Ashleigh Rogers

View Ashleigh Rogers' Comments BY TICKER:
  • XL Group Still Offers Value For Investors [View article]
    WCG is probably my favorite insurer right now.
    Apr 19 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KKR & Co.: Looks Can Be Deceiving [View article]
    If the KFN deal goes through it will have some stabilizing effects but just based on net incomes, KKR is a much larger entity so KFN will only have a limited effect.
    Apr 19 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KKR & Co.: Looks Can Be Deceiving [View article]
    Detailed KFN acquisition analysis will have to wait for a future article - I don't consider the impact of deals until they actually close.
    Apr 19 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KKR & Co.: Looks Can Be Deceiving [View article]
    The article was published yesterday when the market was closed so it's neither a down nor up day. I have no idea if Monday will be a down or up day, and I seriously doubt my article will move the stock either way especially since it's neither particularly bearish or bullish. Thanks for reading.
    Apr 19 12:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Global Has A Unique Growth Engine [View article]
    Thanks all for reading. While APO has underperformed the market in the last few weeks, I think that's largely due to lackluster market conditions and uncertainty over the effects of Fed tapering on APO's portfolio. The volatility in the stock is likely to persist for a while, but I still think that longer-term the stock has good upside. I will do an update on the company in a couple of months if there is any fundamental changes in the company that are worth writing about.
    Apr 8 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Huntington Bancshares Occupies A Favorable Niche [View article]
    It applies to me personally. I don't speak for my employer and I never write about stocks they are invested in.
    Feb 26 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Opportunity In Walter Investment Management: Sooner Or Later The Limbo Will Stop [View article]
    Ironically, some of Berkshire's subsidiaries, including one that a friend of mine works for, are in the servicing business. To each his own though, and of course all stocks need bulls and bears.
    Feb 21 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading. WAC is using funds to buy up MSRs. Mortgage servicers don't have capital requirements as banks do for the MSRs. That's the whole point of bank's selling them.
    Feb 20 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading. I'm not sure why you are having trouble finding their filings, but they are definitely publishing them. I found copies through my onlien broker's website. The company would have been delisted long ago if they hadn't filed with the SEC since 2012.
    Feb 20 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rapidly Growing Blucora Inc. Still Looks Interesting [View article]
    I certainly haven't read the full 81 page report, but I did see an article related to the stock earlier on SA, and I of course see that the stock is down big today. I'm not sure if there is any substance to the allegations, but I think the report seems well researched enough that it will probably be an overhang on the stock for a while. I doubt Google/Yahoo will dump BCOR, but the possibility that they may isn't good for the stock, and until that issue is resolved it's hard to see the price moving much higher.
    Feb 18 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nelnet: Regulatory Headwinds Look Priced In, But Market's Are Not Showing Enthusiasm [View article]
    The problem I have with it is that it's been trading at a single digit P/E for a long-time and doesn't pay substantial a dividend. As a result, I don't see a great way for investors to see substantial gains as rightly or wrongly, the market is not giving multiple expansion, and earnings are set to stagnate.
    Feb 16 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expansion Prospects At WellCare Health Plans Make It A Good Investment [View article]
    I don't really have much of an opinion on short-term price moves like this. Longer-term I like WCG. I think in a year is will be higher than it is today. I have no idea if it will be higher or lower in a week.
    Feb 14 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Delay Of Two-Midnight Rule Helps Tenet But Stock Still Has To Prove Itself After Miss [View article]
    I'm not quite as optimistic as Moody's is - I think they are early on the positive call. I think the final outcome from Obamcare is still very much in doubt and reimbursement rate cuts temper my enthusiasm. That said, I think long-term the stock is in good shape. This was never an obvious short candidate to me as I think the article makes clear.
    Feb 13 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Springleaf Holdings Is A Big Winner In A Post-Crisis Financial World [View article]
    Then I suppose LEAF and all other stocks are in trouble. If you foresee a panic coming, stocks are not the right investment for you.
    Feb 11 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes MOH has the same issue despite having just finished reporting strong earnings. The IHF index is less exposed to this so while it is being hurt by the uncertainty, it's not being hurt as much.
    Feb 11 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment