Asean Century

View Asean Century's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Five energy stocks liked by billionaires that could stage a comeback [View news story]
    It's more like almost $600 million now. Check out my article
    Dec 6, 2014. 11:16 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Activists Finally Get What They Want From Rentech? [View article]
    I agree completely. The other thing that shocked me is why is the corporate headquarters on Wilshire Blvd in LA? That's a long way from the plants in Illinois and Texas.
    Aug 20, 2014. 08:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talisman Energy: A Great Black Friday Bargain Thanks To OPEC [View article]
    Don't think it's a falling knife. Not sure why the stock got hit as hard as it did today. I cannot find any news, but someone sure did sell and dump the stock.
    Dec 4, 2014. 11:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks For The Long-Run: Starbucks [View article]
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I own AAPL currently, but I'm not sure I'll be using Apple products in 20 years. Whereas I know I'll be drinking Starbucks coffee, watching Disney movies, shopping at Walmart, wearing Nike running shoes, and taking Tylenol from JNJ for my headaches. I also think FB could be a fad in the long-run. I know I've gotten tired of it and quit in the past. Any thoughts?
    Nov 14, 2014. 08:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks For The Long-Run: Starbucks [View article]
    Thanks for the follow. I'll get the other picks out over the next few weeks.
    Nov 12, 2014. 09:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Buffalo Wild Wings' PizzaRev Chain Going To Hit The Big Time? [View article]
    Please note from the press release:

Los Angeles-based PizzaRev was founded in 2012 by longtime entertainment industry executives Irv Zuckerman and Rodney Eckerman, along with their sons, Nicholas Eckerman and Jeff Zuckerman. The executive team possesses a combination of Fortune 500 operating experience and high-profile restaurant management. PizzaRev is currently franchising and announced a strategic partnership with Buffalo Wild Wings in 2013. The company currently operates 10 corporate restaurants with additional franchise locations under development in Minnesota, Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, Missouri, Texas, and Orange County and San Diego in California. Visit http://www.PizzaRev.com for updated location information.

Buffalo Wild Wings is only a minority investor and the two locations in MN are franchised. Buffalo Wild Wings is the franchisee.

Aug 22, 2014. 11:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffalo Wild Wings Owns The Next 'Chipotle' [View article]
    I agree that Buffalo Wild Wings is a good buy. However, please note that it's just an investor and franchisee of Pizzarev.

The pizza chain has potential, but as it currently stands, not enough to have a meaningful impact on the top or bottom lines for B-Dubs.
    Aug 22, 2014. 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong FCF And Share Buybacks Make Flextronics International A Compelling Investment [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. The CEO addressed this issue on the latest earnings call when asked about it.

Michael M. McNamara - Chief Executive Officer and Director
    Yes. Let me answer the second question first on the agreement. As you can probably imagine they're in a pretty significant quiet period, both Motorola and Lenovo, regarding the deal. And as to whether or not there is any updated agreement changes or anything else, there is not. So we don't have any new data on that. We do think it's going to take some time to flow through the system and move to a different kind of agreement. We think we're going to have to wait until the transaction completely closes. But -- so for now there's no real update on that, and we just continue to be couraged that we'll try to -- that we can use our capabilities and the size and the previous relationship with Lenovo to work through a solution with Lenovo that makes sense for both our companies. But -- and as regard to profitability, I can't speak to details of profitability of any particular customer, but one of the things I can say is you could probably see the revenue growing, the adjusted earnings per share growing, the operating profit growing, the profit percent growing. So it's continuing to contribute in a very predictable way.
    May 12, 2014. 12:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chuy's Is Not The Next Chipotle [View article]
    I agree that Taco Cabana has potential. FRGI had a huge run this past year.
    Jan 10, 2014. 02:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At 4 Small Cap Shale Plays [View article]
    I agree with you on CRZO. Really under-followed and not getting as much interest as the others. Shareholders keep making money and I guess they don't want the secret out
    May 17, 2013. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For Investors To Reassess Their MLP Holdings [View article]
    It seems it was an off-the-cuff remark by Gundlach. I can't find any more info than where he was quoted by Barrons and CNBC. Hopefully he'll provide more info and I'll update the article. I'm a big fan of Gundlach
    May 15, 2013. 12:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For Investors To Reassess Their MLP Holdings [View article]
    Phil,

Thanks for your comments. MLPs are still great investments, I just think investors need to look more in depth at each one and their debt levels and what rates are floating and fixed. I like PAA and MMP in the space. I've looked into Gundlach's comments and they were reported by Barrons and CNBC. I'm not seeing anything where he goes into more depth on MLPs. If I do see something, I'll do another article or update here in the comments.
    May 15, 2013. 12:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Undervalued Bakken Plays [View article]
    Tarponman61,

Thanks for pointing that out on KOG. Darn Yahoo Finance. I checked Bloomberg and the stock is down 11.75% over the past year.
    Apr 24, 2013. 11:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks For The Long-Run: Chevron [View article]
    I'm looking at starting to accumulate shares on a drop below $110.
    Dec 4, 2014. 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks For The Long-Run: Starbucks [View article]
    I do own the SPY, but it's boring. I get no satisfaction from it. When I walk by SBUX, I get at least some satisfaction that I own the stock. SBUX has a business I want to own. Yes, DIS is one I own and is one of the 10.
    Nov 12, 2014. 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment