Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    techy46

"I think Intel 2nd tock on their 14nm tick is very telling since they now know that Atom x3 LTE at 14nm is going to be mid-2016ish."

Late 2016, not mid.

Jul 23, 2015. 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm posts mixed results, guides light, announces job cuts [View news story]
    vector_us

I'm not as pessimistic on the layoffs/restructuring, but I appreciate your views. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Jul 23, 2015. 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Vlad

There are many successful fabless semiconductor companies. Intel's manufacturing advantage hasn't allowed it to even make a dent in the smartphone market in terms of share.

At the end of the day, a chip vendor needs to be able to deliver the right designs (performance, features) at the correct cost structures to win share. Intel's mobile platforms have simply not been able to do this thus far, even with leading edge manufacturing plants and process recipes.

Jul 22, 2015. 10:11 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vector_us

Why do you think Qualcomm is doomed?

Jul 22, 2015. 06:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    Bruce

Are you still holding your position, or have you moved into different INTC options?

Jul 21, 2015. 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is Dead Money In 2015 [View article]
    Bruce

"They have talked a great talk and the potential is there, but the delivery has not followed the talk."

With respect to mobile, so much this.

Jul 21, 2015. 01:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's (INTC) CEO Brian Krzanich on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Nemesis1ism

No, I don't think Intel's 14nm = foundry 10nm. TSMC is projecting a ~2.2x increase in logic density over 16FF+, which should put it nicely ahead of Intel 14nm in terms of density.

Jul 20, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: I Told You To Wait, Now I Am Telling You To Wait Again [View article]
    Only because they pushed out 10nm startup costs due to 10nm delay...

Jul 15, 2015. 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: I Told You To Wait, Now I Am Telling You To Wait Again [View article]
    They lowered full year guide.

That said, it's nowhere near as bad as some have feared, which is why (IMO) the stock is moving up.

Jul 15, 2015. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: I Told You To Wait, Now I Am Telling You To Wait Again [View article]
    I don't get it. You criticize Intel's management and tell investors to wait to see "good results" from management, but at the same time recommend AMD?

Would love to see an article explaining why AMD execs deserve a "free pass" for what has amounted to years of poor execution while Intel, which has been draining the life out of AMD with superior products and much better execution, is so terrible.

Don't get me wrong, Intel is by no means perfect, but I'm just amazed that you think AMD is a better bet.

Jul 13, 2015. 03:21 PM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nintendo CEO Iwata dies at 55 [View news story]
    Dang :(

Jul 13, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    Congratulations David and Eli!

Jul 5, 2015. 12:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: 2016 Will Mark Something Unique [View article]
    geekinasuit

The leaks come from BenchLife, which if I'm not mistaken was founded by former VR-Zone guys. They're legit.

Jul 3, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: 2016 Will Mark Something Unique [View article]
    rav55

"You can not support ANY claim you wrote above regarding AMD release dates with FACTS. There are none available. But why should that get in the way of your fabricating a piece to support your argument."

Sure I can and I have -- repeatedly. Now if you don't believe my analysis of the FAD presentation, here are some official AMD roadmaps that have hit the Web.

Here's AMD's APU roadmap through 2016:

See how AMD is bringing an APU known as "Bristol Ridge" out in 2016? A 28nm, Excavator-based APU?

Here's a slide showing AMD's planned transition to socket FM3:

Notice how "Summit Ridge," the first Zen-based CPU will start kicking in around Q4 2016? Notice also how Raven Ridge (version 1), which is an APU based on Zen, will start kicking in by the end of Q1 2017/early Q2 2017?

Jul 1, 2015. 12:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: 2016 Will Mark Something Unique [View article]
    rav55

"At the end of the day Ashraf your pompous pontifications do not amount to more than a wildassed guess. But the again you know this."

Your "arguments" generally consist of personal attacks against anybody with whom you disagree, particularly around AMD. This is hardly conducive to intelligent discussion.

Jun 30, 2015. 09:02 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment