Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: Reinvented PC Is Here [View article]
    Pimust,

I generally agree, but the stuff I've seen with Broadwell-Y/Core M is looking very compelling and more in-line with the vision that the company has been trying to sell.

Oct 13 12:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Reinvented PC Is Here [View article]
    Bruce

"We will need to patiently wait to see when Samsung delivers products with their version of 14 nm."

Samsung says it will be ramping internal 14nm parts during 1H 2015, and foundry 14nm parts during 2H 2015.

Don't know what their definitions of "ramp" are, but that's the knowledge that is in the public domain so far.

Oct 12 11:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Reinvented PC Is Here [View article]
    Ideal

Yes, but there needs to be evidence that this will actually materialize. Right now, I have a set of assumptions that get me to that approx. $4/share level, but there are a lot of things that could "go wrong" there.

For this to work out, I need continued double digit DCG group, low single digit PC growth, and a mobile group that's *at least* break-even.

Do I think there's a good shot of that happening? Yes. However, I wouldn't expect that value to materialize for quite some time.

Oct 12 11:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microchip Technology: CEO Flubs A Warning Announcement [View article]
    Thanks, RSA!
    Oct 12 10:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Reinvented PC Is Here [View article]
    @ Bruce

I think INTC's LT earnings power is somewhere close to $4/share, and near peak earnings, stocks usually see multiple compression.

At $3 EPS, I would expect the stock to trade for somewhere between 13 and 15 times TTM earnings, which suggests a share price of between $39 and $45.

Oct 12 09:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: My Guess On Earnings [View article]
    Better touch enabled app ecosystem. Thinner, lighter, and for many users, easier to use.

Oct 12 06:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: My Guess On Earnings [View article]
    AMD's chips are uncompetitive in mobile power envelopes.

Apple would be sentencing its products to mediocrity if it chose an AMD APU.

Oct 12 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Reinvented PC Is Here [View article]
    Bruce,

I don't think that Apple will do a Core M based convertible after Tim Cook outright slammed the idea ;-)

Also, it's going to take a lot to get INTC to $50. I think it'll happen over the next few years, but by the end of this year? Seriously doubt it. $70 by EOY 2015 would require some pretty serious and unexpected growth that I just don't see.

Oct 12 05:53 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microchip Technology: CEO Flubs A Warning Announcement [View article]
    It also sounds a lot like "market manipulation," which if I'm not mistaken is illegal.
    Oct 12 04:39 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies: Potential Value To Current Shareholders Is Still Murky At Best [View article]
    "He's getting paid for each click. So, if you don't want to keep rewarding him, stop reading his articles."

I don't believe that's correct. This article does not have "author payment" under the article details which means that it was submitted as a "regular" article and not a premium one.

Oct 11 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microchip Technology: CEO Flubs A Warning Announcement [View article]
    tuliptown

"If anything, I would be exiting the little semi's and putting money into this semi."

I think that this is a pretty healthy correction in the semis given how well they've performed. That being said, seriously doubt that MCHP missing means much for companies like INTC, QCOM, BRCM, NVDA, etc.

I think this will be an opportunity to pick up quality semiconductor names.

This might be the time to sell the junk and buy the winners that we "missed" on the way up.

Oct 11 09:29 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microchip issues FQ2 warning, thinks industry correction has begun [View news story]
    Chip stocks are going to take a beating tomorrow.

Oct 10 02:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced seeks to wind down sapphire manufacturing ops [View news story]
    Stick a fork in this one. It's done.

Oct 10 12:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced seeks to wind down sapphire manufacturing ops [View news story]
    Probably not a great use of ~$10k...

Oct 9 10:51 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced seeks to wind down sapphire manufacturing ops [View news story]
    @ J Mintzmyer

Completely agree. Apple did nothing wrong.

Oct 9 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment