Ariel Aharonovich

View Ariel Aharonovich's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Navios Partners: Strong Management And Fleet At 20% Discount [View article]
    Good article J
    NMM is a dream comes true for (high) income seekers
    Excellent management, very profitable business, high dividend yield.
    Indeed, the business itself is risky and the cargo vessels activity isn't suitable for investors with weak heart. Nevertheless, those looking for an attractive risk/reward stock - this is the one for you!
    Feb 23, 2013. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Avoid Five Below [View article]
    Sammy,
    You're spot on (although you missed out the chart of the dollar stores that you referred to)
    Unlike you, and in light of my negative view of FIVE, I would sell it short BIG TIME.
    The $40 proved to be a resistance level few months ago and I believe it'll hold. Therefore, the upside from here (38.15 as I write) is limited and I don't expect short squeeze.
    Surly, FIVE can surprise with good-better results and it may spike higher momentarily. Nevertheless, as you wrote yourself, dollar stores are suffering and as a matter of fact the entire retail market is suffering - and I don't see it performing too well going forward.
    FIVE is overpriced and the hype of this recent new issue is over.
    In addition, insiders can now sell shares freely (after the lock-up period ended) and I expect them to start doing so real soon.
    Bottom line: we share the same view but apparently I'm more aggressive when it comes to the trade recommendation... (-;
    Good luck!
    Feb 22, 2013. 12:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Bet On HP Doubling [View article]
    Dana,
    HPQ may not double in 3-5 years (I believe it may, btw) but it's definitely out of the woods.
    Diminishing HP is like what I read about DELL or the PC; they are not dead. They never did!
    Companies, businesses and products may suffer difficult times and HP surly does (as the PC for that matter) but it's strong and diversified enough to pull itself together. It's about time.
    I can't say that HP will be here in 10 or 20 years but I can't say it about any company. Never say never.
    What I can say is that HP is doing what it needs in order to "reinvent" itself. I still believe that HP need to break up as it is a classic case of "the whole is smaller than the sum of its parts"
    Feb 22, 2013. 11:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Is A Fallen Angel That Can Double In 3-5 Years [View article]
    Tim,
    Congratulations for reaching the 100 published articles
    Good and mostly reasonable call
    Feb 22, 2013. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cirrus Logic: A Case Of Mistaken Identity [View article]
    George,
    I'm totally supporting your view on this one
    Patience will pay off
    Feb 22, 2013. 08:29 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Price wars. Rackspace (RAX) slashes cloud pricing by 33% and announces tiered pricing for its open cloud product portfolio. Shares +0.3% premarket, off 25% YTD. (PR) Update at 8:50: The news is now taking hold, shares -6%[View news story]
    Another evidence of this WAY-overvalued stock
    Even after 25% YTD RAX is a screaming SHORT
    I wouldn't be surprised if this news flash would have ended "Shares off 25% premarket"...
    SHORT - and happily so - RAX
    Feb 22, 2013. 08:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Less-Known MLPs With Strong Growth Prospects [View article]
    Both MMLP and PVR are indeed great MLPs
    I'm less familiar with LGCY but it seems like an interesting one as well
    What is your preference/conviction amongst these 3?
    Feb 22, 2013. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing The M&A Wave [View article]
    Bret,
    I like both PWER and WRES but am waiting for lower entry points. Both stocks are very volatile and seem like taking a pause after the recent run-up.
    Since we're both waiting for another 3%-5% correction (from the 1500-mark) I hope that lower entry points should be available soon...

AZK wasn't acquired yet. There's an offer which is still valid and the shareholders need to decide about it. AZK's board recommended shareholders to reject the offer and, regardless of the board advice, decided to object the takeover because AZK is only starting to reveal its potential and I believe it worth much more than the 4.6-4.7 offered priced (which isn't fixed as the offer involved both cash and shares of the buyer).
    I believe that AZK can double itself but realistically speaking a price in the 7.7-7.8 area (AZK's all-time high) would probably do the job for both the board and myself... at some point we have to let go, isn't it?...
    Feb 22, 2013. 07:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Green Innovations Stock Is Likely To Fall By 70% Or More [View article]
    Well known problem... don't try time the market a/o SA editors...(-;
    Yet, a great call and a great analysis
    I wish I was in!... (only started to follow GNIN in the last week or so)
    Feb 22, 2013. 06:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Warren Buffett Think That The Market Is Expensive? [View article]
    The Heinz-Ketchup business is a very solid and resilient business so it doesn't necessarily reflect Buffett's appetite for new investments right now.
    Feb 21, 2013. 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Angie's List Will Never Be Profitable [View article]
    They won't, sorry they can't, be profitable over time
    Their model is based on a non-realistic human behavior
    Feb 21, 2013. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Et Tu, Brute: Equity Markets Disconnected From Economy And Corporate Earnings [View article]
    Markets can get disconnected from economic conditions but a certain time (4 years already...) but not forever...
    There is one driver -and one driver only - for market trends: the almighty FED. Whether we like it or not, the fed decisions take the markets up or down and nothing else - that normally should - matters
    Feb 21, 2013. 06:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Warren Buffett Think That The Market Is Expensive? [View article]
    Exactly!
    This graph appeared on Bloomberg at some point.
    There's also a BB function called WCAUUS that provides the total value although the value there is a bit higher than the one in "my" graph. I guess they used different definitions for the two graphs though the difference is small.
    In any case, if I would have used the WCAUUS total value the % would have come higher (than 100%) thus the conclusion would be even stronger and more valid
    Feb 21, 2013. 06:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Amen!
    Feb 21, 2013. 02:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wrote this article 36h ago and accidentally, or luckily, it was published on the very same date that the Fed minutes hint at a possible scale back in 2013.. By the market reaction to the fed minutes I would say that fear is not only justified but very real.
    You're right - The fed is responsible for both the good (last 4 years) and the bad (what led to the crisis) but, either way, it's clear that the fed drives the market and, if so, shouldn't we be worried from the day that the fed leave the markets alone? Shouldn't an healthy market functions based on its on merits?
    It's about time for the fed to let go
    Feb 21, 2013. 02:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment