Atlanta Equity Professional

View Atlanta Equity Professional's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Of Giants, Super-Giants, And Mega-Giants [View article]
    I loved this article, Anthony. Thank you!
    Apr 30, 2015. 10:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Energy: Buy It Here While You Can [View article]
    J, the pessimism is so overwhelming here that I am beginning to wonder if it will only rebound once a catalyst has occurred - bankruptcies and an industry consolidation, a political administration change, or another such scenario. But I agree that this is definitely the time to buy.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sleeping Bull Is Best Left Undisturbed [View article]
    George, what about Nuskin? I think they go ex-div this week.
    Feb 23, 2015. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Production numbers the talk on Tesla Motors [View news story]
    Why anyone - including SA - pays any attention to the opinion of this Jonas clown is beyond me. This man has repeatedly and cynically demonstrated his willingness to lie and do whatever it takes to obtain goodies from Tesla for MS. His behavior in the days prior to the initial gigafactory announcement was criminal and should have been punished in court if the SEC were being appropriately vigilant. Disclosure: I have never had a position in Tesla.
    Dec 17, 2014. 09:31 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deliver Us From Irrelevancy [View article]
    Thanks, George, much appreciated!
    Sep 14, 2014. 09:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deliver Us From Irrelevancy [View article]
    That makes sense and my experiences have been similar to yours over the years. One other quick question. Since premiums are low right now because of the low volatility, do you ever consider the possibility of premiums enhanced by special situations? Earnings announcements of course are predictable occurrences, but sometimes there do arise special situations in which the premiums for certain companies can skyrocket very quickly. For instance, VNET is a company that was attacked by a bear article here on SA late this last week. The allegations may or may not be correct, but they have caused the IV to go through the roof on the puts and calls for this company. A weekly far-OTM put or call with an IV of 120% like VNET's right now could, I think, function more or less like a far-OTM put or call on an earnings announcement.
    Sep 14, 2014. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deliver Us From Irrelevancy [View article]
    George, love your column and your social commentary. And I think you've found a couple of terrific and repeating inefficiencies in the market in the form of double-dip dividends and premiums enhanced by earnings. Quick question for you. Your strategy involves frequent trades in and out of stocks/derivatives. What about the enormous tax bill? Have you developed any strategies or special setups to deal with the short-term trading tax penalties? Thanks!
    Sep 14, 2014. 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's IBM Stake Surpasses 7% With Strong Upside To Fair Value [View article]
    While I do not always agree with IBM management on their capital allocation decisions, I do think that IBM will be around and be profitable for many years to come. One of its great strengths is its mainframe business, from which 40% of its profits are derived. Mainframes are an incredibly flexible technology platform. Among other things, they enable IT personel to add or remove systems in real time while other applications work uninterrupted in the background, they facilitate collective forms of computing through easy workload distribution, they face no threat of viruses, and they have redundant engineering for recovery from computer disasters. Mainframes might seem to be ancient to some, but they constitute a serious bedrock of ongoing business for IBM, and one that will continue for many years.
    Aug 18, 2014. 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Zillow/Trulia predict major cost savings, other synergies [View news story]
    Secondary offering, Mark? I'm sure they've got a plan. Stock would probably rally if they were to announce a secondary (I'm being serious).
    Jul 28, 2014. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • D-Day For Twitter [View article]
    I thought the TWTR earnings date was the 29th??!!??
    Jul 25, 2014. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Billions Of Dollars Will Soon Flow Into Iran [View article]
    Thank you for this excellent summary of the situation!
    Jun 25, 2014. 10:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Market Share: Slip, Slipping Away [View article]
    My sentiments are 100% with you, Michael Sacerdote. Mr. Blair is an outstanding SA contributor, whether I agree with him or not. He embodies grace and intellect in an unprecedented combination. I learn an incredible amount about investing from his articles. And Michael, you yourself have recently written some very well-researched articles (including especially the article on PME).
    Jun 23, 2014. 11:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Don't Overlook This Low-Risk, High-Return Investment [View article]
    Soid, your vision of Facebook's advertising TAM, unfortunately, is assumed and is not statistically-driven: http://seekingalpha.co....

And it probably would also be good for you to think harder about the kinds of persons who will in the coming years be setting up Facebook accounts - developing-world persons whose discretionary incomes are a small fraction of the incomes of Americans and Europeans.
    Jun 23, 2014. 12:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Just Made Montage Technology Group My Largest Short Position [View article]
    Articles like Whitney's are absolutely essential for the cause of the MONT shorts. They also are a service to ordinary Shanghai citizens, whose taxes are funding this fraudulent takeover. It is only through articles like this - that raise awareness and rally investors to the cause - that the dubious takeover can be avoided. The more light that is shined on the situation, the better.
    Jun 11, 2014. 04:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Orders Montage Technology To Cease Production And Sale [View article]
    Aristides, even though I have ended up losing money on this trade (I am out now), I do want to thank you for your top-quality work on this situation. I especially appreciate the reasoned way you presented the short thesis, rather than attempting to add rhetorical flourishes to overstate the case (i.e. Muddy and NQ). I have learned a lot about Chinese business through this experience and I do not in the least feel regret about my involvement on the short side of this name.
    Jun 11, 2014. 10:27 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment