Asif Suria

View Asif Suria's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chegg: Read Now, Buy Later [View article]
    I am glad someone brought this up. Depreciation is not a choice the company has under GAAP. As Peter mentioned they have some control over how they choose to depreciate.
    Nov 25 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Best Days Are Yet To Come [View article]
    I am on iPhone 5. Maybe it was my accent. Maybe "Bart" is not a common enough word. I agree with others that it is going to take some time for Siri to get to the point where I can talk to my TV and it will figure out exactly what I am looking for.

Disclosure: Long AAPL.
    Jun 20 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Best Days Are Yet To Come [View article]
    Tried using Siri for the first time this week. I said "Bart station" (the rapid transit train system in the SF Bay Area). Siri responded, can't find Bob in your list of contacts.
    Jun 20 12:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fidelity National Financial: 33% Of The Title Insurance Market At The Cusp Of A Housing Recovery [View article]
    An outstanding article. I looked into the company a couple of years ago when we used them for title insurance and regretted not getting the stock at the same time.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this detailed analysis.
    Apr 19 12:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - May 14, 2012 [View article]
    Was that $3 tender offer accepted by the company and shareholders? Why is it trading for nearly half the offer price. There is very little information about this offer, if it exists.
    Aug 2 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Since the Court upheld Obamacare, small business owners have gone from denial to outright anger. Many entrepreneurs are focusing on figuring out what moves they can make to gum up the works and prove healthcare reform was a bad idea and offer a case study on why it will fail. Some of the top threats: Firing workers instead of hiring, stop providing health insurance altogether and pay the $2K penalty, or even going so far as to shutter their businesses.  [View news story]
    I am glad some businessmen brought this up. That comment made no sense.
    Jul 17 09:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Buyout Offer! Now What? [View article]
    Frank, I don't see how my reporting on all active deals with their spreads in the weekly Merger Arbitrage group of articles could be interpreted as "touting" a specific deal.
    Jun 25 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Netflix Buys And NVR Sales [View article]
    I appreciate your kind words deercreekvols.
    May 20 06:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google (GOOG) is reportedly planning a major overhaul of its Android strategy. Instead of partnering to build a handful of devices via its Nexus line, Google will now partner with up to 5 OEMs at once on hardware sold directly to consumers. Google's objectives: create no-compromise Android gear to better compete with the iPhone (AAPL), limit OS fragmentation, prevent carriers from modifying Android devices for their own ends, and soothe partner fears related to the MMI acquisition. (earlier)  [View news story]
    About time. Android has been buggy for way too long.
    May 15 11:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays: May 7, 2012 [View article]
    Thank you arb_trader. Glad to have you as a follower. You are right that including those data points in the table would be challenging on account of space constraints both on SA and my website. We will look into including them in the details section as I see the value of including that information.
    May 12 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Opko Health, Limited Brands [View article]
    I completely agree with you and hence have stayed away from the Harold Simmons' group of companies. I did put in some work to understand the various entities he owns and their relationships while writing a focus article on KRO for subscribers. Let me know if you would like to read it and I will forward it to you.
    May 7 01:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Opko Health, Toll Brothers [View article]
    Dr. Frost has indeed been buying shares of $OPK on a weekly basis as you indicated and has been a frequent buyer of $LTS and $PBTH from time to time. You can see all his transactions across several companies here,

That said, $OPK has more than doubled over the last two years despite posting operating losses quarter after quarter. The company appears to be housed in the former Ivax building. If you recollect, Ivax was the company Dr. Frost sold to $TEVA and he is now the Chairman of $TEVA.
    May 1 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays - April 30, 2012 [View article]
    Thank you. It is always good to hear someone is finding this information useful.
    May 1 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Buys And Sells: Opko Health, Toll Brothers [View article]
    Thank you for the kind words SteveA. We have a column on our website that shows the total shares remaining after each transaction and you can see it for Toll Brothers here,

This is one of the reasons we include a link to all insider transactions for each company in the post. We also compute the percentage change on the total holdings on the buy side when possible. The primary challenge with doing this lies with the fact that often insiders hold stock directly as well as through various entities like trusts, retirement plans, etc.
    Apr 30 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Mondays: April 23, 2012 [View article]
    You are right that three of them show closing dates of 12/31/2069 because those dates were not entered correctly in the database. Thanks for point it out. We will fix them.
    Apr 24 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment