Ben Hanson

View Ben Hanson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    Ah, good point.
    May 7, 2013. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    Wouldn't they make far more money off a large iPhone than a small iPad?
    May 7, 2013. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    The issue is that subsidized phone plans are rare outside of the US and Japan, and are pretty much unknown in the developing markets a cheap iPhone would target.
    May 7, 2013. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes General Electric Different Now [View article]
    I haven't heard anyone say that, since bond rates are so low. I'd be interested in your perspective on tha.
    May 7, 2013. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes General Electric Different Now [View article]
    Another similarity in the GE/MSFT comparison: widespread hatred of the current CEO. I'm not saying it is or isn't warranted, just noting it.
    May 7, 2013. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Makes General Electric Different Now [View article]
    The parallels between GE and Microsoft on this front are amazing. People scream dead money when, really, they got what they paid for, and they basically paid for p/e compression.
    May 7, 2013. 11:20 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    The issue is that that sort of subsidized data plan doesn't really exist outside of the United States and Japan, which has stymied iPhone sales in the developing world, which is where companies ranging from Samsung to Nokia to Huwawei are targeting so much of their efforts.
    May 7, 2013. 02:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Share Trends Make Apple Look Vulnerable [View article]
    I thought the choice of Neil Gaiman was also bizarre.
    May 7, 2013. 01:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Drops An Atomic Bomb On ARM's 'Abomination' [View article]
    For some reason, that bit about Lenovo and other PC makers wanting into the cell phone market makes me think of the line

"Dude, I got a Dell Phone!"
    May 7, 2013. 01:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Drops An Atomic Bomb On ARM's 'Abomination' [View article]
    How about Allswell, as in the thing that Endswell?
    May 7, 2013. 01:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Drops An Atomic Bomb On ARM's 'Abomination' [View article]
    I'll admit that I'm not quite sure how to interpret those charts.
    May 7, 2013. 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    Here's a random thought: what if they made the cheap iPhone (or reimagined 4/4S, or whatever) and made it strictly a developing markets phone? I'm sure there's some sort of downside (complaining from establish markets?), but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    May 7, 2013. 12:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Nope, I said that I know lots of iOS devices are being used productively. Hence the second paragraph where I said there were a lot of companies using them that way. I just doubt that it's even 1/4 of the 500 million of them.
    May 6, 2013. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Budget iPhone Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    I don't think they need to make a new cheap iPhone. I think they could get the same mileage out of making some tweaks to the iPhone 4/4s (like including 4G LTE capability, adding Thunderbolt plugs so that they have all their tech lined up, etc) and keep it at about the same price it retails for now.
    May 6, 2013. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: All Its Ducks In A Row [View article]
    I think ARM, the company, is going to do okay still. ARM, the stock, will probably fall quite a bit.
    May 6, 2013. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment