Asif Suria

View Asif Suria's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - December 8, 2014 [View article]
    Yes Stan, we have closed subscriptions to the Insider Trading service pending upgrades. We are in the process of building out a new site and service. The goal is to launch the new site in January 2015 and the new service by Q2 2015. If you are interested, I will send you an email when the site is ready.
    Dec 9, 2014. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: SFX Entertainment, Twenty-First Century Fox [View article]
    You are welcome. I haven't followed PSEC but I do see consistent and often large purchases by insiders of the company.

Dec 7, 2014. 11:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - November 24, 2014 [View article]
    Thank you. I did not realize the deal descriptions were not getting included when these articles were posted on Seeking Alpha. I'll reach out to the editors to see if they can change the format.
    Nov 24, 2014. 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - November 24, 2014 [View article]
    Thank you. If I do find a deal interesting, I will try to write a post about it in the future.

Spreads on deals have narrowed so much in recent years that few interesting opportunities come up. Hence my focus recently has been on insider transactions.
    Nov 24, 2014. 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - November 24, 2014 [View article]
    You are right. The deal as we have entered it does undervalue the deal because of the spin-off of certain assets before TRGP acquires ATLS. We did mention this in the post on Oct 20 but I will also make sure we include it in the deal description.

Any idea about the value of these assets that will be spun-off prior to the completion of the deal?
    Nov 24, 2014. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - November 24, 2014 [View article]
    Thank you Stan. I appreciate the kind words. It does take us some time to collect, organize and publish this information every week.

Regarding SWY, I got in a while ago before they spun-off their gift cards business Blackhawk Networks. The spread on the merger did narrow after that spin-off.

The remaining value also includes $3.65 in contingent value rights (CVRs) related to real estate and a Mexican chain. Since CVRs often trade at a discount, I agree with you that the spread has likely peaked.

I am just letting the position run its course in my portfolio.

Nov 24, 2014. 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: AGCO Corporation, Microsoft Corporation [View article]
    A good question. Options related purchases are specified as such in the filings and we don't include them.
    Nov 6, 2014. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - November 3, 2014 [View article]
    You are right. This was a mistake that we identified right before publishing last night but it looks like it did not get fixed.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Nov 3, 2014. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: AGCO Corporation, Iron Mountain [View article]
    TAFE has been buying AGCO shares for some time now and it is not readily evident to me as to why they are doing this. The odd thing is that AGCO also owns a stake in TAFE.

This article from last year has some additional information: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 8, 2014. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: AGCO Corporation, Iron Mountain [View article]
    She joined the board in May and those purchases occurred shortly thereafter on June 2nd.

We have seen new directors often buy shares shortly after joining the board and don't believe those types of purchases offer much of a signal.

Quite clearly, in this case, the purchase was not well timed.
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Miller Energy, Cisco Systems [View article]
    I agree. There were very few insider purchases this week that looked interesting but TEP did catch my eye.
    Sep 21, 2014. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - September 15, 2014 [View article]
    Thank you John. I see that you have continued to remain active with the 13F filings. I'll reach out to you directly soon.
    Sep 15, 2014. 12:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Cousins Properties, GrubHub [View article]
    You are right. That was a typo and I have submitted a correction to SA. Thank you for mentioning it.
    Sep 9, 2014. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells- Priceline, Southern Copper Corp. [View article]
    After a multi-year run up, I am not as surprised by the recent drop. Insiders have been consistently selling for years just like insiders of Google and Facebook have been selling week after week.

Overall I don't see insider selling as a strong signal unless a cluster of insiders are selling consistently even as the stock is dropping.
    Aug 29, 2014. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chegg: Read Now, Buy Later [View article]
    I am glad someone brought this up. Depreciation is not a choice the company has under GAAP. As Peter mentioned they have some control over how they choose to depreciate.
    Nov 25, 2013. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment