Bear Fight

View Bear Fight's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    I have researched CIM and just never got comfortable with it. Part of the thesis on these REITs is getting comfortable with the managers. Not impressed with what the CIM management team has done since 07. These are income plays that all trade around book and yield between 13 - 18%. I rather stick with what I think it best in class.
    Jun 8, 2012. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Generate 10%+ Returns On These Blue Chip Equities [View article]
    For Part I of this series please visit: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 7, 2012. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation: The Next Crisis, And How To Protect Your Investments [View article]
    TBT might not perform they way you want. There might be significant financial repression and inflation and TBT will not provide the hedge you want. Serious investors should take a read of Chris Cole's latest piece. Very interesting. http://bit.ly/KKNZYz
    Jun 5, 2012. 12:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Generate 11% Yield On These Blue Chip Names [View article]
    Somewhat agree with the sentiment from the general public. Not to say there are not "risks." But I view the risks as lost opportunity costs as opposed to loss of capital or purchasing power. Lost opp cost in terms of the stock getting called away from you. If you are an investor that has shunned options due to the perceived risk I suggest picking up a book and reading about the different strategies. Knowledge is power. You can make up your mind after you have educated yourself.
    Jun 5, 2012. 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Miners Are Forming A Major Bottom [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I think the margin of safety on these miners is high. I like the sector. Own... GDX, GDXJ, NEM, PAAS.
    Jun 4, 2012. 02:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes MFA A Compelling Investment [View article]
    I like NLY, AGNC, MFA, and TWO. All these REITs have different strategies so listening to all the conference calls and reading the Ks and Qs is important. In terms of NLY and MFA the tenure of the mgmt team (internally managed) are comforting. For AGNC and TWO - I like the specific strategies. thanks.
    Jun 1, 2012. 07:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio Of Low Beta Equities For A Tumultuous Market [View article]
    Sorry, was not meant to be all inclusive. These are some of the name I think people should look at adding.
    May 30, 2012. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yielding Investments For Your Retirement [View article]
    Investors looking for yld should contemplate hybrid mortgage reits.
    May 29, 2012. 06:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Retirement Portfolio In A Tumultuous Time [View article]
    I do like a small allocation to mortgage REITs. Take a look at the hybrid M REITs that invest in the non agency space. http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 27, 2012. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Retirement Portfolio In A Tumultuous Time [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. Article was not meant to be all inclusive. Simply providing ideas for building a portfolio. I own NEM and UL. I also recommend a small allocation to mortgage REITs for yld focused investors.
    May 27, 2012. 11:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Diversify Your Portfolio With Hybrid REITs [View article]
    The investor presentations that these REIT do is very helpful. TWO's latest JMP presentation is on the Company's site. http://bit.ly/JcY3FF
    May 23, 2012. 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife Survives, But Concerns Linger - An Opportunity With Put Options [View article]
    Did folks actually read or listen to the transcript? He simply asked a few clarifying questions. People do not seem like they completed any diligence before jumping in on the shortside. Einhorn presented 130 pages of slides with short and long positions from France to appl. I would guess he doesn't have a firm view long or short. Asking questions is doing diligence. Think others could benefit from the tactic.
    May 17, 2012. 08:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The repo program accounts for a fair amount average daily volume. I would be considered about a short play until July 2012.
    May 17, 2012. 06:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Tailwinds For mREITs [View article]
    I view SA as a community. If other writers want to link relevant articles to my articles I welcome it. I hope other readers do as well. Happy investing.
    May 7, 2012. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Stock Market Cheap? [View article]
    GE was removed from the index. Not sure if it is back yet.
    May 2, 2012. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment