Arthur Porcari

View Arthur Porcari's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kandi Technologies' Recent Multi-Billion Dollar Coup Creates An Avis ZipCar Times Ten [View article]
    Jte- Yes, KNDI did to my surprise elect to do a $26 million equity financing, the largest secondary for a China RTO in almost three years and at a low discount price equal to the pre-market low price of the day before, and after Pearsons article. Quite a feat for a company who according to attack writers is nothing but a go-cart company.

But understand one thing. Neither I nor the Company ever denied they would eventually use the S-3, we said that Pearson was wrong in saying it would be used by a secretive ATM financing. We both said if and when they decided to do a financing, it would be all reported within two days. As it turns out, it was reported immediately.
    Jun 28 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dwd- Computer Generated reports like Ameritrade uses doesn't take in consideration the fact and costs that KNDI has internally developed ten EVs approved by the MIIT for sale in China all done with internal capital and all the while paying taxes on their income. Had they not had to the luxury of grants and low interest loans, I suspect past earnings would have been higher.
    Jun 28 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dwd- Thanks for taking the time to verify my claims. As an old Marine Viet Nam Captain, it takes a lot more heat than any of these turds can come up with to intimidate me. As I have said. I write under my own name because I am content with my reputation.
    Jun 28 07:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Muk- Well then I guess you see that the short interest reported today which only cover the first five days of high volume trading jumped over a million shares to 1.8 million (even higher than I was projecting in this article) or over 10% of the float. Probably double that by now. Looking more like TSLA stock every day :-)
    Jun 25 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Muk-Its A Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma, or as I called it in an earlier SA article, Nasdaq's Oxymoron. Or to those investors who have been hiding under a rock for the past couple of years, its a China stock that I would not own if it weren't a China stock.

Does that answer your question?
    Jun 25 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    wab- Thanks for the warm endorsement. What's the old saying? "What Challenges that don't kill you, only make you stronger". I don't think there is any question that the past few years have been a challenge for any China based public company.

The good part is that KNDI is now being recognized world-wide by a very large audience while the stock is still at give-a-way prices thanks to the short-sellers and naysayers. So as long as the company keeps performing, the stock should maintain a strong and constant move up.
    Jun 25 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dwd- It is the Business Model and the man who created it. If you read my two part KNDI vs. TSLA article I published in late April, and a comment I made in this article, you should get the impression that I strongly feel KNDI's CEO is truly a one-in-a-million business man who, at least in his own market, has the "DNA" of a Henry Ford, Ferdinand Porsche crossed with a Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Attributes I also feel Elon Muck shares.

I first met him in NY back in mid 2008 after being a shareholder of his for a year, and though he was speaking through an interpreter, this diminutive man had a very strong presence. EV's were no where on the Radar back then, I thought of his Company as being a mini-Polaris. Upon leaving, I went up to him to say good bye, we shook hands as I had congratulated him for sharing his Company by becoming listed on the NASDAQ and wished him future success. He stared me straight in the eye and told me "I promise I will never disappoint.

After being in the industry at that time for 33 years, I had heard that many times for CEO's, but there was something about that moment that made me believe this man was special. Two and a half years later in late 2010, after he cut his first JV partnership with State Grid, I went to China to see him and the Company. He took me over to Jinhua's first and recently completed EV battery charging/changing facility which was being prepped for its Grand Opening ceremony in a few days. As we drove up before we could even get out of the car, a number of State Grid top executives and a camera crew came up to us and were clearly honored by his presence.

While visiting with him, he gave a vision of the future he saw for KNDI and China in EVs which was incredible, but also comprehensible, at least from the China view. Now here we are, halfway through that five years, KNDI is well ahead of his vision, waiting only on China to catch up.

After forty years and working with well over a hundred public companies in my earlier years, I had found plenty I was impressed with but very few who didn't at least do something to disappoint me in the first couple of years. In KNDI's case, while I am disappointed in the stock and the ignorant disrespect heaped on the company by US pundits, after seven years, Mr. Hu has yet to disappoint me and in fact has gone beyond my earlier wildest expectations in building the Company.
    Jun 25 08:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lucio- You said: "As per their own admission the 10-Q filings is Unaudited. Look for yourself under the company heading. From page 5 on."

Do you know nothing about US listed public company financial reporting, or do you enjoy looking foolish? All companies 10Q's are unaudited. Only year end 10K's are audited.

From the SEC website:

"The Form 10-Q includes unaudited financial statements and provides a continuing view of the company's financial position during the year. The report must be filed for each of the first three fiscal quarters of the company's fiscal year."

Jun 25 06:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jtech- I would agree if the stock price went to a significantly higher level, and it did it sooner rather than later, then like TSLA after it ran up from the 30's to the 90's. they will likely consider a financing. However, I think today's announcement made it quite clear they have no interest in doing any financing in the high single digits. With all the volume and large jump in price, if they were desperate, they would have done it by now.

I can't blame Pearson for assuming with the maturing of its 25 million in notes that a financing might happen. What I do blame him for is he didn't give this as a possibility, he all but gave this as a certainty to scare innocent investors out of their stock. it is for this reason, I have a problem with him.

Am I irritated that he had to stoop to attacking me because I have stuck by the Company, yes I am. But seriously, do you know any "pump and dump" artists that have spent 7 years steadily supporting a company? If so, I sure would like to meet such a fool.

I don't know if CLNT is a better company or not, I know nothing about it. Just like Pearson knows nothing about KNDI, but the difference is I don't place myself in a discussion unless I do know what I am talking about. I have more respect for my reputation. But I do know that KNDI is an exceptional company and will continue to grow rapidly. KNDI, I obviously do know a lot about.

Thanks for commenting
    Jun 24 04:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Shefayim- you are correct. And Sinopoly too. This Hong Kong listed company has China's wealthiest man according to Forbes, Li Kai-shing as its largest outside shareholder.

Thanks for the Comment.
    Jun 24 04:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So what you are trying to say is that this time there are Institutions buying the stock? If that is your point, I do tend to agree with you. But we will know after they have to report in the new quarter.
    Jun 24 03:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I left it out for the same reason every attack writer has left it out. They looked it up on Pacer and realized that KNDI was only named in the suit because it happened to have a couple of Go-carts for sale in the same sales center. As the company said in the 10Q for the past three years, The go cart which caused the accident was not a KNDI go cart.
    Jun 24 03:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    yafecker- As you know, he did declare he was short KNDI.

Desperate times, make people do desperate things. I have been around KNDI so long that nothing can make me desperate about the Companies recurring performance.
    Jun 24 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cassina- Thanks again for the kind comments. I suspect you are going to be "right on" with your trading comparison to TSLA. The short while substantial based on KNDI's trading back when I put out my April articles, should now be catching up rapidly.

Hopefully you have been able to get some stock bought.
    Jun 24 03:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment