Never before in the history of the US has the word "recovery" been used for such an extended post recession time frame. We are now entering what, the 6th year of post recession? Yet never, not once, have we heard the words that are spoken no less that 16 months once recessions end: "Economic Expansion". Not once.

Why? Because there is none. There has been a massive expansion of government debt, credit, handouts, freebies, free money to Wall St, banks, etc.
    The average American has little or no net worth, tons of debt and a millennial generation that can find few jobs because the most job growth over the past decade has been in the 55 and older segment.

While I appreciate the author writing the article, there is a reality out there that exists if one chooses to look beyond the deception.
    Nov 9, 2015. 12:35 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Utility Stocks In A Bubble? [View article]
    "Utility stocks have benefited significantly from extremely low interest rates over the last 5+ years."

And now for a reality check: 99.9% of all stocks have benefited significantly from extremely low interest rates over the last 5+ years, not just utilities.

I would not lose much sleep over the Fed. If they truly start raising rates in Dec. they will do it slow and maybe (just maybe) the Fed funds rate gets back to 2% before they have to start cutting back to zero to save the economy again.
    Nov 7, 2015. 11:46 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs under pressure as rates soar [View news story]
    All smoke & mirrors.
    Go ahead Fed raise rates. Go from absolutely nothing to almost nothing.
    Go straight back to the average 80 year norm of 4% FED funds rates. I dare you. If the e"con"omy is so good and we have now, finally after 7 years of hearing the word recovery we can finally hear the word expansion then going right back to avg 4% Fed funds rate should not be a problem right??

The ONLY reason the FED is going to raise rates for any amount of time is to appear to have any credibility left & so they have room to start cutting rates as soon as they can to appear in control. For those of us not lost in the Kardashian wonderland that is the stupidity of the USA we know exactly what is going on.
    The FED wishes they could raise really raise rates back to their normal range. They know they cannot. The govt would not be able to pay even the interest on it's debt let alone anything else.

This whole FED raising rates issue is a smoke screen snoozefest. Talk to me when FED funds rate gets back to 4%. Assuming the economy is even remotely standing after an increase from 0 to 4% then we can talk.
    Other than that, these idiotic headline grabbing phrases like "Soar" are just that: idiotic "gotcha" grabbing phrases.
    Nov 6, 2015. 10:32 AM | 118 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big beat on jobs number [View news story]
    And just to follow up my own comment:
    The this jobs report:
    Workers 55 + over= +350K jobs
    25-53 = lose 35K jobs

Since 2008 workers 55 + older= +7 million jobs
    55 and under = over 4.5 million jobs lost

This needs to be discussed because I see this not as a demographic trend but cultural & intelligence trend and it does not bode well for those that truly care about the future of the country.
    Nov 6, 2015. 10:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment