Benjamin Goldman

View Benjamin Goldman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google Looks Like A Pre-Surge Apple With Less Risk [View article]
    I'd like to make one clarification: I believe Google is still a good buy at $800 (although many people obviously disagree), but I haven't run the numbers on Apple's current valuation so I'm not quite sure whether Apple or Google is the better buy. Just from eyeballing it, Apple actually looks kind of cheap at its current price.
    Feb 26, 2013. 09:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yelp Is A Good Company, But There Is Still Room For Decline [View article]
    The stock is overvalued, but the idea itself it good. I believe analysts and investors have high expectations that even a good company cannot meet
    Nov 2, 2012. 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Happened To Zynga? [View article]
    I know I'm in the extreme minority about being bearish on Zynga, but I doubt Facebook would buy them until Zynga shares get really low. At $3, that's $2.35 billion and I don't think Facebook would bite until the $1.2 billion to $1.5 billion mark. I know Facebook has plenty of cash and could afford $2.35 billion, but they have never made an acquisition above $1 billion (Instagram) and it's starting to look like they drastically overpaid for that.
    Nov 1, 2012. 01:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft An Attractive Buy As Its Dividend Grows? [View article]
    I know AT&T's dividend is much higher than Microsoft's. I meant more that Microsoft will be brought up along side AT&T in conversations about blue chips stocks with strong dividend yields
    Sep 20, 2012. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Long On Comcast [View article]
    I think they're going to do more vertical integration before they pick up another competitor. I think at this point, anti-trust laws can come into play.
    Jul 20, 2012. 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Groupon At The End Of Its Descent? [View article]
    Yeah, Groupon shares right now can be described as a "moving train". Best to stay out of the way.
    Apr 18, 2012. 02:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are We All Wrong About Salesforce.com? [View article]
    I think you're thinking of Taleo which does Talent Management products
    Apr 13, 2012. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are We All Wrong About Salesforce.com? [View article]
    My thought on Linkedin is that it is overvalued, but a lot of its competitors like Moster are much more overvalued.
    Apr 13, 2012. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AOL Buys Time With Patent Sale [View article]
    I agree. News of the patent sale won't affect AOL's stock price after the big spike today and after considering that deal, the company is still overvalued.
    Apr 9, 2012. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A High-Risk Portfolio Modeled After mREITs [View article]
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try and get that fixed.
    Apr 5, 2012. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo (YHOO) expects annual savings of ~$375M from the layoffs, but will take a pretax charge of $125M-$145M and may incur more related charges. Yahoo says it's identified "a select group of core businesses" that it will focus on," although it doesn't reveal what those ops are. What a tease. Shares reverse premarket losses and are +0.5%  [View news story]
    I hope they fire Chris Chase.
    Apr 4, 2012. 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Taking Profits Is Not The Best Strategy [View article]
    Systematic risk is macroeconomic risk, so fluctuations in the whole market. Systemic risk is when the market fails, like if the NYSE went out of business or every bank went under.
    Apr 4, 2012. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Rate My Article 5 Stars!! [View instapost]
    SA was having a contest where the author of the article in the "Best SA Articles of All Time as Chosen By Their Authors" list with the most 5 star ratings would win an iPad. I didn't win unfortunately.
    Apr 4, 2012. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Taking Profits Is Not The Best Strategy [View article]
    Well the theory says that over time, standard deviation increase by a factor of sqrt(t) so time actually increases risk which makes sense when you think about it.
    Apr 3, 2012. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Taking Profits Is Not The Best Strategy [View article]
    Much like housing prices, it can never go down.
    Apr 3, 2012. 11:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment