Bear Fight

View Bear Fight's Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Capital Agency's Q2 2013 Dividend Compared To Its Peers [View article]
    I am sticking with hybrid REITs in this volatile rate environment. I would agree that the sell off is probably overdone but I want exposure to non agencies. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 17 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look Inside American Capital Agency [View article]
    Walvestor - what is your view on non agency M reits?
    Jun 13 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes AGNC Different? [View article]
    I submitted an article on MTGE. The gist is that it is predominately agency. My guess is that the mix will shift over time as the manager spots opps in non-agency. Currently - it looks and feels a lot like AGNC. So beware of doubling down effectively on AGNC....
    Apr 17 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes AGNC Different? [View article]
    Thanks. Appreciate the positive comment.
    Apr 17 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes AGNC Different? [View article]
    M REIT investors should listen in to Jeff Gundlach's web conference tomorrow (tuesday). http://bit.ly/HJ1Eud

Full Disclosure: I am long DBL.
    Apr 16 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes AGNC Different? [View article]
    Have not spent much time with it, but I will take a look. Thanks for the comment.
    Apr 16 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency: A Booming Big Dividend REIT [View article]
    My two favorite picks are MFA (non agency) and NLY (agency).
    Apr 12 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Is Still A Buy After Dividend Cut [View article]
    Not a lot of discussion on the prepayment here. http://seekingalpha.co...

I suggest reading the full press release.

"The Company amortizes or accretes premiums and discounts associated with purchases of agency securities into interest income over the estimated life of such securities based on actual and projected CPRs, using the effective yield method. The weighted average cost basis of the investment portfolio was 104.7% as of December 31, 2011; therefore, slower actual and projected prepayments can have a meaningful positive impact, while faster actual or projected prepayments can have a meaningful negative impact, on the Company's asset yields."
    Feb 7 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Avoiding American Capital Agency [View article]
    I am avoiding the agency mortgage REIT space. I sold my positions in NLY (http://seekingalpha.co...) and AGNC. I am waiting for better prices (below book) or more info on prepayments.
    Dec 29 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment