Austrolib

View Austrolib's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Alzheimer's Blood Tests Could Paradoxically Free The Long-Term Care Market [View article]
    Josh -

Appreciate your comment. My timeframe for a break out is whenever CNN picks up on LymPro like it did for the the Georgetown test. Somebody want to call them up?

On a more sustained basis, CLIA approval would be a good time for a break out sometime later this year.

And yes, I'm glad about Northwest. I'll take a look at ASCO as well. Thanks!f
    Apr 2 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Essential to making a profit is controlling costs, so what you're saying is a bit confused.

Unless, of course, the government mandates you buy something by law. Then costs don't matter at all.
    Apr 2 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dwdallam -

See my response to Dale. I am talking about getting rid of it all. It will happen when the government goes bankrupt, not before.
    Mar 31 04:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dale -

You're certainly correct that the government permeates everything. A free market in insurance has been impossible since WWII. In order to achieve it, you'd not only have to repeal Obamacare. You'd have to get rid of medicare, medicaid, and any sort of state incentive for any kind of health insurance.

Getting rid of all that will be impossible, until the Federal government goes bankrupt and all the programs go bust. That'll happen eventually. When it does, the market will be freed.

As for Amarantus, I'm long for a reason.
    Mar 30 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Spot on. There is no reason to reveal price when a third party is paying. That's what makes costs keep going up. Increase insurance coverage, increase costs.
    Mar 30 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I appreciate your reasoned comment, but costs cannot come down when demand is mandated by government. Costs will not come down until government leaves the area completely in all aspects. Force cannot bring costs down. Only the market can.

This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    Mar 30 10:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Not much longer I would think. Watch the M2 money supply growth numbers on the Fed H6 release. If excess reserves start flooding the system, gold will go crazy.

Good idea on a full piece on mining costs. I'll consider it.
    Feb 27 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Cleveland -

I am an austrian school economist. The Austrian School does not subscribe to the cost-push theory of prices, or the labor theory of value as in things cost what they cost because of the labor put into them, so that is not my thesis.

Price is determined by the equilibrium between what consumers are willing to pay for it and what producers are willing to sell it for. Whatever that price is, will be the price of gold. If the producer and consumer cannot agree on a price, it will not be sold and the companies will go bankrupt.
    Feb 26 09:07 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    In a year or so. I hope you'll be alive and healthy by then.
    Feb 26 05:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    Classical theory doesn't work in a QE-induced world. That's the problem.
    Feb 26 05:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Has Been No Gold Bull Market, But It Is About To Begin [View article]
    I certainly own shares. See the disclosure at the top.
    Feb 26 05:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Amarantus Super Bowl Campaign Can Teach Us About SodaStream [View article]
    Dilution is a concern, however, any positive data with LymPro, and especially its approval, will cancel that out many times over. Once that test goes to market, any future dilution will be a drop in the bucket. These types of stocks are not for trading. They are for buying if you believe in the technology they are developing. If it succeeds, and we'll know by around mid year, it won't make a bit of difference if one enters at 10 cents or a nickel.
    Feb 6 04:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you that AMBS could go up to .20 a share on positive news. That is why I am long AMBS. Especially if pilot data for LymPro are positive, which should come out this quarter.
    Feb 6 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendritic Cell Vaccines: A Look Back At Clinical Trials Since 1999 [View article]
    Thanks Doc. Your comments are always appreciated. Perhaps you should consider writing your own piece on the debate. I'm sure I along with others would enjoy reading it.
    Feb 4 06:01 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Robbster. I takes a stand up guy to compliment a piece that is not positive on a stock one is holding. I commend you for that. This piece was not about bashing IMUC so much as it was about defending dendritic cell vaccines as an approach. I hope ICT-107 succeeds. I just don't think it will given current data. But I am not short the stock, so I have no direct financial interest in the matter.
    Jan 3 08:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment