BigRiverReport

View BigRiverReport's Comments BY TICKER:
  • IBM: Checking The Corporate Temperature [View article]
    Thank you Arne. I am contacting IBM to get their response to your article.
    May 6 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: Checking The Corporate Temperature [View article]
    Thank you deanbowker.
    May 6 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: Checking The Corporate Temperature [View article]
    In response to the two above, in that case, IBM needs to eliminate their media contact positions and not pay multiple people salaries to respond to these requests. However, since IBM is employing people to answer media requests, then these people need to be doing their jobs and responding to the requests.
    May 6 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: Checking The Corporate Temperature [View article]
    You are wrong Cre8Value. I apologized for not going through the correct channel to reach APA CEO. I stated in an article that APA CEO was unresponsive to an email. APA CEO responded that the email never reached him. I apologized for that.
    May 6 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: CEO Rometty's Challenge [View article]
    I have read and appreciate all of the above posts. Thank you!
    Apr 29 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM's Earnings: 2 Strikes On CEO Rometty [View article]
    Thank you for checking on past call attendance. I believe this time is different, because the quarter was such a disaster. IBM appears to be facing serious challenges from Cloud Computing and the CEO needs to step up and address the problems and proposed solutions so that investors can make informed decisions.
    Apr 23 11:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM's Earnings: 2 Strikes On CEO Rometty [View article]
    zoroast100, in my view, CEO compensation only excessive when the CEO doesn't earn it. I'm glad for CEOs to reach for the stars and to get paid incredible sums when they perform (performing CEOs add to value chain and bring benefits to many). I believe that outsized compensation is justified to motivate CEOs and for accepting the enormous responsibility. However, I agree with you 100% about failing CEOs losing money while productive workers lose their jobs. As you say, it is a shame. While I'm in favor of giving people time to execute, there is no excuse for allowing a failing CEO to stay on the job. The stakeholders (Board, shareholders, employees, ect) are the only parties who can bring about a CEO change and that is why I write the articles. I hope that bringing attention to failure will either motivate the CEO to perform or motivate the stakeholders to call for the CEO to be replaced.
    Apr 22 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM's Earnings: 2 Strikes On CEO Rometty [View article]
    Thank you BlueOkie!
    Apr 22 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM's Earnings: 2 Strikes On CEO Rometty [View article]
    I read all of your messages above. I accept your criticism. I agree that IBM has been a great long term hold. I'm trying to do my part to make sure it stays that way.
    Apr 22 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Heinz: Check Your Mailbox [View article]
    Right on Fred! I have casted my No Vote!
    Apr 4 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apache: An Apology And Review Of Its Outlook [View article]
    Apr 2 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apache, Calling Out The CEO [View article]
    Mar 28 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apache, Calling Out The CEO [View article]
    Mar 28 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apache, Calling Out The CEO [View article]
    Thank you tex805. Apache has reached out since this article was written. We are having a constructive dialogue, and I aim to have a follow up article written within the next week based on these discussions.
    Mar 28 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apache, Calling Out The CEO [View article]
    Thank you pentiuminvestor. Yes, such an action as you describe it is indeed a travesty. I am not familiar with the lawsuit.

This is America, we have freedom of speech.

A CEO has a right to run a business without torturous interference and an article expressing a negative opinion of the CEO's performance and compensation would not qualify as torturous interference. It's my guess that the situation you are referring to was elevated to a level where the CEO is making a case that he is unable to conduct his business due to certain actions taken by the investor.

I am trying to work with management or find someone who is better positioned than I am to work with management in order to right the ship.

APA could provide an outstanding opportunity for investors if the company outlines a strategy for growing shareholder value that makes sense, sets clear goals and objectives to achieving this strategy and executes and achieves the goals and objectives.

This is America! The article is not an attack on any individual or company. I am simply looking for an opportunity to make money, and in doing so I hope that my actions will help make Apache stronger for all of the stakeholders.
    Mar 21 05:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment