Benjamin Goldman

View Benjamin Goldman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Waiting To Short Groupon Is A Good Idea [View article]
    there doesn't need to be much of a following because only 5% of the company was floated. you also have to take into account all of the mutual funds and etfs that wanted groupon to add to high tech growth funds
    Nov 6 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Waiting To Short Groupon Is A Good Idea [View article]
    i think this article about not shorting groupon yet is the nicest thing anyone on SA has said
    Nov 5 09:05 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding The Bull Case For Salesforce.com [View article]
    I'm very much on your side when it comes to thinking about CRM. But my experience with the stock is that it keeps going up regardless of how bad its earnings get because of insiders and big investors like Larry Ellison holding a large portion of the shares. When do you think it's finally going to drop off the table?
    Nov 4 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Short On GameStop [View article]
    I think it comes down to digital media retail being a no-sum game since it's so competitive and the retailers have very little bargaining power. I think Netflix is different and I think they can be profitable long term. Their case was more of the stock itself being very overvalued.
    Nov 2 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix's Price Drop Is Precursor - These Companies Could Be Next [View article]
    I think that's a little low, I would say $30-$35. But $5-$10 is definitely possible, especially if the company doesn't change anything. A lot of people think there's value in LinkedIn being the new center for recruiting and job hunting, which would prop its value up if it could put job search sites out of business
    Oct 26 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    i'm not a fan of the stock, i think it's very overvalued. however, i don't think the bubble will burst until after the facebook IPO because people are still hopping on the social networking bandwagon
    Oct 26 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, but it has to go public before we all start shorting it.
    Oct 25 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yup, I work in the building with the Apple flagship store on 5th Avenue in NYC. There has been a line of at least 100 people for the last week
    Oct 25 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, I didn't include all of them because there are so many. VMW and CRM are 2 that I watch. I actually have an article pending about CMG
    Oct 25 12:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, they definitely don't make money on the Kindle Fire itself, but they will attempt to profit on the media that's sold through it. At first, it's going to kill margins, but revenue will be way up
    Oct 25 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Computer Hardware Companies After Last Week's Earnings [View article]
    I definitely agree with you about going long on components, they obviously have the upper hand in negotiating. I also like cloud and mobile applications because that's the future, but there are very few companies in that space that aren't already highly valued. 2009 was the time to hop on the cloud bandwagon.
    Oct 24 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sprint Is A Bargain At Its Current Price [View article]
    I did an article on telecoms using a lot more quantitative analysis a couple months ago and although Spring wasn't in my top 2 or bottom 2, it was near the bottom. It definitely deserves to be priced low and deserved its huge price drop, but if they make any kind of a recovery, investors can make a huge profit.
    Oct 19 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco Mortgage Capital's 25% Yield Is Just A Smokescreen [View article]
    sorry, i've been busy and haven't been able to do the research yet
    Oct 4 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco Mortgage Capital's 25% Yield Is Just A Smokescreen [View article]
    I agree with you all that my article is very light on analysis, but I intended for this to be a short article that just scrapes the surface. I intend to write another mREIT article later this week that's a lot more in-depth and validates what I say in this article.
    Sep 28 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top European Banks Are Too Leveraged To Survive A Debt Crisis [View article]
    William,

I used Total Debt to Equity on Google Finance. Banks also have short term and long term liabilities, which I did not include in my numbers because they do not have to pay interest rates for these liabilities and they are generally from operating activities. These banks all have higher Liabilities/Equity ratios, normally at or over 1000% for American banks when you include operating liabilities
    Sep 14 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment