Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Tesla: Be Ready For A Massive Crash [View article]
    That bombastic tone reminds me of what penny stock promoters tend to say about their "revolutionary" picks, too.

Caveat emptor!
    Aug 12, 2013. 07:42 AM | 45 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Yes, It Will Take Over Tablets [View article]
    valuetrade,

Obviously the bullish message is consistent; I'm not going to flip flop on my long term views without material evidence to suggest that my thesis is wrong.

I write the articles to bring analysis of new data-points to support the long term thesis. Many people enjoy this analysis, and I enjoy writing it, so I provide it.

It costs you nothing to read it. Zero. Zilch. Nada. So why complain when somebody is offering to provide his research - that you can chose not to read, by the way - at no cost to you?

Keep also in mind that I spend my valuable time responding to these comments, again, at no charge to you. Looks like you're getting a pretty good deal, and I'm getting a lot of grief. Are you sure you should be the one complaining?
    Jun 26, 2013. 01:04 PM | 45 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Fabs At The Crossroads [View article]
    "Intel's processes are for its high performance parts, whereas both TSMC's 16FF, and Samsung's 14nm are both geared more for the mobile SoC market. "

Intel has multiple process flavors; it has performance oriented CPU processes and it offers multiple transistor performance/metal stack options for SoCs. This is a point you keep missing in all of your analyses which leads to conclusions that are fundamentally flawed.

--AE
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:09 AM | 44 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Tim Cook's Brilliant Move [View article]
    Riiiight....:-)
    Feb 7, 2014. 10:12 AM | 44 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies: The Bankruptcy Shocker [View article]
    "Thanks for the money!"

--AE
    Oct 6, 2014. 11:37 AM | 41 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's New 64-Bit ARM A7 Chip Is Absolutely Amazing [View article]
    LOL! It's ironic because I'm pretty sure I have a reputation for being an "Apple basher".

No, just providing information that I feel could be helpful to investors.
    Sep 18, 2013. 04:44 AM | 39 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apps Won't Save Apple [View article]
    Samsung does NOT have the best mobile devices.
    Dec 28, 2013. 11:37 AM | 37 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bye-Bye BlackBerry: What Will Make BB10 Fail [View article]
    You really hate BlackBerry, heh.
    Feb 15, 2013. 09:49 AM | 31 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • John Chen's First Mistake [View article]
    You'd short BBRY because they're not porting to Windows Phone? Interesting.
    Jan 23, 2014. 10:30 AM | 30 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Earns Green Light To Double [View article]
    Bruce,

While I more-or-less agree that Intel's earnings power could be ~$4.00/share (read here: http://bit.ly/15RQcIo), I wouldn't dare assign a 25x multiple near "peak earnings" so to speak.

I also think that quite a lot has to go very right in mobile-land to get to that kind of earnings power -- something that more conservative investors should be careful on.

Also be very careful in assuming "device sales doubling" could "double revenue." Many of the incremental opportunities that Intel can go for have a per-chip revenue far lower than those from the core PC and server businesses.

That said, Intel's business has a lot of very "easy" operating leverage built in (i.e. make mobile break-even), so I expect earnings to grow faster than revenue.

At any rate, nice article.

--AE
    Sep 14, 2014. 09:41 AM | 26 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Its Own Worst Enemy [View article]
    Galaxy S4 is...junk compared to the iPhone 5S.
    Nov 19, 2013. 02:36 AM | 25 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Outguns Intel [View article]
    I think he was being EXTREMELY sarcastic.
    Feb 27, 2014. 10:16 PM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Haswell: The Must Read Guide [View article]
    You should actually read my articles and you'll find my answers to these questions. My time is worth a considerable amount, and I don't like doing the same work more than once.

I do not believe you have even read any of my coverage of Haswell, Baytrail, Merrifield, and the opportunities ahead. Reading the articles will do you a lot more good and make you sound a lot more educated than simply responding to a headline.

I will respond to no further posts from you until it is clear that you are responding to arguments and not simply trolling pro-Intel views.
    Jun 2, 2013. 02:53 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: How Low Can It Go? [View article]
    No apology needed; you didn't have any insider knowledge, so how could you have known?
    Jul 2, 2013. 03:09 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Investors Take Note - Samsung And Xiaomi Are On The Attack [View article]
    It'll be very interesting to see if the GS6 will be able to take back share from iPhone 6. It should be impressive on paper, but the GS5 was too, and the "lowly" iPhone 5s (tiny screen and all) outsold it.

We'll see over the next 3-6 months :)

--AE