Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Already Planning Its Next Chess Move In Mobile Market Even As Baytrail Reaches Take-Off [View article]
    "According to Digitimes, Intel will launch 2 new 14 nm Atom platforms in 2014. "

I believe Digitimes may not be reporting things correctly. Intel would not launch (as in, devices on the shelves) Cherry Trail and then obsolete it 3 months later with Willow Trail.

It is more likely that Intel will sample Willow Trail to partners in Q4 2014, and then get devices out at the high end during Q2 2015 which will push down Cherry Trail into the low end (since the die size will be smaller).

Or Willow Trail will just be the "high end Atom" and then Cherry Trail will be the low end, but I doubt it.
    Aug 22, 2013. 04:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Makes Significant LTE Progress [View article]
    Aug 22, 2013. 04:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    I don't think Velti's management is committing fraud, I just think they're incompetent.
    Aug 22, 2013. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Makes Significant LTE Progress [View article]
    tporter83,

That number is not correct. Intel spends about 2.5X what Qualcomm does on R&D.
    Aug 22, 2013. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    Yes, a good chunk of the net loss was due the one time write down of the Greek/Cypriot ARs.
    Aug 22, 2013. 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Xumanii Now Next To Worthless, Investors Should Continue To Avoid It [View article]
    "Please include accurate substantiations this time. I still have found no valid argument."

Then load up.
    Aug 22, 2013. 01:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    Just how was my PXLW piece "misleading"? I very carefully cited my facts.
    Aug 22, 2013. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Eagle's Crash Landing [View article]
    Nice article, Vince. Thanks!
    Aug 22, 2013. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: A High-Growth, Low-Priced Winner? [View article]
    Well, not really, considering that anybody who listened to you is now down 66%.
    Aug 22, 2013. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    Heh, I was such a contrarian indicator at $2, when I made that StockTalk post, right? :-)

Anyway, feel free to blow your money away on a clearly dying business, but I would like at the very least my followers to not get suckered in by this very poorly run company.

BTW, I went negative (and sold out of) OCZ at $5 when things started looking ugly. Do note that following my initial recommendation @ $5, the stock did go to $8-9, albeit on a BS buyout rumor.

Also, do note that a bad call on one stock when I write about nearly 70 tickers, seems to be overstating the issue a bit :-)
    Aug 22, 2013. 11:45 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Where in the article did I actually call it a fraud? I just called it exactly as I see it - as a worthless pump and dump with no real product, no revenue generation, and certainly not enough money to fund the R&D, server space, and bandwidth required to do what the company claims to do.

Also keep in mind that even if this were "real", the business itself would likely be worthless. What does what "Xumanii" offers (alleged streaming of videos for free) that one cannot get on YouTube for free?

Again, if you can show me that Xumanii could actually afford to develop anything beyond a poorly designed website, then I'd be happy to review this, but the evidence is pretty clearly in favor of my thesis that this is nothing but a stock scam.
    Aug 22, 2013. 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    Not smug...just have been on the other side of this trade before, and it isn't pretty at all.
    Aug 22, 2013. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Velti: Next Stop, $0 [View article]
    Likely no effect, and certainly no way that anybody is going to get anything close to pennies on the dollar even if the litigation succeeds.
    Aug 22, 2013. 10:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom: Unloved And Undervalued, Shares Have 30% Near-Term Upside [View article]
    Agreed. I have been adding on the way down and now have quite a nice position. While there are no guarantees, I fully expect to be handsomely rewarded come year's end.
    Aug 22, 2013. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment