View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, CYBR, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTATQ, HIMX, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LL, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, OA, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
BlackBerry: No Reason To Celebrate Yet
- Revenues badly missed estimates again.
- Gross margins declined despite ASP jump and lower hardware revenue percentage.
- Tone has gone from revenue growth to revenue stabilization.
Cisco Pullback Brings Yield Above 3.00%
- Cisco shares have pulled back 9.4% from their 52-week high.
- Dividend yield now 3.06% on an annual basis.
- Shares between 50-day and 200-day moving averages.
3D Systems: Short Interest Hits New High
- Short interest has topped 38 million shares.
- More than 36% of float now short.
- Stock near 52-week low as company continues to disappoint.
Intel: Examining The Aftermath
- Intel's warning puts 2015 revenue growth in doubt.
- Earnings per share will be under a bit of pressure.
- Share pullback shows buyback acceleration danger.
- Investors need more color on the situation.
Facebook: The Quarter-Trillion Monster
- Market cap could soon top $250 billion.
- Growth trajectory mirrors Apple's fiscal 2003 to 2007 period.
- New revenue streams work with billion plus users.
- Stealing a piece of Google's pie is the next step.
Tesla: Forget Range Anxiety, What About Investor Anxiety?
- Tesla shares are down about 20% in past six months.
- Some Q4 2014 problems have lingered into Q1 2015.
- Analyst estimates continue to decline.
Apple's Reported Price Raises: Will They Help Or Hurt?
- Company has reportedly raised prices to offset currency issues.
- This will have more of an impact on fiscal Q3.
- Does demand fall off in select markets?
Is Microsoft Really In Trouble?
- Microsoft fears increasing after Intel's warning.
- Rising dollar will impact results.
- Fiscal Q3 guidance was very low to begin with.
- Pullback in shares will price in some weakness.
Lumber Liquidators: Now Comes The Hard Part
- 60 Minutes broadcast had major impact on sales trends.
- Q2 and beyond will prove to be the real test.
- Is the discount worth the risk? Probably not.
Intel Warning Reinforces PC Reliance Issue
- Chip giant lowered Q1 revenue forecast.
- Business PCs, macroeconomic and currency conditions to blame.
- This is why Intel needs more diversification.
Apple: Fighting The Battle That Can't Be Won
- Analyst estimates continue to rise.
- At some point, currencies have to come into play.
- Dollar rally may push stock back to 50-day moving average.
Lumber Liquidators: Worrying About The 2015 Forecast
- Key business update expected Thursday morning.
- Let's look beyond the flooring debate for now.
- I'm wondering about the company's forecast.
Intel Rallies On Potential Apple Win
- Intel's XMM 7360 4G baseband modem may enter the iPhone.
- Getting into Apple's mobile products a key for tech giant.
- Intel shares rallying after a recent pullback.
Alibaba Short Interest Rises As Lockup Expiration Nears
- Short interest hit new high at end of February.
- Lockup expiration comes next week.
- Shares near public trading lows.
Google CFO Retirement Very Intriguing
- CFO Patrick Pichette is retiring.
- Transition expected within six months.
- Does this mean a major strategy change is coming?
- Results may continue to come in weak thanks to currencies.
Philip Morris Yield Surges Past 5.00%
- Dividend yield has jumped above 5.00% on an annual basis.
- Investors are clearly worrying about currency issues.
- Results will definitely be hurt.
4 Significant Short Interest Moves To Analyze
- End of February short interest data is out.
- CyberArk Software saw a sharp rise as the bubble burst.
- SodaStream saw a large rise as results continue to disappoint.
- Apple saw a sizable pop as the stock hit a new high and the Watch event approached.
- Zillow saw a decent drop after Trulia deal completed.
IBM: Why I'm Now Bearish
- Currency issues to play a larger role.
- Examination of the 10-K reveals some troubling numbers.
- Delay of Apple's large-screen iPad could hurt 2015 results.
- Shares could see new lows as year progresses.
What's Going On With Tesla?
- Shares closed Monday at their lowest point since May 15th, 2014.
- 3 bullish analyst notes have not supported stock.
- 2015 analyst estimates continue to decline.
- Blame China? The Gigafactory? Something else?
Qualcomm Rewards Investors In A Big Way
- Company announces new $15 billion buyback.
- $10 billion worth of shares repurchased in the next 12 months.
- Quarterly dividend raised to $0.48 per share.
- Qualcomm quickly becomes capital return powerhouse.
BlackBerry Downgrade Reinforces Ongoing Narrative
- Goldman Sachs downgraded stock from Neutral to Sell.
- Analyst noted transition from cost cutting to revenue driving.
- Firm believes software and service revenues will fall short.
- Hardware revenues have upside, but will they result in larger losses?
Google 2.0: A Big Day Is Coming For Investors
- Stock split anniversary nearly here.
- Google may need to compensate Class C shareholders.
- Executive sales will increase voting power of Class A shares.
- Will a buyback soon come?
- Class A premium over Class C should increase over time.
Altria Pullback Presents An Opportunity
- Shares have pulled back to 50-day moving average.
- Annual dividend yield approaching 4.00%.
- Valuation reasonable when considering growth and balance sheet.
Meet The New Dow 30, Including Apple
- Apple to replace AT&T in the Dow 30.
- Tech giant will be 5th largest component.
- Dow change accompanies Visa split.
Philip Morris: The Math Keeps Getting Worse
- US Dollar continues to rally.
- Revenues and earnings to be further pressured.
- Dividend payments might require additional debt.
Apple's Currency Problem Becoming More Challenging For The Company
- US dollar continues to strengthen.
- Apple's top line will see a multi-billion dollar hit.
- Estimates and expectations high as stock soars.
- What will happen in fiscal Q3?
3D Systems: A Major Decline In Confidence
- Q4 miss has analysts skeptical.
- Estimates dropping toward low end of guidance.
- Stronger dollar will hurt revenues in 2015.
- 50-day moving average declining again.
Yahoo Search Growth Stalls, But Remains Elevated
- Yahoo gave back some of its US search gains in February.
- Firefox users starting to head back to Google.
- Bing is the big winner ex-Firefox.
- Yahoo under pressure as Alibaba sinks.
3D Systems Needs To Do Better
- Q4 revenues and non-GAAP missed estimates.
- 2015 guidance fair, but do we trust management?
- Is this a dead cat bounce for the stock?
SodaStream Troubles Worse Than Previously Thought
- Q4 revenues missed expectations.
- Company did not provide 2015 guidance.
- Window of opportunity closing as Keurig Cold launch approaches.
GoPro Short Interest Hits New High
- Short interest jumped in early February.
- More than 35% of float now short.
- Improved valuation makes name worth a look.
SolarCity: Will Shorts Continue To Cover?
- Short interest down for third straight report.
- One in 8 shorts have covered since peak.
- Will a lousy earnings report reverse this trend?