Ariel Aharonovich

View Ariel Aharonovich's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Mitt Romney Factor In 2 Specific Sectors [View article]
    I personally don't hold any stocks belonging to the defense industry. Nonetheless, and regardless of the elections, some of those stocks - especially LMT - are always good-to-have and proven picks
    Aug 8 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Mitt Romney Factor In 2 Specific Sectors [View article]
    "which sectors would profit from Obama winning"???
    This is indeed a very important question and a great subject, if I may suggest, for your next article!...
    I assume that the most immediate beneficiaries would be pharmaceuticals, especially generics, as well as mREIT and other mortgage-related corps.
    Would be very much interesting - or, as said, reading - your views about this.
    Thanks in advance
    Aug 8 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Mitt Romney Factor In 2 Specific Sectors [View article]
    I tend to agree with your forecast.
    Mitt Romney is good for the market - no doubt - but it's hard for me to see him getting elected although I personally (apparently Paulo Santos too...) prefer to him him president over Obama (Pity I don't have voting rights...)
    Aug 8 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding The Summer For Powder River Basin Coal [View article]
    Joe, do you have a target price for ACI?
    Do you see it reaching a double-digit price during, say, 2012?
    Aug 3 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EUR/USD Near Big Reversal: Dollar May Lose Ground [View article]
    Don't know where it may reach but predicting 1.33 and 1.45 means that you have some really big balls (to predict). Do you have the same size of balls when it comes to investing real money???...
    Talking is one thing. Doing is another!
    Jul 27 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Philip Morris And Don't Believe The Hype [View article]
    And once again - big-big thanks
    Bought ACI 2 days ago at 5.36... and the rest (after today's strong results) is history... +22% today. FANTASTIC!
    ALL OF YOU WHO "DON'T UNDERSTAND" OR CHALLENGE JOE’S ABILITIY TO MAKE GOOD CALLS - THERE YOU GO.
    I already followed 2 advices that Joe delivered – to buy call options on financials about a month ago (did it with BAC and mostly C) as well as to buy ACI (though admittedly I did it in my own paste/time/price...) - and they both perform very well to date.
    Thanks again Joe for your valuable contribution and keep on the good work.
    Those who undermine your knowledge talent are apparently not only rude but mostly foolish for not making good money out of your good calls. I proudly do!
    Jul 27 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Philip Morris And Don't Believe The Hype [View article]
    Joe, without making a call about PM (tough one; totally agree on AMZN though) I admire your ability to write so many articles with such an in-depth knowledge. People may not agree with you - and it's their right to do so - but I guess most of them are talking from their (own) positions (and blaming you for not doing, or doing..., the same)
    I only follow 2 authors and you are one of them so as far as I concern - regardless of your calls - you should be praised!
    Jul 26 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Write A Proper Short Argument: Interactive Brokers [View article]
    IB is a great platform and it's by far the most growing online platform at the moment. True, choppy markets = choppy IBKR share price but eventually their scale and efficiency would play a major part. Perhaps buying now at 13.4 isn't the right time/price but (1) there's never a "right" time and (2) the "right" price isn't much lower than this
    Jul 20 07:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Hours Later Up 23.2% [View article]
    Totally agree with you Paulo; one should never allocate too much of his portfolio to one single stock.
    Nonetheless, what Joe had stated last week was reasonable and made perfect sense. Sometimes you don't have to “invent the world” and instead the “right” trades are just “sitting” next to you; this was exactly one of these cases!
    At first, I didn't think that I'll follow Joe's advise because of what you just wrote (risk etc.) but then, after giving it a more in-depth thinking, I realized that I have positioned my portfolio - through many other holdings - just for what Joe talked about anyhow; so..., if on Thursday I was turning LONG EURUSD and short JPY, I was closing my shorts and going few longs, why wouldn't I take advantage of what seems to be like a “free lunch” or, even better, the best RISK/REWARD trade out there?.
    Retrospectively, in my humble opinion, Joe’s advice should have had the following features as well:
    1. Pick a strike which is AT LEAST 3-4% below the underlying share market price, to avoid the risk of the markets turning against you.
    2. Pick a strike which is NO MORE than 7-8% below the underlying share market price, to cash in higher return if you turn right.
    Adhering to these 2 additional rules would eliminate the BAC 6 strike CALL and would call for a higher strike instead.
    This is also why my C 24 gained 70% vs. BAC 6 "only" 23% gain
    Jul 2 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Hours Later Up 23.2% [View article]
    Great trade indeed and thank you for it!
    I actually followed you on this one; unfortunately I only bought 40 BAC options because I chickened and took my limit down (too low) when the market faded on Thursday. I intended to buy 100k-worth of each BAC, C and MS = the most beaten ones.
    On the other hand I bought also 220 options on Citi 24 and made on those almost 70%...
    Should I hadn't lowered my limits I could cash in an annual salary last Friday... still: good advise, good trade, good value. Thanks!
    Jul 2 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here We Go Again: Buy-And-Hold Investing Is Dead [View article]
    100% True!
    Jun 8 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: Short The Mouse Trap [View article]
    I couldn't agree more. DIS is overvalued and with the economy sluggish at best there's no room for it to rise.
    I agree with previous comments re the time/potential/quantity and my advice would be: shoult it with the full capcity now, at 45.71 or whatever price you get. I don't see DIS reaching the 49.37 level where the author wish to complete 75% of his overall intended short.
    "If you wish to short - short!, don't talk..."
    Jun 8 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qihoo: Fake It 'Til You Make It [View article]
    Whether Qihoo is cooking its numbers or not is something I leave to the author to comment on. From my perspective, almost any SHORT Chinese company is a right move at the moment for various, very simple, reasons:
    1. The world economy is in recession. This is affecting EVERYONE, including China and including "active users" of Qihoo...
    2. The Chinese economy is slowing down rapidly. Today's Chinese Manufacturing PMI as well as Chinese HSBC Manufacturing PMI prove it further.
    3. Numbers is China are cooked all over the place, all the time. They publish what they want to publish. Whether Deloitte is the relevant auditor - or any other respectable accounting firm - is meaningless when it comes to Chinese data (from both corporate and governement point of views). I wouldn't buy into Qihoo numbers either way!
    4. China WILL NOT become the greatest power in the world. It simply can't be, due to its childbirth policy (=far more males than females) and birth rate (which is not sustainable to keep up with its recent years growth rate of 9%-10%).
    5. PC Internet browsing had picked already (same say long ago...) and everything move to the mobile devices, where there are many other solutions, players, options...; this is an ongoing move that only intensifies. Look what it did - and will do - to Facebook; the same thing will apply to many other internet/engines/websi... networks and many other providers,
    ...Therefore: I agree. I intend to SHORT Qihoo!
    p.s.
    I didn't know Qihoo before and I did a little search since yesterday when this article was published because I find it logical and interesting to expolre this company; well, you know what I'm thinking of it by now...
    Jun 1 04:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Is Overvalued And Risky At $227 [View article]
    Totally agree!
    Amazon is a bubble with not much hopes/chances ahead and tons of risks/concerns already standing in line.
    I just short it!!!
    May 14 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Las Vegas Sands Is Raking In The Chips [View article]
    Sorry to ruine the party guys but I tend to disagree.
    If the ecnomy is lousy - and so I believe it is - people don't go to gamble.
    Casinos are the first places people stop visitng if they fear that something is wrong and if they don't feel secure enough with thep prospects. Therefore, if (like me) you see a downside and a deteriorating economy - LVS is definitely not the place to be invested in, especially taking into consideration the recent record share price, as mentioned above
    Apr 27 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment