Asean Century

View Asean Century's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will Activists Finally Get What They Want From Rentech? [View article]
    I agree completely. The other thing that shocked me is why is the corporate headquarters on Wilshire Blvd in LA? That's a long way from the plants in Illinois and Texas.
    Aug 20 08:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: XO Group Earnings [View article]
    Couldn't agree more! Thanks for your comment.
    Aug 16 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Integrated Device Technology Earnings [View article]
    My apologies as well. In their press releases, they use IDT so I made that mental error. Thanks for making the correction.
    Aug 6 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Casey's General Stores: Multiple Business Lines Create A Market Mispricing [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. The comparison to Chipotle is related to Casey's ranking among the fastest-growing chains in the US. Chipotle was number 4 and Casey's number 5. Thanks for pointing out that not all stores will go to 24-hour format. I guess in some rural areas it wouldn't make much sense for Casey's to do so.
    Aug 5 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Telecom Argentina Earnings, Argentina Defaults And CEO Resigns [View article]
    Thanks for the comment,

You always have to worry about Peso depreciation when it comes to investing in Argentina. With that being said, I really think the country is turning a corner. Look at all the news in the past 3-4 days and TEO is up $0.13 this morning. To me, that's a very bullish sign. There's all the reasons for the stock to really sell off and it's holding up very well.
    Aug 4 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong FCF And Share Buybacks Make Flextronics International A Compelling Investment [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. The CEO addressed this issue on the latest earnings call when asked about it.

Michael M. McNamara - Chief Executive Officer and Director
    Yes. Let me answer the second question first on the agreement. As you can probably imagine they're in a pretty significant quiet period, both Motorola and Lenovo, regarding the deal. And as to whether or not there is any updated agreement changes or anything else, there is not. So we don't have any new data on that. We do think it's going to take some time to flow through the system and move to a different kind of agreement. We think we're going to have to wait until the transaction completely closes. But -- so for now there's no real update on that, and we just continue to be couraged that we'll try to -- that we can use our capabilities and the size and the previous relationship with Lenovo to work through a solution with Lenovo that makes sense for both our companies. But -- and as regard to profitability, I can't speak to details of profitability of any particular customer, but one of the things I can say is you could probably see the revenue growing, the adjusted earnings per share growing, the operating profit growing, the profit percent growing. So it's continuing to contribute in a very predictable way.
    May 12 12:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Watsco Remains A Top Investment In A Volatile Market [View article]
    Congratulations! Watsco has been a tremendous performer. It certainly looks like he's grooming him with Aaron being a VP of Strategy and Business Development. I still think Aaron has a ways to go yet before he succeeds Al since he's only 33.
    May 4 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telecom Argentina: An Extremely Undervalued Situation [View article]
    Thanks for all your comments. Shares are up over 6% since the article was published. The long-term potential is there and that is how I recommend investing. Buy undervalued companies and forget about them for a couple of years.
    Apr 16 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Dip In Bally Technologies [View article]
    Glad I could be of help!
    Feb 14 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Time To Integrate This LTE/4G Supplier Into Your Portfolio? 1 Million Reasons To Say Yes [View article]
    Thanks for the follow-up. Great article. Shares are up almost 5% today!
    Feb 12 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chuy's Is Not The Next Chipotle [View article]
    I agree that Taco Cabana has potential. FRGI had a huge run this past year.
    Jan 10 02:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chuy's Is Not The Next Chipotle [View article]
    irishbread,

Thanks for the added info and analysis. Further supports the bearish case for Chuy's.
    Jan 10 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Susquehanna Bancshares: Another Underappreciated Regional Bank [View article]
    If Cramer says sell, that means buy.
    Aug 29 02:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At 4 Small Cap Shale Plays [View article]
    I agree with you on CRZO. Really under-followed and not getting as much interest as the others. Shareholders keep making money and I guess they don't want the secret out
    May 17 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For Investors To Reassess Their MLP Holdings [View article]
    It seems it was an off-the-cuff remark by Gundlach. I can't find any more info than where he was quoted by Barrons and CNBC. Hopefully he'll provide more info and I'll update the article. I'm a big fan of Gundlach
    May 15 12:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment