View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTAT, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORCL, PCLN, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
Yahoo Making Progress At A Crucial Time
- Q3 revenues and earnings blew out expectations.
- Mobile investments are paying off.
- Buyback plowing ahead as Alibaba cash comes in.
3D Systems: Another Major Warning
- 3D warned for both Q3 and 2014.
- Company unable to meet demand.
- Hopefully this is a kitchen sink treatment.
IBM: Perhaps A Time To Buy
- IBM shares have sold off after earnings.
- When expectations drop, it's easier to beat.
- Dividend yield has shot higher. Valuation is rather fair.
- Don't forget the Apple deal. It starts soon.
Tesla: Why So Bearish?
- Analyst non-GAAP EPS estimates continue to decline.
- Is a Q3 non-GAAP loss possible?
- Falling estimates makes a beat easier.
- Markets have settled down. It may be time to buy.
BlackBerry: The Process Begins Again
- Another BlackBerry acquisition rumor has surfaced.
- Analyst revenue estimates continue lower, adjusted EPS higher.
- Buy for potential turnaround, don't speculate on a buyout.
Apple Proves Again It's Number One
- Apple beat on top and bottom lines.
- Strong iPhone and Mac sales were key.
- Capital return plan was quite impressive.
- Fiscal Q1 guidance above expectations.
Hey Google, Thanks For Nothing
- Google missed again on top and bottom lines.
- Terrible earnings report pattern continues.
- GAAP net income remains low and is not improving much.
- Why are investors continuing to pay a premium for this stock?
Philip Morris: Improvement Reaffirms Faith
- Company beat on top and bottom line for Q3.
- 2014 forecast reduced due to increased currency hit.
- Total and net debt amounts declined.
- Cash flow numbers look a lot better.
- Improving fundamentals a reason to buy.
Apple Earnings Preview: All Hail The iPhone 6
- Apple will report earnings on Monday afternoon.
- Today, I'll provide my official earnings preview.
- The iPhone 6 will dominate the headlines.
- China will be key for fiscal Q1 guidance.
Intel: Good But Not Great
- Intel's Q3 showed a revenue and earnings beat.
- Gross margins were weak, EPS beat fueled by tax rate and buyback.
- Guidance was fairly decent, but benefited from equity investment gains.
- Overall, the report was good but not great.
Tesla: It's Time To Impress
- The "D" announcement failed to impress.
- Revenue estimates continue higher, EPS lower.
- Tesla is set up for a beat. Will it?
- Could shares get back to highs?
5 Tech Stocks I'm Currently Watching
- Market pullback has taken a chunk out of some names.
- Tech sector has been hit hard recently.
- Which names should investors be following closely?
Dendreon: Time To Answer Questions
- Dendreon shares now trade for less than one dollar.
- Short interest dropped in late September.
- It is time for management to lay out a plan.
- Bankruptcy or massive dilution? Neither is pretty for investors.
Intel: A Number Of Conflicting Reports
- Semiconductor stocks sold off on Friday.
- There have been multiple good and bad reports lately.
- Intel is about to report earnings.
- Recent pullback provides opportunity for patient investors.
Cisco Pullback Presents An Opportunity
- Cisco shares have pulled back on tech sector weakness.
- Dividend yield now above 3.25%.
- Short interest continues to decline, least shorted of the big four.
- The pullback presents an opportunity.
Apple: The $200 Billion Question
- Apple's fiscal 2015 period has started.
- Expectations call for more than $200 billion in revenues.
- How is that figure reached?
- Shares still have decent upside.
SodaStream: Is It Time To Sell Or Perish?
- SodaStream issued a major Q3 warning.
- US sales are struggling mightily.
- Keurig Cold gets closer while SodaStream falls flat.
- SodaStream needs a major shakeup.
A Lesson Learned: The Unfortunate Case Of GT Advanced Technologies
- GT's bankruptcy shocker surprised everyone.
- The relationship with Apple seems to have soured.
- What can investors learn about this unfortunate event?
Yahoo: The Bottom Line Problem
- Analysts continue to reduce 2015 EPS estimates.
- Yahoo's buyback becomes even more important.
- Are core operations really killing margins?
GT Advanced Technologies: The Bankruptcy Shocker
- GT filed for Chapter 11 protection.
- Shares plunged on the news.
- This is a complete shocker.
BlackBerry: Let's Not Get Too Crazy
- What's possible for BlackBerry in fiscal 2016?
- Revenues twice the current analyst average seem unlikely.
- While a profit is possible, a large one probably isn't.
Intel's Roadmap To $40 In 2015
- Intel's 2014 has been pretty good.
- Now, the company must keep momentum going.
- Mobile progress and capital returns a big part of the 2015 strategy.
GT Advanced Technologies: Business Update Postponed
- GT postponed its business update until next week.
- Analyst estimates continue to fall.
- Stock hit single digits Thursday as investor worries build.
Ford: An Unexpected High Yielder
- Ford shares dropped after a recent business update.
- With shares down, the dividend yield has rocketed higher.
- Investors could yield more than 3.50% over the next year.
- That yield currently beats a 30-Year US Treasury.
Apple Update: China Gets The iPhone 6
- China will get the iPhone 6 this year.
- In-store pick-up begins October 17th.
- Now, we must shift the revenue model forward a little.
SodaStream: Why This Holiday Season Is Crucial
- SodaStream's 2014 growth story is rather shaky.
- 2014 holiday season is crucial ahead of Keurig Cold launch.
- High short interest could lead to possible short squeeze.
- SodaStream valuation is low compared to industry peers.
Apple: Where The Bears Have It Wrong
- Recent concerns over Apple may be invalid.
- The iPhone 6 set a sales record without China.
- An 8-K filing is not needed this year due to stronger initial guidance.
- Insider sales were part of pre-planned transactions.
- Concerns over iOS 8 adoption need to be examined further.
GT Advanced Technologies: Are We Closer To A Bottom?
- GT estimates continue lower.
- Short interest has risen again.
- Technicals are improving.
- Business update expected this week.
- Are shares bottoming out?
Q4 Is Here: 5 Storylines To Watch
- The final quarter of 2014 is here.
- Can the market rally into 2015?
- How will the holiday season shuffle out?
- Who are the big names to watch in Q4?
BlackBerry: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- BlackBerry's results were mixed.
- While adjusted EPS beat, revenues missed.
- Net cash position declined, balance sheet in good shape.
- Turnaround continues, but slower than expected.
Coca-Cola: Can A Simple Name Reverse Declining Sales Volumes?
- The beverage giant put names on its soft drink labels.
- The campaign has helped sluggish sales volumes.
- Will this be a one-time pop or a long-term trend?
Dendreon Short Interest Hits Critical Point
- Short interest now below 40 million shares.
- That's the lowest point since July 2012.
- More than a third of shorts have covered.
- Is there a reason to still short Dendreon?