Austin Craig

View Austin Craig's Comments BY TICKER:
  • J.C. Penney: 'Desperation' Is A Stinky Cologne [View article]
    commission is a positive development in my opinion.
    Jan 15, 2014. 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    I'm quite bullish on Micron.
    Jan 15, 2014. 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hindsight is 20/20.

When this article was published MU was going down and thus my calls were the absolute perfect move. So the stock popped.. so what.

If i had just bought and sold stock i would have made more money w/ increased risk. Its just that simple. Yet I choose to hedge a portion and given what we knew I'd make the same move again as it was the right move w/ the cards showing. I've been in far far FAR to many stocks where you think you know it all and then BLAM! you take a nasty hit b/c of unexpected news.

If earnings were bad I highly doubt anyone here would be saying you should NOT have hedged a PORTION of your investment.

Anyway.. im out. Got more stuff to go write about.
    Jan 14, 2014. 08:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    so i guess thats why the stock went down before earnings right and all the downgrades. lol
    Jan 14, 2014. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Well, yea.. if i had done nothing i would have made more. Yet.... MU was going down and thus I was experiencing less damage than a person who had just bought the stock and not sold anything. Only after earnings did the stock pop.

So lets look at the flip side. What if you bought at 21 and the stock went to 20. You are out a buck. If you sell calls on a portion of your investment you reduce some of your risk (and potential gains) but im more than fine with that. Making a couple % in days or a week or 2 is more than fine by me. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm still not getting the misleading part.
    Jan 14, 2014. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tegra K1 Implications [View article]
    Wouldn't going bankrupt due to the inability to compete be the same as being banished from the market? lol

Both were in the end for what ever reason forced out of the markets. I do remember 3DFX tinkering w/ hidden surface removal in the voodoo 4/5 line. I also picked up a little Voodoo 4 when it was on sale for 50% off when 3DFX went belly up. Great little card. Too bad Rampage was never commercially released.
    Jan 14, 2014. 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    LOL how is it misleading?

I bought at 21. Sold a 22.50 call on a portion.

Stock leaps up as i thought it -might-.

Buy back 22.50 call and sell a 23 call for MORE profit, rather than making Less profit by holding the 22.50 call.

Yes, If i had never sold any calls i would have made more money on that portion. Yet on the flip side if i were wrong on my assumptions then the stock might have gone down and i would be negative.

I've been selling calls for years upon years and it is very profitable especially when a stock is flat for a day, week, month. Heck I had a chuckle a few months back when mr. market was offering a 2% gain on a 1 1/2 day call on Micron.

If calls are not for you thats fine. Everyone has his own investing style but dont knock whats very profitable.
    Jan 14, 2014. 09:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ - The Master of SSD (Shady, Suspect, Deceitful) [View instapost]
    bankrupt now. lol
    Jan 13, 2014. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    And I only did this on a Portion of my holdings.
    Jan 12, 2014. 11:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Yea.. i rolled them forward. Basically DrGoldin you buy the stock cheap at say 21 and then sell a call at a 23 strike. IF the stock goes to 23 or higher they take the stock from you at 23. You make a 2 buck profit here AND the call premium. Yes, I would have made more if i had not sold a call but at the same time nothing says the stock has to jump up. It could have went neutral where i could have made 0 on the spread and still captured the option premium. If the stock went down id have lost on that portion but made a call premium.. hopefully more than any loss that one might have incurred.
    Jan 12, 2014. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    pretty good actually. I had sold some 22.50's when micron was 21 a share or so on a portion of what i owned.

did the math and after it popped covered the 22.50s and sold 23's. so yea.. im quite happy with it. Made a profit on both portions.

Will reload next week and sell more.
    Jan 10, 2014. 06:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Just a typical day in the stock market. Usually you have a run up before earnings and the people jump on board. IF they beat the stock pops and then well.. it has little momentum to keep it going so you have a pull back. Just imagine a 4th of July fireworks display and when its over .. well.. its over.

This is not to say after a small break the stock cant continue to go up.
    Jan 10, 2014. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ha!

Tis true..
    Jan 6, 2014. 05:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    If you would care to point out what scares you i'm sure I could help you and this irrational fear.
    Jan 5, 2014. 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment