Big Babu

View Big Babu's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Shop For A 5% Yield At Sainsbury [View article]
    I remember the last time I checked, they pay out dividend twice a year. The interim dividend is always much less than the final dividend for the year. You can always check the company's Investor's Relations page for details. Besides the exchange rate, ADR fees are another issue.
    May 22, 2014. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uninspiring conference call from Coach adds to swoon in shares [View news story]
    I like COH, but the current sales trend is worrisome. KORS and KATE seems to be in favour these days... not just by wall street but by customers as well. COH might need to reinvent itself before things turn around.

Looking to see when a bottom kicks in. I'm happy to sell puts on this stock especially if it flatlines in the next little while.
    Apr 29, 2014. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Puts In Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) Was A Good Trade, But Buying The Shares On The Dip Post Earnings Was A Great Trade [View instapost]
    Lefty, how big are your CLF positions? Have you ever considered selling put options as a way to enter your trade? The put premium is very generous on stocks like CLF!
    Apr 28, 2014. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Sell Puts In Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) To Get Long At A Discount [View instapost]
    Great idea Robert! Glad to see I'm not the only one selling puts on CLF!
    Apr 27, 2014. 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    Hi all,

I just want to let people know that I recently started a blog at http://bit.ly/PkTu5i where I plan to document my trades and discuss possible trade ideas. The blog will also allow me to monitor my existing positions, along with setting up watch lists for stocks and options.

This blog is still pretty much work in progress, so expect to see major changes and renovations in the near future. New features will be added to allow better performance tracking and position monitoring. Feedback/suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

BB
    Apr 20, 2014. 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    I can access the address you posted, and I can see the dividend amount and date. Yahoo occasionally has issues, but most of the problem is due to the custom APIs running on the google spreadsheet timing out.
    Jan 13, 2014. 05:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    Hi SI,

I'm currently developing a website for this. My initial goal was to create something so that I can keep track of my personal option positions and also have a stock/options watch list that I can monitor regularly. If there is sufficient interest, I will allow users to sign up and allow them to add and monitor their own positions too.

I will announce the website as soon as the interface is complete.

Thanks,

BB
    Jan 8, 2014. 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    If you made a copy of the Google spreadsheet I shared, you are all set. You can either edit the rows or duplicate them. Look at the formula under the "Dividend" column to see the GoogleFinanceAddOn function.
    Oct 21, 2013. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    Prices will refresh when you first load the spreadsheet, and periodically if you keep it open during trading hours.
    Oct 21, 2013. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    Hi AP,
    You can find the shared google spreadsheet here:

Just select "File->Make a copy" and edit away!

BB
    Oct 14, 2013. 12:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Federal Reserve Ready To Act With Its Comedy-Tragedy Mask [View article]
    Just a few points shy of 1700 on the S&P and the talking heads say that taper has largely been priced in. So without all this tapering talk we would be at 1800 already?? What a resilient market!
    Sep 13, 2013. 08:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    You're very welcome SkipK! I'm glad you are putting it to good use.

I look at my list almost on a daily basis :)
    Sep 1, 2013. 08:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Google Spreadsheet As Your Watch List [View article]
    That sounds like a great plan SkipK. There's always time value to be sold!
    Aug 19, 2013. 06:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Silver And Silver Wheaton Keep Falling? [View article]
    If the Fed reduces asset purchase, us dollar goes up and silver goes down. If market goes down, then us dollar goes up and silver goes down. If market goes up, then silver goes down.

So the moral of the story is -- silver goes down.
    May 17, 2013. 03:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Banks In The Great White North: Bank Of Montreal [View article]
    I like your strategy surfgeezer! TFSA for me since its tax free.
    Jan 3, 2013. 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment