Ariel Aharonovich

View Ariel Aharonovich's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Things Apple Must Do To Regain Its Dominance [View article]
    Accumulating tons of cash has nothing to do with strategy or with "staying focus". With no debt at all, AAPL need to have very little cash on its balance sheet. If they don't find anything good to do with it on the M&A side they should, as Bert suggests, give the cash back to the shareholders.
    Feb 9, 2013. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple On January 18 [View article]
    Thanks Joe
    "Just one guy's opinion" but an important and highly appreciated one!
    Jan 14, 2013. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple On January 18 [View article]
    Joe,
    Do you buy pre or post earnings?
    Jan 14, 2013. 07:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Worrisome About Apple [View article]
    I agree that working with WMT has pros (reaching the mass market) and cons (destroying the status symbol).
    Nevertheless, AAPL is marketing to the mass market long ago and I believe that AAPL itself realizes that when every second person holds an iPhone and every other second person holds another Apple product - it's no more about status symbol but about increasing sales.
    Therefore, from a pure marketing and economical point of view it seems to me like AAPL simply made a strategic decision to sell a lot rather than to sell to the selective few. It's a pure preference of Quantity over Quality. One may disagree with the decision but what stands behind it is, IMHO, pretty clear.
    At 500-510 AAPL is a bargain. As you rightly said - the share price represents no growth and no future for this amazing giant. selling like crazy at WMT will perhaps compress the margins but it would definitely won't harm growth... I'm LONG AAPL at any price with a 50x-code!...
    Dec 21, 2012. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Apple Bottom Friday? [View article]
    Sold at 570 2 weeks ago, bought again at 511 last week...
    Dec 19, 2012. 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple On January 18 [View article]
    Joe, as always I've enjoyed reading your views and analysis.
    BUT this time we split ways... I bought AAPL last Friday at 516. You may be right with your patience mode but for me AAPL is a worthwhile holding for way-beyond the next 2 months you refer to.
    Btw, got rid of ACI at 6.775.... one of my biggest-ever mistakes was not selling it before the elections. During the week before the elections I had several sell limits in place; first at 8.88 (it reached 8.79), then 8.75 (it reached 8.75 earlier that day; then after 8.69) and I simply didn't sell. Then, after the elections, I've been waiting for god-knows-what but last week I've decided that there are probably better horses (like AAPL...) to ride on right now
    Nov 18, 2012. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Apple Bottom Friday? [View article]
    both GOOG and AAPL are equally clear beneficiaries of this new featured goog maps app
    Nov 18, 2012. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Apple Bottom Friday? [View article]
    Sure it's a buy at 475 BUT it may never gets there...
    I believe that the 5-xx is the lowest area code for AAPL
    this is why I bought last Friday at 516
    Nov 18, 2012. 06:01 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple On Sell-Off [View article]
    I bought AAPL last Friday at 516 and couldn't believe how lucky I am to finally own this stock at such an attractive price. At 505 (and every 2% lower), if it ever reach there, I'll double my positions!
    Nov 17, 2012. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment