Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Won't Build ARM Mobile Chips [View article]
    No. An "ARMv8 version of Bay Trail" wouldn't even run full Windows and would also require a redesign of the chip.
    Nov 10, 2013. 09:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: A Neutral Observer's Take [View article]
    @Afam
    "I set a stop loss. "

These don't work when stocks are halted.
    Nov 10, 2013. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Young Users Will Drive The Next Stage Of Mobile Devices [View article]
    " I hate Apple. I think their products are overpriced."

I grew up hating Apple, and thought that their products were mostly overpriced fashion accessories.

Got my first iPhone and I don't think I'll ever go back to a non-Apple phone.
    Nov 10, 2013. 03:57 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Young Users Will Drive The Next Stage Of Mobile Devices [View article]
    Good article, Michael, as per usual. Keep it up. Sorry to hear about the loss of your father :(
    Nov 10, 2013. 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Mobile Is All Upside [View article]
    trader_xx,

Didn't you work on Merrifield? Why do you think it's a flop?
    Nov 9, 2013. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Selling Intel [View article]
    If Intel hit $9, I would sell everything else and go all-in + margin. Would emerge very rich indeed.
    Nov 8, 2013. 01:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Selling Intel [View article]
    Markus Aarnio,

Suggesting a $9 PT on such a weak argument has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever read on this site.
    Nov 8, 2013. 12:44 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Investors Should Not Care About The 5s' Benchmarks [View article]
    "But for the short term, I think, their Baytrail promise is turning out to be more of a hype than substance. "

What leads you to believe this? Chip performs great.
    Nov 8, 2013. 12:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    Would never happen.
    Nov 7, 2013. 03:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    sog35,

I see, so I shouldn't be allowed my own opinions and the freedom to have conviction in said beliefs, particularly with a well articulated argument behind it?

Well, the door's that way. Don't let it hit you on the way out.
    Nov 7, 2013. 03:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    Tell that to Eastman Kodak or DEC. Plenty of heads. Still eventually failed.
    Nov 7, 2013. 02:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    zippero,

85-89m smartphones in a quarter? Wow. I bet Apple wishes it could sell that many! ;-)
    Nov 7, 2013. 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    "It's obvious which is the better, more profitable business model."

Samsung has nearly matched Apple's net income.
    Nov 7, 2013. 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    " I wouldn't buy a Samsung product on that principle alone no matter how much our blogger loves them."

I use an iPhone 5S and don't own a single Samsung product. Guess you feel pretty silly, don't you?
    Nov 7, 2013. 01:46 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    "Are you going to tell them to get out of Cupertino and fire their overpaid staff and move to South Korea to match Samsung structure penny for penny?"

Apple just opened a design center in Taiwan, so it seems that this is a good idea.
    Nov 7, 2013. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment