Austin Craig

View Austin Craig's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Think Nvidia Is Fairly Valued [View article]
    PEG of 2.62 is a bit concerning. Thats one heck of a premium to pay for 'possible' future growth.

equally concerning is how much money wasted on sharebuy backs. I would much rather see this money go to acquiring companies/tech or put back into R&D rather than padding the numbers.
    Feb 26 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Cares If The Metals Are Manipulated!? [View article]
    whats a streaming stock?
    Jan 21 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Cares If The Metals Are Manipulated!? [View article]
    what do you guys think of metals mutual funds?
    Jan 20 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shorts Forum [View instapost]
    Shorting stocks is like being the guy who plays the "dont pass" line at the craps table. Aka.. your not the most popular chap in the room even though you might be right.
    Jan 16 11:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ Technology - Dead And Done But With A Silver Lining [View article]
    The buyout should help the sharehholders caught up in the lawsuit as it had a clause that if ocz is bought out in part of whole they get 6 or 7 milion more bucks. Not sure where that money is coming from though.
    Jan 16 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ Technology - Dead And Done But With A Silver Lining [View article]
    Wow... not any bids.. jeez.
    Jan 15 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: 'Desperation' Is A Stinky Cologne [View article]
    commission is a positive development in my opinion.
    Jan 15 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    I'm quite bullish on Micron.
    Jan 15 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Hindsight is 20/20.

When this article was published MU was going down and thus my calls were the absolute perfect move. So the stock popped.. so what.

If i had just bought and sold stock i would have made more money w/ increased risk. Its just that simple. Yet I choose to hedge a portion and given what we knew I'd make the same move again as it was the right move w/ the cards showing. I've been in far far FAR to many stocks where you think you know it all and then BLAM! you take a nasty hit b/c of unexpected news.

If earnings were bad I highly doubt anyone here would be saying you should NOT have hedged a PORTION of your investment.

Anyway.. im out. Got more stuff to go write about.
    Jan 14 08:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    so i guess thats why the stock went down before earnings right and all the downgrades. lol
    Jan 14 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Well, yea.. if i had done nothing i would have made more. Yet.... MU was going down and thus I was experiencing less damage than a person who had just bought the stock and not sold anything. Only after earnings did the stock pop.

So lets look at the flip side. What if you bought at 21 and the stock went to 20. You are out a buck. If you sell calls on a portion of your investment you reduce some of your risk (and potential gains) but im more than fine with that. Making a couple % in days or a week or 2 is more than fine by me. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm still not getting the misleading part.
    Jan 14 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tegra K1 Implications [View article]
    Wouldn't going bankrupt due to the inability to compete be the same as being banished from the market? lol

Both were in the end for what ever reason forced out of the markets. I do remember 3DFX tinkering w/ hidden surface removal in the voodoo 4/5 line. I also picked up a little Voodoo 4 when it was on sale for 50% off when 3DFX went belly up. Great little card. Too bad Rampage was never commercially released.
    Jan 14 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    LOL how is it misleading?

I bought at 21. Sold a 22.50 call on a portion.

Stock leaps up as i thought it -might-.

Buy back 22.50 call and sell a 23 call for MORE profit, rather than making Less profit by holding the 22.50 call.

Yes, If i had never sold any calls i would have made more money on that portion. Yet on the flip side if i were wrong on my assumptions then the stock might have gone down and i would be negative.

I've been selling calls for years upon years and it is very profitable especially when a stock is flat for a day, week, month. Heck I had a chuckle a few months back when mr. market was offering a 2% gain on a 1 1/2 day call on Micron.

If calls are not for you thats fine. Everyone has his own investing style but dont knock whats very profitable.
    Jan 14 09:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ - The Master of SSD (Shady, Suspect, Deceitful) [View instapost]
    bankrupt now. lol
    Jan 13 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    And I only did this on a Portion of my holdings.
    Jan 12 11:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment