Asia Stock Tracker

View Asia Stock Tracker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The9 Scored A Spectacular Deal And Is Poised For A Turnaround [View article]
    Very poor report, IMO. Yes, they ended the year in cash but that cash will only last for one year (9 months from now on).

And the loyalty fee from Joint-venture was overstated in the first announcement. It was "System Link Limited will pay to Red 5 Singapore at least US$160 million including license fee and royalties during the contract period." in the first PR but in this annual report, they changed word to " is expected to pay at leat US$160 million". Big difference in my opinion.

The $20 million investment from Shanghai Oriental to Red5 turns out to be a temporary equity (more like a secured loan) if you read the annual report.This is very bad.

And management still keep silent after 20-F. They do not keep their promise reporting to investor.

My assumption in the article are all invalid at this point.
    Apr 1, 2015. 01:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Homex Restructuring Promises Big Returns For Early Investors, With Gains Of 30%-500% [View article]
    Why the sell-off in the recent days? The news is looking good .They got 500 million peso financing
    Jan 28, 2015. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lentuo International Update - Chairman And CEO To Make $1 Million Purchase In Open Market And Other Developments [View article]
    Thanks for your reply. I knew that it is very frustrating to have 100-share dumb at the end of session. Same thing happened to NCTY , one of my core position right now.
    Jan 26, 2015. 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    All of these Chinese micro caps are trading at historical low. They are all even lower than the period of short attacks a couple of years ago. Don't know why. Can it be the policy of US-based funds to not investing in this sector anymore ?
    Jan 24, 2015. 07:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The9 Scored A Spectacular Deal And Is Poised For A Turnaround [View article]
    Jtech, the result is awful but it is better than my expectation. The loss is a lot less than last year.That's why the share price didn't go down much on Firefay. I spoke with the IR , the H1-2014 balance sheet is not included $20 million cash from Shanghai Oriental Pearl because the deal was closed in August. Firefall should be released in China very soon because they recently placed Firefall's sculpture at Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai. I expect it to no later than Feb or March.

I think the bleed is due to loss-selling tax at year end. I don't think Funbox will contribute that much to NCTY .It is small JV. I think management has not given up yet. If they want to give up ,it would be done since the WoW day. They spend much money into the company and Red5 . And they brought in Shanghai Oriental Pearl Group (OPG) to join their game. OPG is the stated-owned enterprise , if they make the state loss money, they can get jailed also . So I think they have a confident that this game will be successful in China. And Qihoo's $160 million is real . Only this deal alone worth more than entire market capitalization.
    Dec 27, 2014. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The9 Scored A Spectacular Deal And Is Poised For A Turnaround [View article]
    John , what do you think about the current state of Firefall ?
    Nov 1, 2014. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The9 Scored A Spectacular Deal And Is Poised For A Turnaround [View article]
    I fully agree
    Nov 1, 2014. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The9 Scored A Spectacular Deal And Is Poised For A Turnaround [View article]
    Mark Kern is the last founders to leave R5. What I read from the article about him is not so positive.You can google to read it yourself. For the current state for Firefall, looks like it is not so good. But my investment thesis is mainly focus on the licensing deal and the hidden assets in balance sheet. We have margin of safety at this price and any good news will translate to the upside.

The coming good news could be the licensing deals in South Korea, Japan and SEA ( already signed with Garena but no news since 2011)

Check at http://bit.ly/12qgDum
    I think Firefall will be released in China very soon and should be positive for NCTY's share.
    Oct 24, 2014. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KLab: An Undervalued Japanese Mobile Gaming Stock [View article]
    Thanks for the file ,Larry.
    The upside is around 30% from this price level. Do you think it is still a worthwhile investment ?
    Jun 4, 2014. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KLab: An Undervalued Japanese Mobile Gaming Stock [View article]
    Great article. I am playing School Idol but too bad I missed the recent run because I decided to wait for English report of the last Q before buying and the share price has moved big since then.

What about Voltage Inc. (3639.jp) ? P/S is lower than 1 and they have more hit apps in the appstore (interactive novel app)
    Jun 3, 2014. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Awilco Is Not A Slam-Dunk Investment [View article]
    TID,
    You are absolutely right. The tender drilling rig has a utility life of around 30+ years. Mermaid Maritime (MMT:SP) owns 2 driling rigs which are 30-31 year old. It has just finished share-offering and some of the proceed will be use to build new drilling rig to replace of the older one. Anyone interested please take a look here-> http://bit.ly/1aN7Fnq

The profitability of the drilling rigs in North Sea are better than the region that Mermaid operates in due to tropical storm in Asia.
    Oct 27, 2013. 12:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Robert Downey Jr. Can Teach Us About Dell; The9 Underwhelms [View article]
    I totally agree. Firefall is fun to play and very well crafted online game
    Oct 6, 2013. 02:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mecox Lane Offers Super Cheap Opportunity To Invest With Sina And eBay Partnership [View article]
    You should read the press release carefully .
    SINA and DongXiang bought the shares from "Sequoia" . So the cash went directly to Sequoia not MCOX's balance sheet.
    Apr 5, 2013. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There were a 2 SC 13G fillings from Sina and DongXiang transaction back in March 2011 to US SEC

And this is a press release from Sina

SINA also put the transaction detail in 2010 20-F ,which was released after the transaction date in 2011 . And they took an impairment charge for MCOX in 2011 20-F.
    Apr 5, 2013. 01:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    VVUS ? Are you kidding me ?

My long thesis for MCOX is not based on growth. But I am long because I believe the downside is limit and the market pay zero attention to the JV with Giosis. You can look at BITA , the share price got a boost when they announced an investment from AutoTrader Group.
    Mar 22, 2013. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment