As an investor I prefer to maximize income and capital gains with minimal taxation. Regulated Investment Companies (“RICs”) were designed to avoid double taxation, using the "conduit theory," where capital gains, dividends and interest are passed onto shareholders avoiding taxation at the corporate level but required to distribute at least 90% of interest, dividends, and gains earned on investments. There are three types of RICs that I follow and invest in: REITs that invest in real estate through properties or mortgages, Business Development Companies (“BDCs”) invest in small and mid-sized businesses, and Master Limited Partnerships (“MLPs”) invest in natural resources, real estate and commodities. My goal is ...More to work with others on Seeking Alpha to bring exposure and analysis.
- Description: Full time investor. Trading frequency: Daily
- Interests: Bonds, Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, REITs, Retirement savings, Stocks - long
Currently, there is no company profile for BDC Buzz.
Currently, there are no book details for BDC Buzz.
Latest Comments more »
- This might be a good time t... on Latest BDC Rankings For Q1 2013
- Obviously internal is prefe... on Latest BDC Rankings For Q1 2013
- TCPC was up 3% today with h... on Latest BDC Rankings For Q1 2013
- Investors are definitely pa... on Latest BDC Rankings For Q1 2013
- Great question. I hope the ... on Latest BDC Rankings For Q1 2013