Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Violin Memory Looks Like A Short [View article]
    Thanks, Greg!
    Oct 1 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will More Good Data From Lexicon Finally Bring In A Partner? [View article]
    DAG1996,

I've made a career of it and I can confirm that, yes, it is very bad for sleep habits :P
    Oct 1 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung smartwatch reviews critical; Apple working on flexible OLEDs? [View news story]
    How about, giant electronics conglomerate that controls every part of the BoM for these mobile devices from screens to DRAM to semiconductor manufacturing?
    Oct 1 08:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix flies higher as Icahn ponders his windfall [View news story]
    A $23B company that is essentially Blockbuster over Ethernet/Wi-Fi.
    Oct 1 08:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Next 5 Years Will Be Better Than The Last 5 [View article]
    Alex,

I don't hate you. I'm just a little perturbed at some of the things you say sometimes. I think you could be more humble, but other than that, I've no real problem with you. Big, big difference.
    Oct 1 08:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Violin Memory Looks Like A Short [View article]
    Cash or stock, either way it comes out of Investors' pockets either via dilution or negative cash flow.
    Oct 1 07:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will More Good Data From Lexicon Finally Bring In A Partner? [View article]
    @ DAG1996,

Your wit might even rival that of Stephen's. I'm impressed :-)
    Oct 1 07:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    I never said that it would. I just said *IF* that hypothetical scenario happened (that was presented by a previous poster), a buyback wouldn't do very much. The share price would lose significant value.
    Oct 1 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    Just going to put this here and then will not be checking back further.

Some of you people need to seriously reevaluate how you interact with people online. I understand that the power of anonymity allows some of you to feel emboldened to launch personal attacks and hurl insults, but really, it's immature and unwarranted.

This is a piece simply pointing out that Apple could, in time, have a better use for its cash pile, and that the security of said pile in the midst of a period of margin compression and sales slowdowns is valuable. It should have been, at worst, a conversation starter with room for friendly disagreement and discussion. Some of you have done a wonderful job, and I applaud that, but others are likely longs taking out their frustration on somebody who chooses to put his thoughts together and publish it.

Well, you'll need to find a new punching bag.
    Oct 1 06:45 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Violin Memory Looks Like A Short [View article]
    >> Furthermore, he is dead wrong about FIO.

I am wrong that Fusion-io is down significantly from its IPO price?
    Oct 1 06:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Violin Memory Looks Like A Short [View article]
    @ KirbyJF1,

OK, that's certainly your prerogative. Care to share what in my analysis you feel is inaccurate?
    Oct 1 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    Did I slam Apple in this article at all?
    Oct 1 06:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Next 5 Years Will Be Better Than The Last 5 [View article]
    @ fauxscot

Do note that I don't refer to myself as "world class", nor do I take it upon myself to brag.
    Oct 1 06:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    >>Ashraf is biased against Apple

Not at all.

>>Ashraf should stick to writing about Intel where his technical knowledge is most useful.

I write about many stocks.
    Oct 1 03:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Not Give In To Icahn [View article]
    Cut Apple's revenue in half and you will see the share price cut by more than half.
    Oct 1 03:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment