Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: What If PC Units Did A U-Turn In The First Quarter? [View article]
    rko2000

Nah, it's just if you truly believed what you say you'd be short Intel. Actions speak louder than words.
    Apr 5 03:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Yes To Smartwatch [View article]
    "The Edison did NOT have high resolution bit mapped graphics. Edison was a throwback to DOS and character cell displays, like DEC VT-100s."

LOL, are you serious?

What use are "high resolution bit-mapped graphics" for what is essentially an embedded micro-controller?
    Apr 4 03:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    "Funny how readers bash authors for not disclosing trades and positions then turn around and bash when they do."

SA authors are required to disclose their positions.
    Apr 4 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Q2 Results Are Likely To Disappoint [View article]
    "I am long Apple due to I like companies who make money."

Lots of companies make money. That's no reason to be long.
    Apr 4 10:27 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Q2 Results Are Likely To Disappoint [View article]
    That comparison is completely useless, Michael.

An octa-core MediaTek A7 based chip will "look" better based on that comparison, but reality is different.

Also, 805 is in no shipping devices atm and honestly looks like too much of a power hog to fit into a slim 4" phone.
    Apr 4 10:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: What If PC Units Did A U-Turn In The First Quarter? [View article]
    "This is the obvious and prevailing trend. It's not a good idea to argue with the reality."

Then short Intel. If you believe this so strongly, then by all means, log into your brokerage account and short to your heart's content! It's a very liquid stock, so you should have no problem finding a borrow ;-)
    Apr 4 10:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Yes To Smartwatch [View article]
    But I thought Office for iPad was toxic to Intel and that it was time to abandon ship? ;-)

I think that smartwatches in themselves won't move the needle for Intel. Even if the market for smartwatches turns out to be 5 billion units, the silicon content is what...$0.50/pc?

The PC and server markets are what move the needle today. Someday, tablets & phones will move the needle (think 2015+), but not today.

JMHO.
    Apr 4 09:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After 25% Pullback, Lenovo Looks Extremely Interesting [View article]
    TakeFive,

I'm glad to hear that you hopped on the Imagination train! It's been a really good pick so far!
    Apr 4 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After 25% Pullback, Lenovo Looks Extremely Interesting [View article]
    PCs are a very low margin business; that's why volumes are so important.
    Apr 3 11:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    "I disagree. Being correct, right, spot on, with actionable information is EVERYTHING to SA readers."

As long as it's negative on Intel, it's correct, isn't it, investingInvestor?
    Apr 3 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    I am not reacting to the fact that you sold Intel - I don't care whether you are bullish/bearish.

If you had been telling us to short Intel, were short Intel, and told us you'd "short on pops" only to announce that you'd covered just a week later on no news, I'd be just as skeptical.

If you're trading the stock and not investing in it, that's fine, just tell it like it is - you saw a swing trading opportunity, made some money, and everyone's happy. But disclosing this, rather than acting as though you were in it for the long-term thesis, helps people understand where you're coming from and avoids the backlash that you're getting now.

When I used to write about BlackBerry, I was upfront that I was just trading news-flow and didn't care about the company's long-term prospects (this isn't a sin). Just keep this in mind for the future, as there are people who really do "follow" authors into positions.
    Apr 3 09:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    My guess is that they are using the "-Trail" suffixes for tablet parts only and the PC Atoms, instead of being calld "-Trail-D/M" will get their own code-names.
    Apr 3 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Technology beats by $0.09, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Stock has risen by 5x from the low and people wonder why a "beat" isn't followed by a massive rise? ;-)
    Apr 3 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    @ QTR

There is nothing in this article that hasn't been widely known for a while. It is clear that you simply didn't do your proper DD before your initial purchase and only after buying the stock did you do your homework and realized just *why* the shares are so cheap ;-)
    Apr 3 03:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold All Of My Intel Shares This Week [View article]
    nicholas davout

The facts didn't change between Mar. 19 and Apr. 3.
    Apr 3 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment