View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTATQ, HIMX, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORB, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet
- Q3 revenues badly missed estimates.
- Balance sheet gets a little tighter.
- Next few quarters will be key.
4 Key Tech Items To Watch In 2015
- 2015 will be a big year in technology.
- Apple Watch is highly anticipated.
- Google and Yahoo shares will be closely watched.
- What happens in social media?
Pepsi Looks Strong For 2015
- Growth forecast favors Pepsi over industry peers.
- Lower gas prices equals more consumer spending.
- Snacks business makes the difference.
- Valuation extremely fair compared to peers.
- Analysts like Pepsi the most.
BlackBerry Estimates Decline As Earnings Approach
- Revenue estimates are heading lower.
- Analysts now expect fiscal 2016 decline.
- Short interest increased in late November.
- Shares have lost the 50-day moving average.
Alibaba: A Reason To Be Positive
- Shares found support at the 50-day moving average.
- While market weak, shares are holding steady.
- Estimates slightly lower, and so is short interest.
Ford Downgrade A Potential Opportunity
- Deutsche Bank downgraded from Buy to Hold.
- Price target kept at $16. Upside now exists.
- Dividend yield shoots higher. Income potential better than bonds.
- Falling gas prices could help boost revenues.
Philip Morris: The Yield Monster Grows
- Shares are at a two-month low.
- Annual yield approaching 4.75%.
- US Treasury yields offer much less.
- Estimates lower, but valuation improved as well.
Apple: A Pullback To Strongly Consider
- Shares are $10 off their all-time high.
- Dividend yield is rising, valuation improving.
- Pullback provides reset of expectations.
- Stock close to 50-day moving average support.
Intel Short Interest Drops After Positive News
- Short interest dropped in November.
- Dividend raise and decent 2015 forecast certainly helped.
- Intel expanding into wearables category.
- Momentum favoring the long side.
Apple: Are We Approaching The Fiscal Q1 Danger Zone?
- Revenue estimates nearing top of company's guidance range.
- Production, not demand, is key for the iPhone.
- Soft sales of other products could make the difference.
- Remember what happened last year.
Amazon Willing To Do Almost Anything, Except Profit?
- Amazon is trying a bunch of new ventures.
- Estimates continue to go lower.
- 2015 may be in more trouble than we thought.
- Will a profit ever come again?
Glu Mobile: Ready To Run?
- Shares starting to recover after insider buy.
- Rise above 50-day moving average could extend breakout.
- Shorts may be forced to cover.
- Valuation fair as growth continues.
Alibaba: Where Things Stand Now
- Revenue estimates on the rise.
- Short interest increasing as expected.
- If shares pull back, 50-day could provide support.
- Expensive stock, but potential exists.
Is Keurig Green Mountain Failing Its Investors?
- Bevyz has failed to sell a product.
- $220 million price seems a bit high just for technology.
- Reduce debt? Buyback? Instant results for bottom line.
BlackBerry: Are We Turning A Corner?
- Fiscal Q3 has ended.
- Phone sales are key to a turnaround.
- Future estimates starting to rise.
- 50-day moving average is providing support.
What's Wrong With Google?
- Shares of Google have tremendously lagged peers.
- The company is finally paying for poor results.
- Growth needs to get back on track.
- The company's cash pile should be put to use.
Philip Morris: A Primer For 2015
- 2014 was a down year for the company.
- Reduced-Risk products highlight 2015 portfolio.
- Improvement expected in results.
- Capital returns key for investors.
Will Santa Bring A Change To The Dow?
- The Dow 30 is becoming top-heavy.
- Visa will soon approach a 10% weight.
- Less balance may require change.
Apple: How Realistic Is A $1 Trillion Market Cap?
- Apple recently hit $700 billion market cap.
- What needs to happen for $1 trillion?
- Let's break down the math a couple of different ways.
SodaStream: The Carnage Continues
- Estimates continue to fall after Q3 report.
- Rebound chances decline as we approach Keurig Cold launch.
- Short squeeze thesis has mostly collapsed.
- Company transformation needs to work.
- Valuation depressed if you believe in the company's future.
3D Systems: Trying To Find A Bottom
- An important acquisition was recently announced.
- Estimates continue to decline.
- Short interest hit a new high.
- Here comes the 50-day moving average.
- Shares trying to put in a bottom.
GoPro: Here Come The Shorts
- Short interest has risen to more than 11 million shares.
- Roughly 29% of current float short.
- Analyst estimates on the rise after Q3 report.
SolarCity: Will Short Interest Ever Decline?
- Another 1.45 million shares have been shorted.
- Short interest up 633% since March 2013.
- More than 30% of float now short.
Apple Short Interest Hits Multi-Year Low
- Shares continue to hit new highs.
- Short sellers continue to cover.
- Split-adjusted short interest at lowest point since April 2012.
Intel: A Tremendous Divide
- Intel's Investor Meeting seemed quite positive.
- Analysts seem quite divided on the news.
- Huge upside or downside? That is the question.
Intel Investor Meeting Generates Big News
- Dividend raised by six cents.
- Company issued strong revenue guidance for 2015.
- Investors should be quite pleased with this news.
Keurig Green Mountain: Too Predictable Again
- Company beat on top and bottom lines for fiscal Q4.
- Fiscal Q1 and fiscal 2015 revenue guidance was light.
- Cash flow surprised due to reduced capital expenditures again.
Tesla Forecast Cut: Much Ado About Nothing
- Morgan Stanley cut its forecast for the automaker.
- Model X delivery and EPS forecast slashed.
- News predictable after latest guidance.
Apple Peak? Why I Completely Disagree
- Michael Blair is out with his latest negative Apple article.
- Sometimes, you just have to give up on a name.
- The iPad will rebound when a larger screen model is launched.
- Apple Watch will contribute to top line.
- Mr. Blair's fiscal 2015 forecast is extremely low.
Himax: Explaining A Missed Point
- It appears my Himax comparison was misunderstood.
- I was not saying Himax is the next GT Advanced Technologies.
- Today, I'll clear up some of the confusion.
Keurig Green Mountain: Time To Prove Its Worth
- Company set to report earnings Wednesday afternoon.
- EPS beat possible due to reduced estimates.
- Guidance will be key for Keurig 2.0 and rising coffee prices.
- Balance sheet and capital returns will be examined closely.
Has Google Glass Shattered Already?
- Developers and users are losing interest in Google Glass.
- Mass market roll out has been pushed back.
- Is Google fully behind the project?
- Stick to the basics. That has worked for Apple.