Benedict Tubuo (Beevest)

View Benedict Tubuo (Beevest)'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Caveat Emptor - 3 Reasons To Be Scared Of eBay [View article]
    This is by far the most informative responses I have seen on an SA article even with some obvious biases. eBay and SA should be proud of the quality of members that follow EBAY. I am better by reading the comments.
    Mar 13 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pizza Inn Inc: On The Verge Of A Breakout [View article]
    The least you should do is read the article. All sources cited and sections highlighted for your convenience. The 10Q is posted and highlighted and a comparative data page from Scottrade is also added. RPE link is added which would have helped if you read it. Inform your opinion before you ask a question so it actually adds value rather than asking to be fed with opinions. That way we both gain from the interaction
    Mar 11 07:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pizza Inn Inc: On The Verge Of A Breakout [View article]
    "The most glaring challenge for Pizza Inn Inc. at this time is growing same store sales, tight margins and rising commodity prices."
    I took this from the last section (VERDICT) of the article.

I also checked comp data to make sure that its degredation was not deeper. We agree that the concept is sexy and I think 18 stores plus 8 will provide more synergy to the brand than simply adding up the stores individually.
    Mar 11 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pizza Inn Inc: On The Verge Of A Breakout [View article]
    Here are my definitions:
    Value - solid company across the board including leadership and metrics but under priced.
    Growth - has potential, the tools and on the way of turning potential into reality.
    The comments from the new CEO and imminent new Pie Five stores is where I see growth. If Pizza Inn Inc. had not tested the Pie Five concept for as long as it did I would have been worried about it.
    Mar 11 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caveat Emptor - 3 Reasons To Be Scared Of eBay [View article]
    I concur - I think we are making the same point
    Mar 11 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caveat Emptor - 3 Reasons To Be Scared Of eBay [View article]
    The people at eBay did me no wrong so I am glad to be wrong. That does not mean I cannot be bothered by what I see especially if I am backing it up with data or market analysis.
    Mar 11 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Needs The Swagger Of A Boss [View article]
    Adrian - you read in-between the lines there - good reading. I did not want to get into much detail about that to keep it short. But my thought along those lines was that if Samsung does not get in line Google could start feeding Sony and some of the more capable manufacturers the more recent versions so they can get competitive.
    Mar 9 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Needs The Swagger Of A Boss [View article]
    I could have replaced assets with a different word to eliminate any ambiguity. I don't know that I agree with you that those items are overhead unless I am giving your usage of that wordd too much of an accounting meaning.
    Mar 9 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon Just Got Rid Of Its Last Excuse - Now What? [View article]
    The 'Oracle Of Omaha' himself stays away from "internet" stocks. You would not be the first one if you followed him in that direction.
    Mar 4 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Courage Where Art Thou? I Want To Short Amazon [View article]
    Let me give you the square root of the summary. We can do inbox messages for the long version. Sector movements with WMT, TGT and BBY, technicals starting to be predictable, collecting gains, and finally I feel like I can trade it now instead of sitting on it.
    Mar 3 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Courage Where Art Thou? I Want To Short Amazon [View article]
    The way I look at it - avoiding risk avoids returns. I could risk it up (long) or down (short), I was risking up at the time.
    Mar 3 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon Just Got Rid Of Its Last Excuse - Now What? [View article]
    Do you think he is not deserving of what he walked away with?
    Mar 3 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Office DeMaxpot - 2 Is Not Twice As Good [View article]
    I could have bought something at Office Max and tried to return it at Office Depot. So anything but the current names.
    Feb 28 04:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'De-Bestbuyification' Of Consumer Electronics [View article]
    You ought to share that vision with them so they can start moving but that is very feasible. Some sections of the newly remodelled stores look like Samsung stores already with a few changes.
    Feb 24 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment