Ben Hanson

View Ben Hanson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Thanks, Cereal. I was pretty sure he was off base.
    May 6, 2013. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Your comments are all over the place.
    May 6, 2013. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel And Microsoft Speed Up Windows RT's Death [View article]
    I'm not sure how true #3 is. I own a Surface RT. If apps can't run in the background at all, then how do my Skype and Instant Messenger apps display messages when I don't have the apps open? They must be running in the background. Sure, I gave them permission to do so, but that sorta violates the whole "if you don't, the app is 100% suspended" thing.
    May 6, 2013. 01:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Nope, not worrying at all. Thanks for your concern.
    May 6, 2013. 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I'm not sure how many of those iOS users could be said to be productive. Everyone with an iPhone I know mostly uses them for telephone, e-mail and Angry Birds.

Not that I'm discounting the utility of iPads. I'm aware that lots of companies like Nordstrom's have put them to good use, and I don't expect companies that have already gone iPad to change overnight. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.
    May 6, 2013. 01:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Makes sense- Android's regarded as a security nightmare and Apple's had the only other viable tablet on the market. It'll be interesting to see if and how that changes. My money's on that changing.
    May 6, 2013. 01:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I'm just not sure what you mean. Supposedly Windows 8 supports up to 10 touch points.
    May 6, 2013. 12:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I could see that last one possibly working. If that's what he meant, then that's a reasonable spin. I'm not sure I agree with it, but it's still reasonable.
    May 6, 2013. 12:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I can respect that! I don't exact the entire world to go Windows overnight, or even in the near future. Thanks for commenting.
    May 5, 2013. 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I've used several, and I personally prefer Windows 8/RT, but I can understand other people having different tastes. Though I'm not sure what you mean by it not working with two fingers.
    May 5, 2013. 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Share Trends Make Apple Look Vulnerable [View article]
    The little touches make all the difference, don't they?
    May 5, 2013. 07:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    If I had the money, I'd be long Nokia too. Thanks for commenting!
    May 5, 2013. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    Intel might indirectly help them by making Macbooks have comparable lifespans to iPads.

And even though I started using Windows 8 and liked it from the start, I can DEFINITELY understand people not liking the change. What helped my change was that my first Windows 8-ish device was a Surface RT. With a touchscreen, it works beautifully. Without a touchscreen, it's basically Windows 7, but they moved everything. I'm glad you're starting to come around, because I feel a lot of empathy when people pay money for tech and then can't stand it.

And thanks for commenting.
    May 5, 2013. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft's 7.5% Tablet Market Share Is Surprising [View article]
    I definitely agree. However, that price point is still an issue that was in the way of Windows Tablets getting the adoption rates that they have, hence my honest surprise that things are going as well as they have.
    May 5, 2013. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel And Microsoft Speed Up Windows RT's Death [View article]
    I own a Surface RT and love it. I just wish I could run (as an example) Audacity on it. A Surface Atom would have the exact same performance, but it would give you the ability to run old programs.
    May 5, 2013. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment