Archman Investor

View Archman Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LTC's Sweet Monthly Dividend Is Icing On The Cake [View article]
    "Zacks has LTC rated as a #4 (Sell)"

Which is completely meaningless. Zacks? LOL. Cmon.
    They know as much as the average person. Nothing. They are guessing. The only difference between them and the average person: They have the $$ and marketing machine to make believe they are smarter than everyone else. Same with Morningstar.
    I wonder if Zacks has had a sell on LTC since 2000? You know since the stock has gone from $3 a share to $39 today over that time period.
    Oct 24 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Caterpillar's Q3 results [View news story]
    Sounds good.

Continuing declining sales worldwide.
    "Restructuring" costs adding .09 back to EPS..LOL
    Massive stock buybacks artificially boosting EPS so the media have more ammo to brainwash mom and pop investors that the only stocks they should own are the ones in the DJIA.

And while they are predicting almost no sales growth from 2014 to 2015 they are raising EPS guidance? LOL. Sounds like the buy backs are going to go full tilt a whirl to keep the game going.

Classic example of how these "most widely held" stocks are manipulated and massaged to keep the masses invested in the exact same top 100 stocks by market cap. Oh well. The game has to continue.

Remember folks. The only stocks you should own are the ones that the media, asset gatherers & Wall st. tout 24/7, are the most widely held and because past performance does in fact guarantee future results. LOL.
    Oct 23 09:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar beats by $0.36, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Sounds good.

Continuing declining sales worldwide.
    "Restructuring" costs adding .09 back to EPS..LOL

Oct 23 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bloggers' Dividend Growth Portfolio: Popular Dividend Growth Stocks Trading On U.S. Exchanges [View article]
    Excellent!

I own none of these.
    Oct 22 07:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: American Realty Capital Properties Closes Sale Of Shopper Center Portfolio [View article]
    Yiwen.
    Thanks for the comment. GTAT is not really my style anyway.

I have found over my 20 years of investing experience that even with proper research there is still a chance you can be wrong anyway. $ARCP is just a part of my overall portfolio and the stock price might reflect all the current news & information or it may not. I have found though that more often than not, when you buy a stock that no one wants (if the fundamentals hold and improve) over the long term you end up doing pretty well as Wall St. eventual upgrades and the sheep then start piling in. Kinda like this market. Mom and Pop investors always start re-investing again "after" the stock market goes up 200% from it's low.
    Oct 21 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yiwen:
    Very silly comment you made. Just because you buy a stock when no one wants it, does not mean you buy just anything without some research to accompany it.
    Oct 21 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No predicting the future. However one thing that seems to come true time and time again:

You buy a stock when no one wants it.
    When everyone wants it you say, here...take mine.

Served me well over and over.
    Oct 21 09:59 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's beats by $0.13, misses on revenue [View news story]
    11146471:

Yeah but past performance guarantees future results doesn't it? I mean that's what we are told happens when you buy the top 50 stocks by market cap just like the other 95% of all Americans do. Wall St., Cramer, CNBC, every media outlet and fund manager that focuses on selling Americans the same 100 top stocks by market cap says that what we should buy.

Billy Bob's grandma made 30000% return on her investment for the past 50 years so that guarantees that the next 50 years will be the same. Doesn't it?
    Oct 21 09:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM tumbles 8% after disappointing results [View news story]
    Oh well. I guess there is only so much stock a company can buy back in a quarter to make EPS look good.
    Oct 20 09:51 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices misses by $0.01, misses on revenue [View news story]
    LOL.
    I am not even going to bother linking to comments I have made in the past about this stock.

Still one of the worst investments anyone could have made over the last 3 decades.
    Only the trader has made money over that time frame.
    Oct 16 08:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel downgraded at Morgan Stanley; now sharply lower premarket [View news story]
    J. Woods.
    Thanks for the response.
    I don't understand the investment thesis because I am not invested in INTC.

INTC is a former bull market winner that Wall ST. uses as one of its "bellwether" stocks to convince mom and pop Americans of what to invest in. Technically other than being a dividend stock OR a trading stock INTC has not made anyone any money in 15 years now. (Please notice I said dividend investors & traders have made money if you get in and out at the right time).
    Considering the market has gone up so much since 2009 and INTC essentially follows the general market direction, unless we have another 100% upside in the S & P, INTC has seen as good as it is going to get as far as stock price goes regardless if they have some sort of product breakthrough.
    If a true bear market is here again and there is significant downside ahead you can be sure INTC is going to follow the general market right down with it just because it is typically sold off along with everything else.

As an investor who uses a Roth IRA for most investments (not my triple tax free munis) I prefer dividend investments simply because all the money that comes out someday is 100% tax free.

I never gave buy backs much thought until I spent more time reading about them and realizing what Wall St. and the biggest companies by market cap really use them for. I guess I am not a fan of splitting and splitting a stock then doing buy backs to buy back the very same stock that was just created from that stock split. Granted some like CSCO give buybacks a very bad name because by now most people know that CSCO wasted billions over the years buying back stock while on the sly issuing boatloads of stock to insiders resulting in net net very little share reduction. Then of course it is well know that buy backs add to EPS and that is why many companies use them to help them manage EPS expectations.

Best to you.
    Oct 15 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Cin.
    Actually no. I was "lucky" (and one of the few who admits it was luck) that I sold my PMCS & JDSU just after the bubble was beginning it's collapse, locking in some sweet profits since early 1998. The tech crash was of no consequence for me and my entire portfolio was down quite a bit less than all the major averages during that 2000-2003 time frame.

I was trying to be nice here and not take things to seriously. You don't have to sound like a douche bag.

Best to you.
    Oct 15 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Cin:
    Yeah I just like to joke around as people are brainwashed by Wall St. to keep buying the same old stocks that are never going to return to their old 1990's bull market highs. I guess the good news is that as of today's prices INTC is the same price as it was back in 1999.
    Oct 15 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KH:

It's just a thought. The can change their target payout ratio if they desire. The bottom line is: Like most companies that have split their stocks over and over and now spend billions of shareholder dollars to buy back that very same stock, they could just do reverse stock splits and do other things with that cash. But alas, in the world of mega cap stocks, you need to have the ability to "manage" EPS expectations since growth is no where near what it used to be and the public / media are fixated on "beat by a penny"
    Oct 15 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If i was investing in INTC (which I am not) i would prefer cash returned as dividends instead of buying back the very shares that they created by splitting the stock over and over years ago (when stock splits were done to appease investors and create media hype). If they wanted to reduce share count they should do a reverse stock split then increase the dividend. But then again that would not give them the ability to smooth out EPS like most of these mega cap stocks like to do.

I am not invested in INTC but I enjoy reading and hearing from folks who are still investing in the same ole Wall Street stocks that the media and Wall St. try to sell to Americans every day in the hope that the 90's bull market will some day return.
    Oct 15 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment