Balanced Investing

View Balanced Investing's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kellogg: Grappling Through Hard Times [View article]
    Can you please be specific and enlighten us with your rationale for this comment? Or you don't have any logic and it's just a personal dislike?
    Nov 10 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline: Fighting Against Adverse Currency Movements [View article]
    Given the growth in NI for the last three years, I think it is justified that it should trade close to industry average P/E.
    Nov 7 01:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sysco Corporation: The Impact Of The Mega Deal Quantified [View article]
    Hello! you are right about the decline in EPS but its revenues are consistently growing and SSY has not seen a decline in revenues for the last three years. To incorporate the decline in EPS and to be conservative, I have assumed Net Margin of 2% on the additional revenues, i.e. the ttm margin. I do not see any reason for the margin to decline below this level. If you see any reason for the net margin to decline below 2% do let me know your take on it.
    Nov 5 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biogen: The Pioneer In The Hemophilia A Market [View article]
    You are right but to be conservative, I have used 5-year average net profit margin.
    Jul 30 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Isn't Only Fun For Viewers [View article]
    Following is the link for Debt to Equity:

Jul 28 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Isn't Only Fun For Viewers [View article]
    Please, have a life, all people do not have an opinion similar to yours. It is trading in the range of $400 and have an average volume of 3.1m. Means 3.1m shares are being traded daily in this range. Which means there are a lot of people out their willing to purchase it in $400 range.
    Jul 28 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Isn't Only Fun For Viewers [View article]
    I did not show EPS in the figure but I did mention it. If you go to second line of sixth paragraph of the article you will see it. Please, read the full article before lashing out at someone. Further, please give others the right to have their own opinion even if it contradicts your opinion
    Jul 28 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Isn't Only Fun For Viewers [View article]
    Can you please be more specific about which numbers you are talking about?
    Jul 28 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Isn't Only Fun For Viewers [View article]
    It is your personal opinion, NFLX management thinks otherwise and I also think that they are correct.
    Jul 28 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Lies Ahead For Arena Pharmaceuticals? [View article]
    Did you comment only after reading my comment or did you also read the article? If you did not read the article and only commented after reading my comment then I have nothing to say to you.
    Jan 7 12:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere Is No Longer 'Dear' To Investors... [View article]
    John

I have defined dividend payout ratio as (Dividends / FCFE) mentioned in the second last paragraph of the heading "Sustainability?".
    Jan 7 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Lies Ahead For Arena Pharmaceuticals? [View article]
    Kindly read the article carefully before commenting. Refer to the heading "The Risk: Great Ideas, Low on Cash". The upfront payment is mentioned there. It feels like not the article but the comment is erroneous.
    Jan 7 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: Smoking Is Bad But Its Manufacturer Might Not Be [View article]
    Listen, there is usually a lot going on in a company and you can't cover everything in a single article. I will follow up with another article on MO and will try to cover other aspects such as e-cigarettes and I hope you guys like it.
    Jan 7 05:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Lies Ahead For Arena Pharmaceuticals? [View article]
    m_yossi

I am suggesting to stay away from Arena for some time and see how the sales play out in next year. I do not think it will triple within next year.

I am not suggesting to short it. I believe they might have to raise money after next 12 months, if the sales do not pick up substantially.
    Jan 7 05:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Lies Ahead For Arena Pharmaceuticals? [View article]
    Hello All,

Following is the reply to all your comments:

First of all under the heading "The Risk: Great Ideas, Low on Cash" I explicitly state in my article that Arena has cash and equivalents of $180 million. So I know how much cash they have.

I am also copying the company's CEO's quote along with the source with further explanation to the comments.
    "We have accumulated a large deficit since inception that has primarily resulted from the significant research and development expenditures we have made in seeking to identify and validate new drug targets and develop compounds that could become marketed drugs. Notwithstanding the recent US launch of BELVIQ and related payments received and expected from our collaborators, we may incur substantial losses for at least the short term as a result of manufacturing and commercializing BELVIQ, conducting required post-marketing and other studies of BELVIQ, seeking regulatory
    approval of BELVIQ outside of the United States and advancing other of our current and future compounds and drug candidates."

Source:

There was no factual mistakes in the article. My article explicitly stated that the company has cash and equivalents of $180 million. But I believe that this amount is not sufficient to fund Belviq related and other drugs related expenses and they might need to raise debt or equity financing given its robust balance sheet. Whatever positive contributions have been made is due to the single
    positive EPS that was earned in the quarter that ended June. This cash is sufficient to fund operations for at least the next 12 months.
    Nonetheless, Arena’s short-term operating expenses will be substantial as it continues to fund BELVIQ-related activities and at the same time selectively advances certain research and development trials.

Over the long term, Arena needs substantial cash to achieve company objectives of discovering, developing and commercializing drugs. The process typically takes many years and potentially several hundreds of millions of dollars for an individual drug. Arena may not have adequate available cash or assets that could be readily be turned into cash to meet these objectives at the moment. Given these circumstances I believe that the debt or equity financing can likely be an option in the coming years. In addition, I have based my opinions on the facts addressed by the CEO in the conference call and no cash cow status has yet been assigned to the company as far as I am informed. In addition, I would appreciate if the counter opinions can be presented in the form of article with sources as I am curious how the two funds, if exist, will aid the company with its current and future drugs other than Belviq.
    Jan 6 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment