Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nvidia: The Bull Case Becomes Clearer And Stronger, Shares Still Have 40% Upside [View article]
    Thanks, grxbstrd - I'm pretty on board with the long term Nvidia story.
    Aug 15, 2013. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @ Justin

Good catch.
    Aug 15, 2013. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imagination Tech: Recent Drop, MIPS Potential, And Next Generation IP Makes It A Buy [View article]
    Ian,

Yeah, timing was good on this - hoping that somebody made some money here :)

Stay tuned for more articles!
    Aug 14, 2013. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ian,

Thanks for the comment - a great value add to my article (which I hope was itself valuable).
    Aug 13, 2013. 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ian,

Glad you enjoyed it! It was quite a bit in the making :-)
    Aug 13, 2013. 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brad,

The stock hit $3.45 a little while following my article's publication. It has been rebounding since (and this article was published when the shares traded at $3.71).
    Aug 13, 2013. 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Friendly Rejoinder To 'Tesla: Be Ready For A Massive Crash' [View article]
    Nice, well reasoned response. Thanks, Mike!
    Aug 13, 2013. 07:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Why not? X86, like MIPS and ARM, is just an instruction set. Unless, of course you mean the design expertise?
    Aug 13, 2013. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, newbie06. Much appreciated, as always.
    Aug 13, 2013. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    etclet,

Computer science grad actually. Used the "light" edition for H&P (Computer Organization & Design) for my first comp arch class, then the real thing for my grad level class :)
    Aug 13, 2013. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    newbie06,

You're welcome!

1. I didn't see this but I do not doubt that you are correct - I'll update the article accordingly.
    2. Absolutely, and this may very well be for the networking space, although something tells me that CAVM is trying to play in the microserver space with ARMv8 while Broadcom may be trying to do its own custom core for smartphones/tabs. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Aug 13, 2013. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @ Clayton

I see I did mention BRCM, but for some reason I didn't see it when tagging secondary tickers. I have submitted a disclosure update.
    Aug 13, 2013. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, Imagination dropped by almost exactly what I had predicted (I called for 33% drop, but it lost 28%...pretty on-target). Now I am turning positive as I believe that with the downside target achieved, the risk (and the focus) will now turn to the upside.

If you actually read the article, you would see that I acknowledged this. Anybody who is not flexible enough to change views when the price becomes better and/or the story is about to improve is doing themselves a disservice.
    Aug 13, 2013. 11:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nope, but didn't tag BRCM hence no disclosure. Still very much long the name.
    Aug 13, 2013. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altera: 20-40% Upside As Intel Foundry Deal Drives Market Share Gains And Sentiment [View article]
    " I can tell you from first hand experience that TSMC 28nm SRAMs developed by the major chip companies are very competitive to the Intel 22nm SRAM density you cut and pasted. "

Yeah, I also "cut and pasted" what TSMC was touting, too. But, hey, if the numbers favor TSMC, they're legit, and if they favor Intel, then you call shenanigans, right? ;)
    Aug 12, 2013. 10:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment