View Benzinga's Articles BY TICKER:
AAL, AAPL, ACOM, AINV, ALAN, AMZN, ANF, AOL, ARGT, AVP, AXFN, AZO, BABA, BAMM, BBH, BBRY, BBY, BGPIQ, BP, BRK.A, BVN, BX, BXP, CAJ, CARZ, CASC, CAT, CBS, CHFN, CHK, CISG, CLX, CMCM, CMDT, COH, CP, CROC, CSCO, CUT, CVX, DE, DG, DGRE, DIA, DIN, DIS, DKS, DNDN, DXBGF, DXBGY, ECH, EEHB, EEMV, EGPT, EIS, ELD, EMCB, EMDG, EMHY, ENZL, EPHE, EPI, EWG, EWI, EWM, EWW, EWZ, F, FB, FDO, FNI, FSLR, FVD, FXA, FXL, GDX, GDXJ, GIS, GLD, GMCR, GOOG, GREK, HMY, HSH, HTBI, HYD, HYG, IBB, IBM, INTC, INXX, IPW, IQDE, ISRA, IVW, IWM, IXC, JCP, JOE, JPM, JWN, KO, KR, LCUT, LIT, LVS, M, MCD, MFGLQ, MIPS, MLPA, MMM, MS, MSCI, MSFT, MSXX, MTUM, NAT, NAV, NDN, NEAR, NFLX, NGE, NKE, NOG, NOK, NSC, NTAP, NTDOY, NVS, OLED, OPEN, ORCL, P, PALL, PAYX, PBJ, PEP, PFE, PHOT, PIE, PMBC, PNQI, QCOM, QDEF, QSR, RCL, RHT, RL, ROCK, S, SAP, SBUX, SIRI, SKYY, SLV, SLX, SMH, SOCL, SPY, STNR, T, TAP, TCEHY, TDIV, TGT, THD, TIF, TJX, TLB, TM, TSLA, TUR, TWTR, UA, UNP, UPS, UUP, VLTC, VNM, VWO, WEN, WHR, WLT, WMT, WTSL, WWE, XLE, XLK, XLY, YCS, YHOO, ZAGG, ZNGA
4 Tips For Investors To Learn More About Private Equity
- The private equity mindset is more successful than attempting to day- or swing-trade the well-known popular stocks.
- The private equity industry is that it will allow you to spot opportunities and trends before they make their way to Wall Street and into the mainstream media.
- Following what is going on in the private equity industry can help make you more money.
Hetty Green: The Grandmother Of Value Investing
Jun. 28, 2014 • 15 Comments
- Most investors today are not aware that the idea of value investing also has a cantankerous grandmother figure.
- Her investment philosophy was pretty simple, too. She invested conservatively most of the time, and held back lots of cash.
- The Witch of Wall Street believed that "More money is made in the end by an over-supply of caution than by indiscriminate recklessness."
3 Reasons To Quit Trying For The Impossible With Your Investments
Jun. 18, 2014 • 4 Comments
- Good information isn't always enough.
- Guessing what will happen and then how the market will react is a waste of time, and more importantly, a waste of money the vast majority of the time.
- Instead of trying to emulate Jesse Livermore and Paul Tudor Jones, investors should aspire to be the next Leon Black or David Rubenstein.
5 Smart Money Managers Taking A Shine To Gold Miners
- Just because a particular sector or industry has seen difficult times and prices have declined to bargain levels does not necessarily mean a turnaround is imminent.
- In 2014, there have been many private equity firms taking interest in the gold miners.
- Gold mining stocks have been hit hard as the price of the metal has fallen.
The Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF: Up 3 Straight Weeks
- The last time the Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF finished the day in the red was on May 20.
- The smaller SPDR S&P Semiconductor ETF is also breaking out to new highs.
- A pullback on light to average volume that remains under 5 percent could offer patient investors an opportunity to buy at a lower price in the weeks ahead.
Brazil ETFs Rally Into World Cup
- The main catalyst for the recent rally has to do with the declining approval rating for current president, Dilma Rousseff.
- The news regarding the president's approval rating sent shares of the iShares MSCI Brazil ETF higher Friday.
- Investors that believe the financial sector will be the biggest winner with a change in leadership could consider the Global X Brazil Financials ETF.
3 Stocks To Profit Like Bank Stock Activists
- The Shiller PE ratio is currently 25.9, which gives a forward return projection of less than one percent over the next five years.
- Investors should focus on sound banks that are trading at low levels when compared to their book value.
- The community banking sector has a very attractive risk/reward setup regardless of what the overall stock market does over the next several years.
6 Books Every Value Investor Should Read This Summer
Jun. 2, 2014 • Comment!
- There will be a wide selection of new releases to enjoy for lovers of every genre.
- Any book that can reference Zed Thorpe and Warren Buffett in the same chapter is one all traders have to read.
- The Einstein of Money, Joe Carlen's biography of Benjamin Graham, is also a must-read for serious investors.
4 ETFs To Help Bet On Brazil's Soccer Team
- According the Goldman report, the win by Brazil will boost its stock market in the first month after winning the event.
- Investors looking to play the overall large-cap Brazilian stock market could consider the iShares MSCI Brazil Capped ETF as an option.
- A popular option over the last few years has been the EGShares Brazil Infrastructure ETF.
7 Stocks To Watch Ahead Of This Week's Housing Market Data
- The major event on the economic docket for the week starting May 19 is the release of the FOMC minutes from last month's Fed meeting on Wednesday.
- Economists are expecting reasonably strong sales growth in April compared to a contraction in March.
- Traders should be able to profit from going long these names ahead of this coming week's new and existing home sales data -- if the numbers are good.
Catching Up With The BRIC ETFs
- The once-popular BRIC countries have soured over the last couple of years as performance has lacked peers.
- Even with Russian equities trading at low single-digit valuations, investors are hesitant to invest in the country due to abnormally high geopolitical risk.
- However, the world's largest election ended last week with a new ruling party in India that many view as pro-business, causing the Indian stock market an all-time high.
Indian ETFs Rally On Election Victory
- India is the world’s largest democracy, and with 1.2 billion people, it has one-sixth of the entire population of the world within its borders.
- The major Indian stock indices had been rallying all last week, and hit a new all-time high on Friday after the announcement.
- INDA is a basket of 70 mainly large-cap stocks with a heavy emphasis on financials, IT and energy.
The Most Overvalued S&P 500 Stock Is...?
- The huge size of those P/E ratios feed into the belief of many that the stock market is overvalued (some would say grossly overvalued) and ready to tumble.
- The big rally since March 2009 has pushed prices sharply higher.
- A look at overvalued stocks by forward P/E.
3 ETFs To Buy On Weakness
- While there are numerous ETFs hitting highs along with the major indices, even more lag behind the market, hurt by sector rotation the last few weeks.
- XHB had pulled back over 11 percent from a multi-year high before finding a floor late last week.
- Investors that believe there is money to be made in the green energy space could consider GEX.
- Over the past few days, IAT has been forming a base, as the selling appears to have subsided.
The 5 Most Overvalued Dow Stocks
- The 30 stocks in the Dow itself are probably not overvalued.
- The group includes two of the four most valuable companies in the world: Exxon Mobil, with a market cap of $440 billion, and Microsoft, whose market cap is $334 billion.
- Visa is seeing growth around the world. It also expects, like Nike, to be a winner from the World Cup.
Bond ETFs Outperforming Stocks
- The fear of rising interest rates as the FOMC continues to taper the monthly asset-purchasing program has kept a large number of investors away from bond ETFs.
- The iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF is up 8.9 percent this year and recently hit a nine-month high.
- Market Vectors High-Yield Municipal Bond ETF has an impressive gain of 7.5 percent when including the monthly dividend.
Time To Buy ETFs Officially In A Bear Market
May. 1, 2014 • Comment!
- A correction is typically considered a 10 percent pullback in the price of the asset or index.
- Two ETFs in particular are in niche sectors that could be considered cutting-edge, as they deal with technologies that are still emerging.
- A recent downgrade of several Chinese solar stocks by Credit Suisse put pressure on the sector.
Pharmaceutical ETFs Surge On M&A Activity
- The big news came on Monday night when it began to leak that Valeant Pharmaceuticals was going to make a bid for Allergan, the maker of Botox.
- The flurry of M&A activity has helped the sector rebound from a nasty sell-off that was led by the biotech stocks over the last month.
- The Market Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF is different than the first two listed because it invests in companies outside of the U.S.
Comparing Beyond BRIC ETFs
- Brazil has had major struggles over the last couple of years, while Russia in engrossed in geopolitical uncertainty.
- The EG Shares Beyond BRICS ETF is the largest of the ETFs in this niche category with $22.3 million in assets.
- Another new entry into the sector is the SPDR MSCI EM Beyond BRIC ETF with $6 million in assets.
International ETFs Showing Strength
- SPY breached the 50-day moving average for the second time this year during the pullback before attempting to rally this week.
- The beauty of NGE is that investors are able to gain access to a wide range of stocks and sectors within Nigeria.
- EPHE has quietly put together a solid 2014 with a gain over 13 percent for the year.
- THD is benefiting from investors looking past the current situation and investing for the long-term positive outlook of Thailand.
SEC Halts Trading Of Growlife: Here's Why
- Based on “concerns regarding the accuracy and adequacy of information in the marketplace and potentially manipulative transactions in GrowLife’s common stock."
- Since April 3, Hunt has sold off more than 500,000 shares of Growlife.
- In contrast to FINRA’s grim outlook for the sector, the cannabis space has been incredibly bullish for traders.
Momentum ETF Seeks High-Beta Stocks
- The iShares MSCI USA Momentum Factor ETF is designed to choose a subset of large and mid-cap stocks that have the highest excess returns.
- This ETF can potentially be used as a tactical vehicle for traders who want to capitalize on companies with high growth potential as opposed to value characteristics.
- During the month of March, MTUM tumbled 3.43 percent as investors pulled back their appetite for risk and moved to defensive sectors.
5 REITs Worth Researching
- Yields are generally higher than most equities because a REIT returns a large portion of its profits back to its shareholders.
- With an enterprise value of $21.5 billion, American Realty is the largest net lease REIT in the country.
- The self-storage industry continues to be a hot investment.
Investors Fleeing Treasury ETFs
- SHY was the leader in withdrawals, as it lost one-third of its assets under management during the month.
- As interest rates increase the value of the underlying bonds move in the opposite direction and lose value.
- Last week, TLT hit its highest level since July 2013.
ETFs Shrugging Off The Selling
- There are a handful of ETFs that have been able to avoid the recent pickup in selling and have shown above-average relative strength.
- The WisdomTree Equity Income ETF tracks a fundamentally weighted index of 406 stocks that pay some of the highest dividend yields.
- The basket of 26 holdings hit the highest level in a decade this week led by a breakout in the ETF's largest holding, Intel.
A New Brazil Rally In ETFs?
- The iShares MSCI Brazil Index ETF has gained over six percent in the last week.
- The EG Shares Brazil Infrastructure ETF is up five percent this week, but remains lower by 26.5 percent over the last year.
- $151 million Market Vectors Brazil Small Cap ETF is along for the ride this week, however over the last year it has lagged its peers with a loss.
3 ETFs Poised To Bounce
- KWEB, the niche international ETF, is a basket of 28 Chinese stocks that concentrate on the Internet sector.
- Pulling back in a similar fashion to KWEB, the social media stocks are taking a breather after hitting a high earlier this month.
- The top three stocks in the LIT basket are the world leaders in lithium production, and if the trend continues towards more lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles, it could be a long-term boost to the stocks and the ETF.
- 2 Green Energy ETF Momentum Plays
- Outside The Box REIT ETFs
- ETFs On The Move After The Fed
- Bargain Hunting For Steel Stocks
- 3 ETFs Beating The Market To New Highs