Bill Gunderson

View Bill Gunderson's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • My Current Take On Qualcomm [View article]
    Iphone 4

the app works on any iPhone. It will be android ready soon
    Nov 2 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: For Dividends and Growth [View article]
    Over the last decade, Kinder Morgan has kept it's payout ratio at a very conservative rate of between 50%-60%. Do you really think that the company is going to be insolvent? Did you review that long track record of steady dividend increases over that last decade? I think management knows what they are doing.

Here is a good analysis that you may want to read before you make a statement like that.

Oct 10 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continue To Adjust Your Portfolios For A Bear Market [View article]
    I have heard the blue chip stock dividend argument before and I could not disagree more. GE was down 54% in 2008 and that includes the "dividend." GE has gone backwards by 6.4% per year over the last ten years and that includes the dividend. Pfizer as gone backwards by 3.9% per year for the last ten years and that includes the dividend. Why would you hold on to mediocre stocks, just to collect the "dividend?" Makes no sense at all. Having said that, why not own great stocks that pay dividends and deliver capital appreciation. Check out the income portfolio in my weekly newsletter for examples. www.pwstreet.com/newsl.../
    Sep 6 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Autozone Gets An 'A' With Ease [View article]
    Please, don't ruin a good thing like Autozone by combining it with a crappy stock like SHLD.
    Aug 28 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Autozone Gets An 'A' With Ease [View article]
    Autozone has been crushing "short-sellers" for years, and it continues to do so. I find it interesting that folks with no biographies at all would bad mouth one of the greatest stocks in the market. Autozone's results speak for themself.
    Aug 26 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar: A Strong Company in an Uncertain Environment [View article]
    If FSLR turns into a great stock, it would be the first Solar Stock to do so. I would short every solar stock that there is. The performance of ETF TAN (solar) has been abysmal. First Solar has gone down 26.1% per year avg. for the last three years.

Check out a chart of ESLR. Once a $113 stock, now a $0.44 stock.

Look out below!
    Aug 5 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish on Carbo Ceramics [View article]
    thanks for kind remarks..i've been trying (without success) to change the status of my article to reflect what everyone who reads my posts or listens to my radio show on KCEO knows: My clients do hold Carbo Ceramics, CRR, and are mighty glad they do.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Jul 25 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Dump Netflix? (NFLX) by Bill Gunderson, http://PWstreet.com [View instapost]
    My grading system takes into accout Value, Performance and Safety. Pure momentum investing is flawed in that it ignores value. Pure Value investing is flawed in that it ignores performance. Many so-called value stocks are cheap for good reason. Also, let's not forget that Netflix was UP 12% in 2008 when the market was under severe duress. That definitely deserves some bonus points! It could be argued that Netflix is a good defensive stock in a bad economy. Much cheaper to stay at home and watch movies than going to the local theater. The popcorn is cheaper too!
    Jun 9 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment