Avi Morris

View Avi Morris' Comments BY TICKER:
  • A 9%-Plus Yield At Linn Energy Is Compelling As The Company Continues Its Acquisition Ways [View article]
    Management said in April 2014:

Efficient Tax Structure:

Tax at LinnCo estimated to be zero through 2018, assuming current estimates for taxable income and capital spending
    Jul 22 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Excellent Stocks With High Yields And Monthly Dividend [View article]
    matherapist,

I have written a lot in my blog & these articles about the Federal Reserve being responsible for recent gains. Steady and increasing dividends will outlast whatever the Federal Reserve decides,

May 22 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron, With A High Yield And Growing Dividends, Will Reward Stockholders In 2014 [View article]
    F Wilson,

Good catch. That should be a 4% yield,

Feb 28 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Enbridge Energy Partners Offers High Yield and Growth [View article]
    Where there is high yield, there is risk. Sellers are abandoning that yield.

Feb 26 05:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Enbridge Energy Partners Offers High Yield and Growth [View article]
    Summary I still like EEQ, but the high yield prices in risk.

Feb 25 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enbridge Energy Partners Offers High Yield and Growth [View article]
    I still have my modest investment. Enbridge Inc (ENB), the managing partner, is involved in building the Keystone Pipeline to the Gulf & that may bleed through to EEP/EEQ. Also, the distribution was not raised last year, cash is tight. This was published Feb 12:

"There are two areas that management of the Partnership would like to highlight. First, we expect improved financial performance in 2014. Second, we have made substantial progress in addressing the Partnership's long-term financing needs. In the second quarter of 2014, EEP will benefit from a large component of our Eastern Access project entering service. The cash flows from this phase of Eastern Access, the full year contribution from projects completed during 2013 and increasing volumes will improve our earnings and distribution coverage. As our distribution coverage improves we will be positioned to grow our distribution at our target growth rate of 2% to 5% per annum," said Mark Maki, president of the Partnership.

"Management of the Partnership also made significant progress in 2013 addressing the financing overhang that we believe is impacting the Partnership's unit price. In the fourth quarter, we closed the MEP IPO which will provide an additional source of capital for the Partnership to fund our liquids pipelines organic growth program. We expect EEP to complete a further drop-down of ownership interests in its natural gas business to MEP by mid-2014. Over the next few years, we expect that EEP will sell all of its gas business ownership interests to MEP. This series of drop-downs will provide significant funding for EEP's attractive Liquids Pipelines growth projects and will substantially satisfy our equity capital requirements. The Partnership also sold $1.2 billion of preferred units, with an initial deferred distribution period to our general partner in May 2013. Collectively, these financing transactions have substantially reduced the equity funding needs of EEP over the next five years," noted Maki.

EEP will make a presentation at this event:

Capital Link's Master Limited Partnership Investing Forum will take place Thursday, March 6, 2014 at the Metropolitan Club in New York City. Attendance is complimentary for qualified attendees and the Forum will qualify for Continuing Education Credit.

The next day, you should be able to see the slide show posted on the website.

Cash is tight, but they are getting through a period of expansion with the help of the general partner,

Feb 24 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • While I Still Like Linn Energy, I'm Keeping My Fingers Crossed [View article]
    The revised offer for BRY was announced only hours after I submitted this article. As today's events are bringing falling prices, the LINE story is far from over. But I continue to keep my fingers crossed,

Nov 5 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 MLPs With Attractive Yields And Growing Income [View article]
    Realtol,

I used to watch BPL in the past. It has a long history & the yield is a little above the yield for the Alerian MLP Index. KMP has been more aggressive in raising its distribution. Its 15 year record for distribution growth is stellar. I'm a fan of the MLP industry & favor (for me) LNCO & EEQ, 2 stocks with higher yields. I'm more driven by yield & dividend growth than capital appreciation. KMP & BPL should be good performers for you. By the way, my broker does not permit MLPs in an IRA because of potential tax issues.

Sep 12 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yields And Growing Dividends From 4 REITs [View article]
    rwn,

Generally the bulk of the remainder is return of capital, but there are other categories such as capital gains. In Jan every REIT publishes the tax status of the prior years dividends

Aug 18 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Yielding Stocks With Dependable And Growing Income For Retirement Accounts [View article]
    Wiza,

I like them all because they will be increasing income in retirement accounts. Because I favor higher yielding stocks, I'd give an edge to HCP. It's down from recent highs (as are most REITs due to rising interest rates), part of the dividend is not taxable if that's helpful & dividends should be raised for years to come. However, each person has to make a personal evaluation based on his or her unique needs. Good luck,

Jul 21 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Enbridge Energy Offers A 7% Yield And Growing Distributions [View article]
    On pipeline spills. A prior slide show from EEP (on their website) showed that their record of spills (including Marshall) is slightly better than the industry average. It was cleaned up quickly & they kept the press updated on progress. Pipelines are built to last for decades. Even with the best maintenance, some spills have to be expected.

Jul 6 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Remains An Excellent Buy For Courageous Investors [View article]
    For what it's worth dept, below is the distribution & dividend announcement for July. Check the website every day for announcements,

**********************...
    LINN Energy and LinnCo Announce Monthly Distribution and Dividend

HOUSTON, July 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LINN Energy, LLC (Nasdaq:LINE) and LinnCo, LLC (Nasdaq:LNCO) announced today distributions and dividends, respectively, for the month of April 2013.

LINN Energy, LLC declared a monthly cash distribution of $0.2416 per unit, or $2.90 per unit on an annualized basis, for all of its outstanding units. The distribution will be payable July 15, 2013, to unitholders of record as of the close of business on July 10, 2013.

LinnCo, LLC declared a monthly cash dividend of $0.2416 per common share, or $2.90 per share on an annualized basis, for all of its outstanding common shares. The dividend will be payable July 16, 2013, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 10, 2013.
    Jul 2 05:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Junk Bond Funds Offer The Most Attractive Yield For Investors: A Look At The Western Asset High Income Fund II [View article]
    I don't make that assumption. Rates are going higher. We'll learn more next week when the FOMC speaks. Junk bond managers say their fundamentals shouldn't change much with rising rates. I think there will be more selling as in the past. However, over the long haul, junk bond funds have done better than a lot of popular stocks,

Jun 13 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know what flatten means. The yield on the 10 year Treasury has risen sharply in the last month & could go higher,

Ave
    Jun 12 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Linn Energy 3 Months Ago And Still Like It [View article]
    Steve,

You're working with the BRY-LNCO numbers I used in the article. Hard to argue with that. However, I'm a buy & hold guy. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I'm trying to get my friend to buy BRY & wait for the stock swap. She's a hard sell because she is against fracking.

May 21 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment