Ben Hanson

View Ben Hanson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why So Many People Have A Bear Market Mindset In A Bull Market [View article]
    You, sir, just earned yourself a follower. Nicely done.
    Apr 26 02:11 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Conquest Of The Tablets World Is Well Under Way [View article]
    It's combined RT and 8 market share total.
    Apr 25 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Communications (VZ) has reportedly hired bank and legal advisers ahead of a possible $100B cash and stock bid to buy Vodafone's (VOD +1.3% in London) 45% stake in Verizon Wireless. Verizon Com, which reckons it can raise $50B from banks to help fund the deal, will structure its offer so that Vodafone's tax bill would be $5B rather than a possible $20B. [View news story]
    I'm thinking that Vodafone probably likes the status quo just fine, considering their core business is in the Eurozone.
    Apr 25 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Places To Find A 'Forever Dividend Investment' [View article]
    I could imagine, in a few decades, you having taken on the elder statesman of value investing crown that Buffet got from Graham. You talk the talk well, and I almost always enjoy your articles.
    Apr 24 01:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barbarians At The Gate For Microsoft, But History Will Not Repeat [View article]
    We all make mistakes. Though with the 822, you might want to hold off and wait for them to get their version of the 920.
    Apr 24 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There are situations where it might be advantageous at the consumer level. For instance, if I split the cost with people (roommates, family members, etc) over the long run, the cost per computer (about 20 per year, split 5 ways) wouldn't be too bad. In fact, it'd hardly be noticeable.
    Apr 23 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Small world, I own a 822 too.
    Apr 23 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Apple does, in fact, pay a dividend.
    Apr 23 02:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3-D Printing Could Lead To A U.S. Manufacturing Resurgence [View article]
    One typo: you said Alluding when you meant Eluding.
    Apr 23 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This pretty much sums up my investment thesis for the company. Though I'm surprised that your Best Buy didn't have a Surface Pro to try out. Where are you located? Maybe it's just because I'm in Washington, but my locals Staples and Best Buys have all the Surfaces available to play with.
    Apr 23 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Country Analysis: China [View article]
    How much of that growth is propped up by useless building (that is, the ghost cities)? That alone makes me nervous.
    Apr 23 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ARM Delivers A Strong Quarter [View article]
    Thanks for a well written article. I appreciate your ability to acknowledge the good about a stock you've been publically shorting.
    Apr 23 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel, Micron And Apple: The Memory Thing [View article]
    Technology strikes me as games of thrones within games of thrones. Very interesting stuff!
    Apr 22 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold's Crash, Europe's Woes Signal Global Decline: Companies To Watch [View article]
    I would say that the collapse of gold is a net positive for the economy. People are moving their investments out of unproductive lumps of rock into productive assets.
    Apr 22 02:24 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Q2 Results Are Not The Story, But Guidance Will Be [View article]
    They are moreso than Apple, which is what I meant but didn't quite communicate well enough.
    Apr 22 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment