KB Home In 2015: Valuation And Prospects
- KB Home delivered strong first quarter results and appears to be poised to capitalize on further tailwinds in the sector.
- On a historic P/B basis, which is the basis on which the homebuilders have usually traded, KB is still relatively inexpensive.
- KB has exposure to Texas and other states that are being hit hard by the drop in the price of oil.
Where Will Twitter Be At The End Of 2015?
- Twitter's monetization ramp-up is still rapid but is slowing down on a percentage basis.
- Twitter succeeds as a news platform, a way of following celebrities, and a source of viral trends.
- Whether Twitter achieves its monetization goals or not, the stock is a poor investment because investors will not be giving the company such generous valuation metrics in the future.
What Should We Expect From Twitter In Q3?
- Twitter's MAUs and time spent on the website are more important than EPS and revenue.
- Twitter's mobile advertising revenue will be rewarded less by the market in the coming months (and years).
- Twitter's microblogging format has connection advantages but it does not tap very strongly into Facebook's network effect.
7 Disturbing Facts About Montage Technology
- After three months, Montage Technology still has not responded in any kind of detail to the allegations by Gravity Research.
- Montage Technology's 10-K is more than 45 days late.
- Montage might be suspended from trading or de-listed by the Nasdaq, perhaps as soon as June 2.
- Any one of a number of events could cause Montage shares to fall by 50%.
Wet Seal: Substantial Upside, Stock Has Been Sold Off On Emotion
- Wet Seal went through a panicked sell-off in March, and has in the last 52 weeks lost 65% of its value.
- The company is currently trading at a significant discount, given its fundamentals: a P/S of 0.18 and a P/B of 1.45.
- Insider buying has been extensive and suggests that the risk at this point in the Wet Seal turnaround is considered to be minimal by management.
- The company's cash position is strong: $46.16 million in existing cash and $27 million in further financing after a recent equity raise.
- The management team is a veteran staff with extensive experience in the teenage fashion industry. It has weathered cyclical changes before.
Why The Pandora Earnings Report Doesn't Matter
- Pandora is experiencing extraordinary revenue growth.
- Pandora is not profitable.
- The earnings report will reveal nothing new on either of these metrics.
- User growth decline is what matters.
- Pandora trades alongside the momentum stocks anyway.
Plug Power: A Keynesian Beauty Contest
- PLUG is a different game than other stocks right now.
- The game is more or less a Keynesian beauty contest.
- It is not right now irrational for Plug longs to be playing this contest.
- It will become very irrational in the future for Plug longs to play this contest.
Invest, Don't Trade: Lessons From The Tax Collector
- Investors make off much better than traders in capital-gains taxes.
- It pays to be patient in times of market uncertainty.
- Trying to beat the market's pricing action is a dangerous game in terms of taxes.
- Follow The Leader: Pandora's Analyst Upgrades
- Pandora: The Next 6 Months