Benjamin Goldman

View Benjamin Goldman's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Intel Is A Good Value Buy [View article]
    I'm a big fan of Microsoft too (more that Intel), but I wrote an article about them a couple months ago and really have nothing new to say.
    Dec 5 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is A Good Value Buy [View article]
    To be honest, I didn't take that much time writing this article. I just wanted to express my thought that Intel was a good value buy with some supporting evidence. There are definitely better values out there, but Intel can easily be included in a well diversified portfolio.
    Dec 5 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Upside And Downside Of Betting On Financials [View article]
    I agree with a lot of your points and like your portfolio strategy. I'm a big fan of US Discount Stores. With your strategy, you might want to look into Utilities Companies like CEG and ED or maybe even Kraft (KFT) and McDonald's (MCD)
    Dec 5 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Should Take Away From Groupon's Big Drop [View article]
    you need to pray for SEC sanctions. Groupon is gonna be an expensive short because the fluctuations in price make no sense and the stock could go up to $30-ish at any time. are you short selling or long puts?
    Nov 23 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Angie's List Part Of The New Tech Bubble? [View article]
    UPDATE: Angie's List's share price jumped 30 percent after the IPO, further showing how investors are anxious to get their hands on these dot com stocks.
    Nov 17 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Finally Drops: What This Means For Other Bubbles [View article]
    the 15 cents is Diluted Normalized EPS on 137.04 million Diluted average weighted shares according to Google Finance, so it does include the stock compensation that salesforce.com doesn't like to include. And I agree that Benioff will try to spin the earnings into a good thing and investors might eat it up and still buy. I'm just hoping this earnings report is what finally triggers this bubble to burst
    Nov 10 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Makes For A Good Value Buy [View article]
    last month was a good opportunity. euro stocks are also pretty cheap right now, but a lot riskier than 2009 in my opinion
    Nov 10 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Expect From Zynga [View article]
    Thanks for your input. A lot of what you say is very true and your opinion is much more value added than mine since you actually worked for Zynga. Of all the big tech IPOs this year and coming up next year, I think that Zynga is by far the closest to being correct in terms of value. Your 5 year estimate of Zynga being the leader is definitely plausible. The only problem is what I mentioned about the potential for earnings to drop off before analysts expect it to do so. That can kill stock prices.
    Nov 10 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Waiting To Short Groupon Is A Good Idea [View article]
    there doesn't need to be much of a following because only 5% of the company was floated. you also have to take into account all of the mutual funds and etfs that wanted groupon to add to high tech growth funds
    Nov 6 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Short On GameStop [View article]
    I think it comes down to digital media retail being a no-sum game since it's so competitive and the retailers have very little bargaining power. I think Netflix is different and I think they can be profitable long term. Their case was more of the stock itself being very overvalued.
    Nov 2 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix's Price Drop Is Precursor - These Companies Could Be Next [View article]
    I think that's a little low, I would say $30-$35. But $5-$10 is definitely possible, especially if the company doesn't change anything. A lot of people think there's value in LinkedIn being the new center for recruiting and job hunting, which would prop its value up if it could put job search sites out of business
    Oct 26 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    i'm not a fan of the stock, i think it's very overvalued. however, i don't think the bubble will burst until after the facebook IPO because people are still hopping on the social networking bandwagon
    Oct 26 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, but it has to go public before we all start shorting it.
    Oct 25 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, they definitely don't make money on the Kindle Fire itself, but they will attempt to profit on the media that's sold through it. At first, it's going to kill margins, but revenue will be way up
    Oct 25 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Computer Hardware Companies After Last Week's Earnings [View article]
    I definitely agree with you about going long on components, they obviously have the upper hand in negotiating. I also like cloud and mobile applications because that's the future, but there are very few companies in that space that aren't already highly valued. 2009 was the time to hop on the cloud bandwagon.
    Oct 24 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment