Bear Fight

View Bear Fight's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Focused On Rebuilding Wealth With Income [View article]
    Two very different reits. AGNC is agency and TWO is hybrid (a lot of non agency). I like the low balance strategy at AGNC and the risk management at TWO on the non agency. The subprime was acquired at 50 cents.
    Jun 14, 2012. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These 11 Charts Prove The Economy Has Gone Ice Cold [View article]
    Nice article.
    Jun 14, 2012. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Focused On Rebuilding Wealth With Income [View article]
    More on AGNC: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 14, 2012. 08:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look Inside American Capital Agency [View article]
    Walvestor - what is your view on non agency M reits?
    Jun 13, 2012. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REITs Yielding 12% And Trading Near Book Value [View article]
    Most REITs trade around book value. Anytime they trade meaningful above book (10%) the manager will issue shares.
    Jun 12, 2012. 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Construct A High Dividend REIT Portfolio [View article]
    What is your view on Mortgage REITs? http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 11, 2012. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TARP Warrants Revisited Part 2: Opportunities Exist For Long-Term Investors [View article]
    I own the PNC 2018 warrants. In addition investors can play the survival of these banks with an options play. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 10, 2012. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Picks For A Diversified Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    I think all investors should have some exposure to M REITs given the interest rate environment. Here are my ideas. http://seekingalpha.co...

Thesis is to accumulate a diversified pool of 5 - 6 M Reits.
    Jun 10, 2012. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    My view on MTGE - http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 8, 2012. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    I would rather lighten up on your exposure so you can sleep or look for M Reits like HTS that would perform against a rate rise.
    Jun 8, 2012. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    I own DBL from Doubleline.
    Jun 8, 2012. 03:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    No question you could buy the ETF. I like doing the security selection here given the transparency into the strategy. But not a bad way to go.
    Jun 8, 2012. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options On Recovery: Betting On Bank Stocks [View article]
    You could certainly deploy a strategy that utilized further OTM options. You will simply generate less yld on the cash used to secure the sale of the option.
    Jun 8, 2012. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options On Recovery: Betting On Bank Stocks [View article]
    I should have mentioned. Put sellers should always sell cash secured puts.
    Jun 8, 2012. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Mortgage REIT Portfolio [View article]
    I have researched CIM and just never got comfortable with it. Part of the thesis on these REITs is getting comfortable with the managers. Not impressed with what the CIM management team has done since 07. These are income plays that all trade around book and yield between 13 - 18%. I rather stick with what I think it best in class.
    Jun 8, 2012. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment