Ashraf Eassa

View Ashraf Eassa's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Tesla: Be Ready For A Massive Crash [View article]
    That bombastic tone reminds me of what penny stock promoters tend to say about their "revolutionary" picks, too.

Caveat emptor!
    Aug 12 07:42 AM | 45 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Yes, It Will Take Over Tablets [View article]
    valuetrade,

Obviously the bullish message is consistent; I'm not going to flip flop on my long term views without material evidence to suggest that my thesis is wrong.

I write the articles to bring analysis of new data-points to support the long term thesis. Many people enjoy this analysis, and I enjoy writing it, so I provide it.

It costs you nothing to read it. Zero. Zilch. Nada. So why complain when somebody is offering to provide his research - that you can chose not to read, by the way - at no cost to you?

Keep also in mind that I spend my valuable time responding to these comments, again, at no charge to you. Looks like you're getting a pretty good deal, and I'm getting a lot of grief. Are you sure you should be the one complaining?
    Jun 26 01:04 PM | 45 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Tim Cook's Brilliant Move [View article]
    Riiiight....:-)
    Feb 7 10:12 AM | 44 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's New 64-Bit ARM A7 Chip Is Absolutely Amazing [View article]
    LOL! It's ironic because I'm pretty sure I have a reputation for being an "Apple basher".

No, just providing information that I feel could be helpful to investors.
    Sep 18 04:44 AM | 39 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apps Won't Save Apple [View article]
    Samsung does NOT have the best mobile devices.
    Dec 28 11:37 AM | 37 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bye-Bye BlackBerry: What Will Make BB10 Fail [View article]
    You really hate BlackBerry, heh.
    Feb 15 09:49 AM | 31 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • John Chen's First Mistake [View article]
    You'd short BBRY because they're not porting to Windows Phone? Interesting.
    Jan 23 10:30 AM | 30 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Outguns Intel [View article]
    I think he was being EXTREMELY sarcastic.
    Feb 27 10:16 PM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Its Own Worst Enemy [View article]
    Galaxy S4 is...junk compared to the iPhone 5S.
    Nov 19 02:36 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Haswell: The Must Read Guide [View article]
    You should actually read my articles and you'll find my answers to these questions. My time is worth a considerable amount, and I don't like doing the same work more than once.

I do not believe you have even read any of my coverage of Haswell, Baytrail, Merrifield, and the opportunities ahead. Reading the articles will do you a lot more good and make you sound a lot more educated than simply responding to a headline.

I will respond to no further posts from you until it is clear that you are responding to arguments and not simply trolling pro-Intel views.
    Jun 2 02:53 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: How Low Can It Go? [View article]
    No apology needed; you didn't have any insider knowledge, so how could you have known?
    Jul 2 03:09 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Outguns Intel [View article]
    Apple is the best in the business at phone SoCs. This is because they make the world's best phones, so they know what the silicon needs to power it.

Intel needs to get input from powerful phone players in the design of its own chips. This is the only way they will succeed, and this is why QCOM succeeds. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. tells QCOM what it wants and QCOM gets cracking. Intel needs one of these to guide Intel's designs.
    Feb 27 10:06 PM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Be Ready For A Massive Crash [View article]
    Ever buy a smartphone? lol
    Aug 12 09:03 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Yes, It Will Take Over Tablets [View article]
    I wasn't aware that I had provided an analysis of this little-known data point before. Perhaps if you actually read the article, you may understand why this was an important point worth making.
    Jun 26 12:47 PM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Remains A Good Short [View article]
    "The Apple fans will be shrieking with delight and may choose to conveniently ignore the tom-tom drums signaling that carrier subsidies may go the way of dodo birds meaning iPhone owners might have to shell out the full $600 or more for a new iPhone."

No. The carriers get their full price...they just bake it into the plan.
    Jan 10 01:11 AM | 21 Likes Like |Link to Comment