Austrolib

View Austrolib's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Varoufakis And Fingergate - Euro Signaling Systemic Crisis Is Close [View article]
    Yes, return to commodity based money God willing.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting. I didn't know they had different letters. What's the point of a monetary union then? There are no different dollars in the dollar zone.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MabVax At The Intersection Of Vaccine And Antibody Cancer Immunotherapy [View article]
    It's a reverse merger I think. The Phase 2 has been ongoing since 2010 so I doubt they are footing the bill alone. The successful JUNO IPO may give them a bump soon.
    Dec 21, 2014. 05:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    Asbytec -

It's exactly the opposite. When banks lend to each other, the money supply raises even more. A bank takes $100 out of excess, loans $90 of it to bank B and keeps $10 as required reserve for that $100. M2 is now $190. But bank B can loan out $81 of that $90 to another bank and keep $9. M2 is now $271 from the original $100.

If, however, a bank loans $100 to a non bank, that entity takes the $100 and spends it, M2 stays at $100.
    Sep 15, 2014. 04:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    The banks can take out money from excess reserves at any time and loan it out. Nothing to do with the public and physical currency.
    Sep 15, 2014. 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    Economics professors tend to know the least about economics.
    Sep 14, 2014. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    It worked in 1987.
    Sep 14, 2014. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    I did not address excess reserves here. The Fed happens to buy bonds as the tool with which it prints money because the government is its boss and it helps the government most if the Fed buys bonds as opposed to, say, a couch. Federal Reserve member banks (all banks) can take those excess reserves out of the Fed at any time and they then become part of M1 or M2.
    Sep 14, 2014. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    Velocity of money is a rough gauge of the demand to hold cash balances, aka the demand for money itself. The higher the velocity the lower the demand to hold money. The lower the demand for money, the higher the prices of other things in relation to money.

There is no function that can tell you have fast velocity changes relative to money supply. Humans are not machines. They don't work by equations. Velocity depends on the sum of individuals total choices about how much they want to hold cash balances. It changes all the time because human desires change all the time.
    Sep 14, 2014. 03:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Money Supply Statistics For Market Predictions [View article]
    There is no possible way to time exactly the onset of a crash. You can't mathematically time anything in economics. All you can do is use logic to estimate probabilities. Anything beyond that is voodoo.

Logically, if money supply shrinks after a period of growth, prices must fall.

So logically, if money supply shrinks for a substantial period of time (what that period of time is seems to be 20 or more weeks, roughly, but is not necessarily so) then it is more probable that a crash will occur. That's all one can say.
    Sep 13, 2014. 03:48 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Promotion Of Northwest Bio [View article]
    Hi there -

I'll say three things. First, as you say, I am a real person. Yay for me.

Second, I have never been paid by anyone but Seekingalpha for the Seekingalpha articles I write. I am a professional financial writer, and I have columns on other sites which do pay me for my content. Site owners pay me for content. The companies I write about do not.

Third, I am long NWBO. I believe in their technology, and if and when DCVax-Direct succeeds for all solid tumors, you will have serious egg on your face from this article.

I will be penning an article in defence of myself and NWBO in response to this shortly.
    Jul 7, 2014. 11:53 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As The Business Cycle Hits EV, Survivors Like Car Charging Group Will Benefit [View article]
    vman -

I will ask you again. According to my knowledge, the CBOE has not made any options available on CCGI. There is no option chain available on the stock. I believe readers would appreciate you addressing that issue considering the content of your comments.
    Jun 20, 2014. 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Vman -

There are no options available on CCGI. At least not in my brokerage account. What about yours?
    Jun 19, 2014. 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Xplore Technologies Be Honeywell's Next Target? [View article]
    John - thanks for commenting, appreciate your input. I noted as well in my piece that I do not think any takeover is imminent, but I feel there will be an offer a year or two from now if earnings keep rising the way they are. If the CEO rejects it as you say, that itself would catapult the shares in any case. We'll see what happens.
    Jun 10, 2014. 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Xplore Technologies Be Honeywell's Next Target? [View article]
    dgcannon -

They pulled their first profit last quarter. It's in the article. Here's the link again. http://yhoo.it/1hDqEup
    Jun 10, 2014. 04:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment