Bill Gunderson

View Bill Gunderson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should Investors Buy Wal-Mart For The Holidays? [View article]
    I like GROWTH along with my Dividends

See my other articles.
    Nov 15, 2011. 08:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Investors Buy Wal-Mart For The Holidays? [View article]
    Ross Stores (ROST), TJ Maxx (TJX), and the Dollar stores are winning the race.
    Nov 15, 2011. 08:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brasil Foods, A Great Way To Invest In Brazil's Booming Economy [View article]
    Al, you have to keep in mind the growth rate of Brazil Foods. Most food companies are very slow growers i.e. Kraft, ADM, Sara Leet, etc. You have to reward growth with a higher PE.
    Nov 10, 2011. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Current Take On Qualcomm [View article]
    Iphone 4

the app works on any iPhone. It will be android ready soon
    Nov 2, 2011. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE Dividend Vs. McDonald's Dividend: Both Companies Report Today [View article]
    I'll bet you a big mac value meal that you are wrong!
    Oct 20, 2011. 06:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Good luck with your forecasts!
    Oct 20, 2011. 06:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I could not disagree with you more. Skinner runs circles around the inept Immelt. Don't forget, Immelt runs the President's Job's Commission. I suppose you feel that he is doing a good job there too. Nevertheless, I respect your opinion and good luck with your GE stock. I am staying with my Happy Meal.
    Oct 20, 2011. 03:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: For Dividends and Growth [View article]
    Over the last decade, Kinder Morgan has kept it's payout ratio at a very conservative rate of between 50%-60%. Do you really think that the company is going to be insolvent? Did you review that long track record of steady dividend increases over that last decade? I think management knows what they are doing.

Here is a good analysis that you may want to read before you make a statement like that.

Oct 10, 2011. 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: For Dividends and Growth [View article]
    I hate cake without icing!
    Oct 7, 2011. 06:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Church & Dwight Clobbers Procter & Gamble Among Consumer Staples [View article]
    My assistant made a very good point after reading the CHD article. He said that CHD's brands are the ones that Dollar Tree sells. DLTR is one of my largest holding and it is flourishing in this lousy economy! As far as ZEP goes, I love Led Zeppelin, but not ZEP.
    Sep 22, 2011. 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends Plus Growth Equals 'The Best of Both Worlds' [View article]
    The S&P 500 was down 38.5% in 2008, not "about 50%." AT%T has averaged 5.5% TOTAL RETURN over the last three years. That means that Capital Appreciation has been negative. Pfizer has gone down by 3.8% (TOTAL RETURN) over the last five years. There are obviously many people who agree with you on these two dogs, as they continue to plow many into them. I have found that it is best to not go along with the crowd.
    Sep 19, 2011. 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends Plus Growth Equals 'The Best of Both Worlds' [View article]
    Is that the same Morningstart Premium that gives AT&T four stars and Terra Nitrolgen zero stars? I would ask for my money back if I were you.

If you really want to do your own due diligence. Go to Yahoo.com and look up the adjusted price of KMP 3, 5, and 10 years ago today. Do the same of ^GSPC (S & P 500). It is just simple math.
    Sep 19, 2011. 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends Plus Growth Equals 'The Best of Both Worlds' [View article]
    I am not here to mislead anyone. The article is based on facts. Your investment in AT&T over the last ten years has averaged 0.7% per year TOTAL RETURN. If you are happy with that, then why not buy a good CD that has a lot less risk?
    Sep 19, 2011. 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Continue To Adjust Your Portfolios For A Bear Market [View article]
    I have heard the blue chip stock dividend argument before and I could not disagree more. GE was down 54% in 2008 and that includes the "dividend." GE has gone backwards by 6.4% per year over the last ten years and that includes the dividend. Pfizer as gone backwards by 3.9% per year for the last ten years and that includes the dividend. Why would you hold on to mediocre stocks, just to collect the "dividend?" Makes no sense at all. Having said that, why not own great stocks that pay dividends and deliver capital appreciation. Check out the income portfolio in my weekly newsletter for examples. www.pwstreet.com/newsl.../
    Sep 6, 2011. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Autozone Gets An 'A' With Ease [View article]
    Please, don't ruin a good thing like Autozone by combining it with a crappy stock like SHLD.
    Aug 28, 2011. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment