Benedict Tubuo (Beevest)

View Benedict Tubuo (Beevest)'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: Between Icahn And A Much Harder Rock [View article]
    Rappenco - thanks for reading and the comments. Do you use cash to buy innovation and creativity or do you "stay focused" as Apple is doing? The expectation for continuous organic genius from Apple, in my opinion, is misplaced. But if they find innovation from the outside then it will not really be Apple would it? Hence the dilemma of their current situation.
    Jan 30 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax: Going Big Or Going Home In 2014 [View article]
    I saw comments on the web but I could not get to an actual BOA/Merrill document with the PT of $17.50. Thanks for the contribution and for reading
    Jan 27 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax: Going Big Or Going Home In 2014 [View article]
    Possibly - current money is in small/medium-sized panels and new money and growth is in non-drivers
    Jan 26 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax: Going Big Or Going Home In 2014 [View article]
    Haschultz - I could try to pick apart your feedback or acknowledge and appreciate the depth of the feedback. I chose the latter and thanks for the feedback and for reading. I did not realize they were fab on LCos. Thanks again and happy investing. I am long and entrenched on HIMX
    Jan 26 03:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife -13% as U.S. senator calls for investigation [View news story]
    The Herbalife pavement has a lot of elephants beating it up. I cannot see how the small investors manages to escape without getting trampled on. But the market could do without the added variable of "activist politicians". There is Icahn, Ackman and friends for that.
    Jan 23 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why Tesla Is Not Yet A Good Acquisition Target For GM Or Ford [View article]
    nwdiver - Everything is for sale at the right price. But, I concur with you that a TSLA acquisition should not happen at this time.
    Dec 30 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Should Take Blue Chip Growth Lessons From Boeing [View article]
    I could not agree more with you on the labor relations and employee wages side of your argument. I think that a focus on revenue and not employees is not sustainable because you need one to drive the other. I admire SBUX and actually wrote an earlier article articulating that their employee focus was a competitive advantage. My comparison between F and BA is on innovation, technology and taking chances.
    Nov 27 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Should Take Blue Chip Growth Lessons From Boeing [View article]
    Great point - I am sure that is one of the many obstacles/
    Nov 18 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Should Take Blue Chip Growth Lessons From Boeing [View article]
    If you think only Airbus can hurt Boeing you may not be looking close enough. The comparison, as outlined above, is about the state of the industries and not necessarily about buying a plane or a car.
    Nov 18 08:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Should Take Blue Chip Growth Lessons From Boeing [View article]
    podinet - are you suggesting that Boeing should run away from its issues? I am most inadequately informed to comment about labor relations and other internal issues. I look at the issues with the 787 as a blessing in disguise as long as they fix them. If nothing else the shareholders are smiling and sales are strong.
    Nov 18 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's A Stock Picker's Year [View article]
    Great read
    Nov 15 05:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: At The Tipping Point, Keep Your Eyes On The Big Picture [View article]
    I came across the article below. I thought it would good fodder to the good conversations on Tesla
    Nov 3 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Gets A Rating From Tim Cook [View article]
    My interpretation is that there are many smaller players with insignificant market share to present on the chart.
    Oct 24 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Gets A Rating From Tim Cook [View article]
    thotdoc - Thanks for reading and the comment. So are there any geniuses out there? I followed Wozniak's comments about Steve Jobs when his biopic came out. You cannot take it at face value because it is one man's opinion but he argued that its portrayal of Jobs is too flattering, since it ascribes to him a business and technology genius, which he did not always possess.
    Oct 24 04:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Buy Ford's Stock, 1 Reason To Sell It [View article]
    Ford seems to have found the gold dust. I am very worried about cycles in the auto industry but impressed that One Ford seems to be working in China.
    Oct 24 04:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment