Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    Thanks, LTISteve. My money's on Intel, too :-)
    Oct 2 12:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taiwan Semiconductor Looks Undervalued Ahead Of Key Drivers [View article]
    Alexander,

Oct 2 12:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    "" At some point over the next ten years, if not before, there will be fewer royalties generated from CDMA and GSM and related systems, as service providers adopt LTE and variants as their main data communications system"

Qualcomm still gets royalties from LTE. Still "never ending".
    Oct 2 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    >> Do you feel that INTC will challenge QCOM in China with the same ferocity as in the U.S. and Europe?

I don't think at the very low end where QCOM is competing with the likes of MediaTek, Allwinner, etc. with off-the-shelf Cortex A7 based designs, although I could be wrong.

Thank you for commenting. Let me know if you've got any more questions.
    Oct 2 08:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    Thank you, Justin!
    Oct 2 08:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    Vickg,

Samsung has been designing its own SoCs for years now. So, no, it's not "bad news for Intel".

But you know who it's bad news for? Qualcomm, which powers many of Samsung's flagship designs. If Samsung succeeds in developing its own modems and apps processors that are better than Qualcomm's, then guess who loses lots of revenue?

But that's just it...Samsung won't use its own design if Qualcomm's is better/offers more features...and let's just say that Samsung's SoCs so far haven't really been great. It's up to Intel to make better chips than Samsung's own team can. If it can do so, then it can displace Qualcomm and Samsung from Samsung sockets. If not, then it doesn't.
    Oct 2 08:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Insane Apple Advantage [View article]
    Paulo,

Thank you, sir. Very high praise coming from one of my favorite authors :-)
    Oct 2 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Insane Apple Advantage [View article]
    Great observation, Paulo. Always these nice, short, and powerful pieces with you...please keep them coming.
    Oct 2 08:05 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    I addressed this in another article. Seriously, troll elsewhere.
    Oct 2 07:58 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Violin Memory Looks Like A Short [View article]
    stocks3066,

Do you have a counterargument to anything I wrote, or are you just another internet troll?
    Oct 2 07:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Now The Fun Begins [View article]
    I think Foundry doesn't really start showing up in the numbers until late 2014/early 2015, so I'll play it safe (for now) and keep it out of the estimates. If I'm wrong, then this just means more upside to the estimates and an even higher SP :-)
    Oct 2 07:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Qualcomm Makes Life Tough, Samsung Makes It Tougher [View article]
    Moorefield will be a 22nm part, Morganfield is 14nm.
    Oct 2 06:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    My thoughts exactly.
    Oct 2 01:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung smartwatch reviews critical; Apple working on flexible OLEDs? [View news story]
    You do realize that I own substantial positions in INTC, BRCM, and NVDA, right?
    Oct 2 01:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, Victor. I agree that Apple's consumer products are vastly superior to Samsung's (and as an Intel investor, Samsung is probably just as much a problem for me as it is for the Apple longs), but I would certainly not dismiss Samsung's prowess, even if their products lack the Apple-esque "innovation".
    Oct 2 01:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment