Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Open Letter To Intel: Stay The Course [View article]
    I doubt that they will, but if they do I'll be sure to let you know!
    Nov 25, 2013. 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    kjurden,

No, you wouldn't be too direct, and no I have never written for Intel, as per my disclosure. I have no business relationships with any of the companies that I write about.
    Nov 25, 2013. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    TakeFive

Listen to Stacy Smith's presentation. Please.
    Nov 25, 2013. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Mispriced By The Market; Shares Have Upside To Nearly $80 [View article]
    Non-GAAP is nonsense. You can't just exclude stock based comp and say you're making a ton of money.
    Nov 25, 2013. 08:59 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    Ah, sharikou, here to make more predictions like you did back in the Conroe days?

Go ahead, tell me how Conroe's superior performance was all fake ;-)
    Nov 25, 2013. 12:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: What You Need To Know [View article]
    David Muncier,

The key is 1D routing...you can scale M1 pitch much lower with double patterning with gridded design rules (40nm is the limit I believe) ;-)
    Nov 24, 2013. 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    Justin,

(This will be my last post in this thread - after this, please send me PMs)

I think Feldman is a good guy and I'd believe what he has to say. That being said, I don't know why Extremetech would publish what they did...where there is smoke, there is fire.
    Nov 24, 2013. 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    Yeah, $53B/yr in sales and $10B+ in net income per year is real behind.

You realize this is an investment site, not AMDZone, where Intel is allegedly doomed, right?
    Nov 24, 2013. 11:23 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    Justin

"Next year AMD and other ARMH vendors will be going after Intel's Datacenter revenues"

Good luck to them, but they're really going to need it.
    Nov 24, 2013. 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    LOL, you really think AMD's processors are watt-sucking lackluster performers because Intel has better compilers? Yikes...this thread is becoming AMDZone.

ICC barely provides a 5% speedup in integer code over GCC in Geekbench and only provides a 29% boost because it properly vectorizes a few FP workloads that GCC utterly failed at for X86.

Sorry, but you're going to have to accept Intel's MPUs are just faster, and not simply because of "compiler tricks".
    Nov 24, 2013. 10:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    derekK,

Yes, Intel has a viable modem/RF business and is developing very competent applications processors.

You know, sort of like how AMD is developing a semi-custom business. These things take time.
    Nov 24, 2013. 10:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: What You Need To Know [View article]
    "You over publish"

Thanks for telling me how to do my job, but I will submit whatever I would like for publication whenever I'd like. If Seeking Alpha doesn't want to run the piece, then that's their business. But I certainly don't need some random, anonymous poster on SA telling me that I'm not doing my job correctly.

As to the rest of your argument, it is clear that you didn't listen to the investor meeting, so I won't bother responding.
    Nov 24, 2013. 10:23 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: What You Need To Know [View article]
    Thank you, Rembow!
    Nov 24, 2013. 09:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    John

Altera, Microsemi, Achronix, and many more. Also, Intel's mobile and data-center businesses are growing nicely.
    Nov 24, 2013. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Turns The Screws On AMD [View article]
    Stephen

You do realize that half of AMD's business is now at both secular and competitive risk, correct? I don't know about you, but I think half is a lot.
    Nov 24, 2013. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment