Asif Suria

View Asif Suria's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple's Best Days Are Yet To Come [View article]
    I am on iPhone 5. Maybe it was my accent. Maybe "Bart" is not a common enough word. I agree with others that it is going to take some time for Siri to get to the point where I can talk to my TV and it will figure out exactly what I am looking for.

Disclosure: Long AAPL.
    Jun 20 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Best Days Are Yet To Come [View article]
    Tried using Siri for the first time this week. I said "Bart station" (the rapid transit train system in the SF Bay Area). Siri responded, can't find Bob in your list of contacts.
    Jun 20 12:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Christmas Comes Early to Apple Investors [View article]
    I am curious about how you got to $43/share. I used the balance sheet numbers they released along with earnings to come up with $23.155 billion in cash and investments. Total shares outstanding are just under a billion.

Yahoo Finance also reports $27 in cash. I think they are not using the latest numbers but are still close to my $25/share figure.

finance.yahoo.com/q/ks...
    Apr 22 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Christmas Comes Early to Apple Investors [View article]
    @jmmx, I was using a very conservative number for H2 to show that even using those numbers the stock did not look overvalued. Given that analyst estimates have been revised higher, I believe they are including iPad revenue for the second half. Keep in mind that gross margins are expected to drop next quarter.

It would be quite a feat if Apple manages to earn more in the second half of its fiscal year than it did in the first half, which included the Christmas holiday season.
    Apr 21 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPad Revolution: Naysayers Miss the Big Picture [View article]
    It was written on my MacBook Pro. The iPad was a gift.
    Apr 16 05:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPad Revolution: Naysayers Miss the Big Picture [View article]
    Dialectical did a great job addressing your comment about paying over and over again for connectivity (the 3G version is not even out yet and does not lock you into any contracts), so I will address the first part of your comment about valuation.

Looking at just the P/E ratio ignores the strength of their balance sheet and future growth. At an EV/EBITDA of 14, while the stock isn’t exactly cheap, it does not appear to be overvalued either. I personally look for companies with EV/EBITDA values below 10 but then again Apple has a strong brand, 20% profit margins, a brand new product in the iPad, increasing sales of their MacBook adn iMac computers and a very strong balance sheet with a current ratio of 2.5.
    Apr 16 12:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPad Revolution: Naysayers Miss the Big Picture [View article]
    @NDinMSP You are right, that was not the consensus number. However it wasn't just Gene who had put out a number higher than the actual 300,000 figure. Credit Suisse had an estimate of 400,000 to 500,000.

@brockway. Ha ha. Sure, why not.

@Constable Morgan Stanley reiterated their above consensus estimate of 6 million iPads for 2010. Based on what I have seen after playing with the device and the availability at some stores, there is a good chance Apple will see strong iPad sales this year, especially after the 3G models come out.

@Joe A long lost brother would probably deserve the visually stunning 27" iMac if he did not need the mobility. Now if Apple could only fix that yellow screen issue that some people have been experiencing. I personally considered the 27" iMac and settled on a MacBook Pro instead.

@walsellers I was talking about the folks who are dismissing the device as nothing more than an expensive toy. I believe this is truly a convergence device.
    Apr 15 01:23 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Zen of iPad [View article]
    Nice overview of the iPad Carl. I picked up a couple today as gifts (can't justify the luxury for myself having purchased a MacBook Pro just months ago). As an iPhone owner, a couple of things come to mind after reading your post.

Regarding "windowing", your Zen state may still be interrupted by apps that send real time alerts like the CNBC app that almost always sends alerts in annoying duplicates.

Regarding "please wait" messages, I have noticed my iPhone slow down considerably after installing a number of app and it is especially affected by apps with real time alerts turned on. I can see the exact same thing happening with the iPad for users who like to experiment with a lot of apps.
    Apr 8 03:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Was Strangling Apple a Good Idea? [View article]
    Interesting website Neil. I am assuming you are back from all your adventures now.
    Jul 26 04:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment