Austin Craig

View Austin Craig's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    very true
    Jan 4, 2014. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    I'm not a fan of selling puts as I've had some success w/ it but I did get burned one time when a stock took a nasty 50% drop in 1 day. So i was forced to buy at 10 a share while the stock was trading at 5. ouchy.

Thank goodness it was only for a few contracts.
    Jan 4, 2014. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Old saying applies here... "you can't go broke taking profits".
    Jan 3, 2014. 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Everyone has different styles. Selling a covered call on a ~portion~ of your holdings wont kill you. lol
    Jan 3, 2014. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    Maybe Wallstreet likes MU and just wants you to Sell. Its not like the brokerages in the past have ever done anything like pulling out the word to buy or sell and then doing the exact opposite.

Generally I just ignore the brokerages. The simple fact is SSD is growing by leaps and bounds. In 5 years it will have ~vastly~ higher penetration.
    Jan 3, 2014. 04:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    I'll have to check out that website. I think you nailed it on the head COBeeMan. My strategy mirrors yours.
    Jan 3, 2014. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    I've had quite a bit of success over the years selling short term covered calls on a portion of my holdings. Key word here is portion. I would not sell covered calls against ALL of the MU I own b/c of the very reasons you pointed out Sir.

Still,,, It is enjoyable to have a weekly or bi-monthly revenue stream flowing in to put to work in other places while still maintaining price appreciation potential.

Note: I'm not knocking anyone for disagreeing w/ my view of covered calls. Its just a strategy that has worked for me.
    Jan 3, 2014. 09:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron And 700% Sector Growth - Let The Domination Begin [View article]
    To each their own. I enjoy selling covered calls for a portion of my holdings. Last week I sold some mid January calls at a 23 strike (stock was 21.50's at the time).

This allows me to have unlimited upside on a -portion- of my holdings while making a few percentage points here and now and still having the ability to appreciate in price (21.50 entry to an exit point of 23.50)
    Jan 3, 2014. 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Worth $6 If It Recaptures 75% Of Lost Market Share [View article]
    haters gona hate. lol
    Jan 3, 2014. 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ Technology - Dead And Done But With A Silver Lining [View article]
    Well,, its hard to guess that a company is cooking its books. My article came out after they cooked them. Yes, I had some hope for them. If the idiots had cut back the company say by 75% and focused on just enterprise while selling off the controller chip or licensing it out they might.... MIGHT.. have went on as some sort of zombie corporation. They had sales of 25 million in enterprise (mostly due to a datacenter contract wrapping up) but still.. maybe they could have made it.

2nd, thats part of the stock market. its a gamble.

3rd, good call. you were right.
    Dec 31, 2013. 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ Technology - Dead And Done But With A Silver Lining [View article]
    He must have missed all the articles where I said they were toast.
    Dec 30, 2013. 08:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Forest: A Growing, Profitable Company With A 30+ Country Customer Base [View article]
    i think thats a copy paste from the annual report :)
    Dec 19, 2013. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I read the annual report yesterday. They have a lot of odd accounting going on where they are taking away various charges to help net income . Still, company looks sorta interesting. Need to poke it more.
    Dec 19, 2013. 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pretty good for a 1st article. The only thing that leaps out at me here are the numbers. Revenues went up 38.5% from 2010 to 2012. Yet net income decreased. Pretty odd.

debt did go down a heck of a lot though. Also, I would have liked to seen partial 2013 numbers.

Still, good job on your 1st article. Its enough meat where I'll give the company a glance and research them further.
    Dec 18, 2013. 07:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OCZ Technology - Dead And Done But With A Silver Lining [View article]
    Indinlinx was shut down about a year back. All the Korean operations shut down or moved to the US. The Indinlinx CEO left.

Not sure how much that hindered the controller chip efforts.
    Dec 14, 2013. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment