Austrolib

View Austrolib's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why A Market Crash Could Come Any Day Now [View article]
    Economics is supply and demand. Not one or the other.
    Aug 21, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Market Crash Could Come Any Day Now [View article]
    I don't think either will work very well. I recommend holding options on the VIX directly. It may be too late now considering what's happened already in the last 3 days.
    Aug 21, 2015. 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Market Crash Could Come Any Day Now [View article]
    55-60% off the top of my head.
    Aug 13, 2015. 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eli Lilly Closing In On Football-Related Brain Disease, Implications For Amyvid [View article]
    Thanks Dave, appreciate it.
    Jun 14, 2015. 08:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Honest Look At SolarWindow Technologies From A Shareholder [View article]
    Well, then I guess the NREL is in on it then. Wouldn't be the first time government has lied to us, so maybe you're right. On the off chance that they're not in on it, I'll stay long.
    Jun 2, 2015. 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Honest Look At SolarWindow Technologies From A Shareholder [View article]
    Hunter, see my response to ivo above.
    May 31, 2015. 02:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Honest Look At SolarWindow Technologies From A Shareholder [View article]
    ivo -

No need to be rude. I never made any claim that anyone is shorting anything. Look through my comment again. I was responding to those claiming that people were shorting, and saying it doesn't matter.

The government is sponsoring it. Just because the company does not get direct funding doesn't mean the government isn't spending money on Solar Window. I never said the government is funding the company.

"On January 16, 2013, we entered into a modification to the CRADA for the purpose of extending the date pursuant to which NREL’s researchers will make use of our exclusive IP and NREL’s background IP."

The NREL's researchers are government funded researchers. You pay their salaries. They are currently codeveloping Solar Window with the company. Maybe the NREL is in on the hoax too, but I doubt it.
    May 31, 2015. 02:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Honest Look At SolarWindow Technologies From A Shareholder [View article]
    I see these comment battles on SA a lot about people supposedly commenting negatively because they are short the stock. For every short seller there is a buyer though. People see to forget that. Let people short what they want.

Look, Solar Window may be a hoax. But if so, then the government is in on it too, because they're sponsoring the thing through the NREL.

Now I'm no fan of government. Anyone who reads my blog knows that. But as stupid as government usually is, they're not that stupid as to back a total hoax.
    May 28, 2015. 03:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • pSivida, Moore's Law, Pfizer, And The Next Regeneron [View article]
    I'd just say it's typical movement of a trial stage microcap biotech. These jitters don't mean much until an approval, all they do is give you better entry points.
    May 20, 2015. 05:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Varoufakis And Fingergate - Euro Signaling Systemic Crisis Is Close [View article]
    Yes, return to commodity based money God willing.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting. I didn't know they had different letters. What's the point of a monetary union then? There are no different dollars in the dollar zone.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MabVax At The Intersection Of Vaccine And Antibody Cancer Immunotherapy [View article]
    It's a reverse merger I think. The Phase 2 has been ongoing since 2010 so I doubt they are footing the bill alone. The successful JUNO IPO may give them a bump soon.
    Dec 21, 2014. 05:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    Asbytec -

It's exactly the opposite. When banks lend to each other, the money supply raises even more. A bank takes $100 out of excess, loans $90 of it to bank B and keeps $10 as required reserve for that $100. M2 is now $190. But bank B can loan out $81 of that $90 to another bank and keep $9. M2 is now $271 from the original $100.

If, however, a bank loans $100 to a non bank, that entity takes the $100 and spends it, M2 stays at $100.
    Sep 15, 2014. 04:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    The banks can take out money from excess reserves at any time and loan it out. Nothing to do with the public and physical currency.
    Sep 15, 2014. 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    Economics professors tend to know the least about economics.
    Sep 14, 2014. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment