Austrolib

View Austrolib's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Behind The Promotion Of Northwest Bio [View article]
    Hi there -

I'll say three things. First, as you say, I am a real person. Yay for me.

Second, I have never been paid by anyone but Seekingalpha for the Seekingalpha articles I write. I am a professional financial writer, and I have columns on other sites which do pay me for my content. Site owners pay me for content. The companies I write about do not.

Third, I am long NWBO. I believe in their technology, and if and when DCVax-Direct succeeds for all solid tumors, you will have serious egg on your face from this article.

I will be penning an article in defence of myself and NWBO in response to this shortly.
    Jul 7 11:53 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As The Business Cycle Hits EV, Survivors Like Car Charging Group Will Benefit [View article]
    vman -

I will ask you again. According to my knowledge, the CBOE has not made any options available on CCGI. There is no option chain available on the stock. I believe readers would appreciate you addressing that issue considering the content of your comments.
    Jun 20 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Vman -

There are no options available on CCGI. At least not in my brokerage account. What about yours?
    Jun 19 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Xplore Technologies Be Honeywell's Next Target? [View article]
    John - thanks for commenting, appreciate your input. I noted as well in my piece that I do not think any takeover is imminent, but I feel there will be an offer a year or two from now if earnings keep rising the way they are. If the CEO rejects it as you say, that itself would catapult the shares in any case. We'll see what happens.
    Jun 10 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Xplore Technologies Be Honeywell's Next Target? [View article]
    dgcannon -

They pulled their first profit last quarter. It's in the article. Here's the link again. http://yhoo.it/1hDqEup
    Jun 10 04:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Alzheimer's Blood Tests Could Paradoxically Free The Long-Term Care Market [View article]
    Josh -

Appreciate your comment. My timeframe for a break out is whenever CNN picks up on LymPro like it did for the the Georgetown test. Somebody want to call them up?

On a more sustained basis, CLIA approval would be a good time for a break out sometime later this year.

And yes, I'm glad about Northwest. I'll take a look at ASCO as well. Thanks!f
    Apr 2 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Essential to making a profit is controlling costs, so what you're saying is a bit confused.

Unless, of course, the government mandates you buy something by law. Then costs don't matter at all.
    Apr 2 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dwdallam -

See my response to Dale. I am talking about getting rid of it all. It will happen when the government goes bankrupt, not before.
    Mar 31 04:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dale -

You're certainly correct that the government permeates everything. A free market in insurance has been impossible since WWII. In order to achieve it, you'd not only have to repeal Obamacare. You'd have to get rid of medicare, medicaid, and any sort of state incentive for any kind of health insurance.

Getting rid of all that will be impossible, until the Federal government goes bankrupt and all the programs go bust. That'll happen eventually. When it does, the market will be freed.

As for Amarantus, I'm long for a reason.
    Mar 30 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Spot on. There is no reason to reveal price when a third party is paying. That's what makes costs keep going up. Increase insurance coverage, increase costs.
    Mar 30 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I appreciate your reasoned comment, but costs cannot come down when demand is mandated by government. Costs will not come down until government leaves the area completely in all aspects. Force cannot bring costs down. Only the market can.

This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    Mar 30 10:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Not much longer I would think. Watch the M2 money supply growth numbers on the Fed H6 release. If excess reserves start flooding the system, gold will go crazy.

Good idea on a full piece on mining costs. I'll consider it.
    Feb 27 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Cleveland -

I am an austrian school economist. The Austrian School does not subscribe to the cost-push theory of prices, or the labor theory of value as in things cost what they cost because of the labor put into them, so that is not my thesis.

Price is determined by the equilibrium between what consumers are willing to pay for it and what producers are willing to sell it for. Whatever that price is, will be the price of gold. If the producer and consumer cannot agree on a price, it will not be sold and the companies will go bankrupt.
    Feb 26 09:07 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    In a year or so. I hope you'll be alive and healthy by then.
    Feb 26 05:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Classical theory doesn't work in a QE-induced world. That's the problem.
    Feb 26 05:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment