View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, CYBR, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTATQ, HIMX, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, OA, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
3D Systems Needs To Do Better
- Q4 revenues and non-GAAP missed estimates.
- 2015 guidance fair, but do we trust management?
- Is this a dead cat bounce for the stock?
SodaStream Troubles Worse Than Previously Thought
- Q4 revenues missed expectations.
- Company did not provide 2015 guidance.
- Window of opportunity closing as Keurig Cold launch approaches.
GoPro Short Interest Hits New High
- Short interest jumped in early February.
- More than 35% of float now short.
- Improved valuation makes name worth a look.
SolarCity: Will Shorts Continue To Cover?
- Short interest down for third straight report.
- One in 8 shorts have covered since peak.
- Will a lousy earnings report reverse this trend?
Get Ready For The Dow 30 Rebalance
- Visa to split 4 for 1. Split adjusted trading begins March 19th.
- Credit card name to give up top weight in Dow 30.
- How does this impact the index?
3D Systems: It's Now Or Never
- 3D Systems is ready to report.
- Expectations lowered after 2014 troubles.
- Sector concerns will increase if report bad.
Cisco: Wait For The Next Pullback
- Shares closed Friday near 52-week high.
- Company spending less on buyback, and it is less effective.
- Dividend raise not enough to overcome stock rise.
- Growth comparisons will get tougher.
CyberArk Software: A Bubble Ready To Burst?
- Cybersecurity software has become a red hot space.
- Stock has soared from $16 IPO.
- Lockup expiration could tremendously increase float.
- Valuation needs to be justified by substantial future growth.
Coca-Cola Yield Tops 3.00% After Dividend Raise
- Company raised dividend by 8.20% to $0.33 per quarter.
- As expected, this year's raise was smaller than we saw in 2014.
- Annual yield now back above 3.00%.
- Income potential tops peers and US long bond.
Tesla: The Floor Is Yours
- EPS estimates continue to plunge.
- Analysts now expecting sizable Q1 loss.
- Are we almost into can't miss territory?
- Stock hanging near 50-day moving average.
Philip Morris: An Update Regarding 2015
- Company reiterated guidance at Consumer Conference.
- Dollar index has leveled off.
- Analyst estimates dropping as expected.
- Dividend yield leads peers, 5% level is key.
Apple: Expect Another Small Dividend Raise
- Investors expecting a dividend raise at April earnings report.
- Company has focused more on the buyback.
- Like 2014, investors should expect small raise.
Intel: Don't Be Too Cautious
- The concerns over Intel are overblown.
- Cherry-picking repurchase data doesn't paint a true picture.
- Patents don't mean everything.
- Growth is still there - Intel remains a solid investment.
Google Needs To Deliver In 2015
- US search share fell further in January.
- Net margins in 2014 dropped below Apple, Facebook.
- Can costs be controlled in 2015? I'm not so sure.
- The stock has underperformed in recent years.
Coca-Cola: What's The 2015 Dividend Raise?
- The beverage giant about to raise its dividend.
- The balance sheet has weakened a little.
- Its buyback was not as strong in 2014.
- Currencies are negatively impacting the results.
Deckers: An Opportunity In The Making
- The share decline makes the stock worth another look.
- This is not the same issue from 2011-2012.
- $200 million additional buyback authorized.
- The valuation appears quite attractive.
Tesla: Key Takeaways From Recent Events
- Management may need a reality check.
- Profitability remains a long term concern.
- Apple is not a threat at the moment.
Amazon: Is 2015 Profitability A Fantasy?
- Operating margins continue to weaken as spending soars.
- Analysts underestimating sequential EPS decline.
- Q1 guidance shows business deteriorating.
- Stock has reached my $375 short target level.
BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers
- Rumors of a Samsung buyout popped up in January.
- Short interest plunged by 22% in second half of the month.
- Despite estimates dropping, shorts are definitely worried.
- Stock close to support at 200-day moving average.
Twitter: Strong Growth Worth The Price Of Admission
- Guidance could lead to a strong 2015.
- Scale starting to kick in for many metrics.
- An improved valuation leads to potential upside.
Keurig Green Mountain Brews Up A Stinker
- Revenues and EPS missed estimates. Company cut full year guidance.
- Inventory balance soared, will lead to problems for a few quarters.
- Keurig 2.0 has not been well received, as company prepares for Keurig Cold launch.
- Growth concerns may linger for the short term.
Tesla: Now Is The Time
- Reduced estimates make beating easier.
- Short interest on the rise.
- Positive results could help technicals.
Sprint's Troubles Continue To Mount
- Subscriber gains overshadowed by average revenue declines.
- Total revenues continue to be pressured.
- Net debt continues to rise.
- Even the Sprint trade name is worth less.
Apple And IBM Enter The PowerShares Buyback ETF
- Apple and IBM are now holdings of PKW.
- 5% of shares outstanding was the key cutoff line.
- These two tech heavyweights represent more than 10% of the ETF.
- Additions should make this growing ETF more popular.
Philip Morris: Big Warning Signs
- 2015 currency hit much larger than expected.
- Company not targeting any share repurchases.
- Balance sheet got a bit worse.
Philip Morris: 5% Yield Is A Good Starting Point
- Cigarette giant almost yielding 5.00% again.
- 2015 currency issues will pressure shares.
- Looking for income? Pretty good place to be.
Amazon: Take The Money And Run
- Investors are focusing too much on the EPS beat.
- Revenues missed and guidance was awful.
- Many key metrics are still worsening.
- The balance sheet and key financials continue to weaken.
- Last 3 years: $224 billion in sales and a $6 million net loss.
Google: Terrible Performance Should Be Worth $430
- Google widely missed on top and bottom line.
- Poor results and excuses continue to stream in.
- Multiple headwinds could come in 2015.
- Stock overvalued while poor performance continues.
Apple: The Patriots Couldn't Even Deflate This Quarterly Result
- Revenue and EPS smashed estimates.
- Nearly 75 million iPhones were sold.
- Q2 guidance impressive considering all items.
- Apple proved again that it is number one.
Netflix To $1,000? Not So Fast
- A Netflix to $1,000 article missed some key facts.
- Gross margins vs. profit margins are a key issue.
- Netflix profitability will not be as high as some hope.
IBM: Okay, So Now What?
- Q4 earnings report was mixed.
- Guidance light, currencies are hurting.
- Massive layoff report shot down.
- Stock trying to rebound off lows.
Apple Update: A $2 Billion Currency Hit?
- Stronger dollar might impact Apple more than expected.
- Microsoft announced a nearly $1 billion forex hit in current quarter.
- Apple's Q2 guidance could be hit by $2 billion thanks to currencies.