Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Developer Forum: What Investors Should Know [View article]
    Vlad

"@Ashraf The model you have mentioned is the weakest of the line, and you can not compare it to iPhone 6. Wait for Surface phone to come out. Everything else will look like 19th century antiques."

Same display, same industrial design, etc. I don't think more RAM and a higher clocked CPU would have made a big difference.

Aug 23, 2015. 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Developer Forum: What Investors Should Know [View article]
    I bought a ZenFone 2 w/ the Z3560 + 2GB of memory a while back. It's a solid budget device, but it definitely feels much cheaper than my iPhone 6. Display quality isn't as good, industrial design not as slick, no touch ID, etc.

Aug 21, 2015. 08:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mobileye: A Very Compelling Short Thesis [View article]
    Very good work here, Suhail Capital.

Aug 18, 2015. 09:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Raising Qualcomm To A High Conviction Buy [View article]
    Yep. They tested the Snapdragon 810, too.

It's good that the 820 is in the running, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion that Qualcomm will win the design.

Aug 11, 2015. 05:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Things Are Turning Ugly Very Quickly [View article]
    Very good article, Paulo.

Aug 6, 2015. 08:00 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: 2016 Will Mark Something Unique [View article]
    "I'm well aware that AMD's CPUs are second class to INTC's. I also like cars, but I'm not going to buy a brand new Ferrari or Porshe to commute to/from work."

Intel offers products at every price point...

Jul 28, 2015. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    techy46

"I think Intel 2nd tock on their 14nm tick is very telling since they now know that Atom x3 LTE at 14nm is going to be mid-2016ish."

Late 2016, not mid.

Jul 23, 2015. 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm posts mixed results, guides light, announces job cuts [View news story]
    vector_us

I'm not as pessimistic on the layoffs/restructuring, but I appreciate your views. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Jul 23, 2015. 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Vlad

There are many successful fabless semiconductor companies. Intel's manufacturing advantage hasn't allowed it to even make a dent in the smartphone market in terms of share.

At the end of the day, a chip vendor needs to be able to deliver the right designs (performance, features) at the correct cost structures to win share. Intel's mobile platforms have simply not been able to do this thus far, even with leading edge manufacturing plants and process recipes.

Jul 22, 2015. 10:11 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vector_us

Why do you think Qualcomm is doomed?

Jul 22, 2015. 06:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    Bruce

Are you still holding your position, or have you moved into different INTC options?

Jul 21, 2015. 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    Bruce

"They have talked a great talk and the potential is there, but the delivery has not followed the talk."

With respect to mobile, so much this.

Jul 21, 2015. 01:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's (INTC) CEO Brian Krzanich on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Nemesis1ism

No, I don't think Intel's 14nm = foundry 10nm. TSMC is projecting a ~2.2x increase in logic density over 16FF+, which should put it nicely ahead of Intel 14nm in terms of density.

Jul 20, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: I Told You To Wait, Now I Am Telling You To Wait Again [View article]
    Only because they pushed out 10nm startup costs due to 10nm delay...

Jul 15, 2015. 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: I Told You To Wait, Now I Am Telling You To Wait Again [View article]
    They lowered full year guide.

That said, it's nowhere near as bad as some have feared, which is why (IMO) the stock is moving up.

Jul 15, 2015. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment