View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTAT, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORCL, PCLN, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
Apple: Record iPhone 6 Pre-Orders Versus No China In 2014
- More than 4 million units were pre-ordered in first 24 hours.
- Record shows larger-screen phones are in high demand.
- Will China get the iPhone 6 this year?
- New iPads coming in late October.
Microsoft: Another Healthy Dividend Raise
- Microsoft raised its dividend to $0.31 per quarter.
- This is the fifth straight double-digit raise.
- Annual yield is now 2.65% and in 2nd place when compared to peers.
GT Advanced Technologies: Is A 40% Fall Reason To Buy?
- The Apple disappointment fall hit 40% on Tuesday.
- Analyst estimates have been slashed.
- Week of September 29th will be key.
Tesla Rally Hits Speed Bump, Fuels Momentum Sell-Off
- Tesla shares fell on Monday.
- A cautious analyst note was to blame.
- Alibaba IPO might cause additional selling.
- Momentum names led NASDAQ selloff.
Intel: No Dividend Raise Until At Least 2015
- Intel declared another 22.5 cent dividend.
- 10 straight quarters at this rate.
- No dividend raise will come until at least 2015.
BlackBerry: It's Time To Deliver
- BlackBerry earnings are approaching.
- Revenue numbers should soon start to look better.
- Short interest has leveled off.
- The 200-day moving average is rising.
Tesla Shorts Continue To Flee
- Short interest dropped another 4%.
- Nearly 10 million shares have been covered in 2014.
- Stock continues to hit new highs.
GT Advanced Technologies - Short Interest Drops, But Does It Matter Now?
- Short interest dropped by nearly 9%.
- 37.80% of the float still short.
- No sapphire in Apple's iPhone 6.
- Shares have tumbled on this disappointment.
Philip Morris: A Solid Dividend Raise
- Philip Morris raised its quarterly dividend to $1.00.
- This raise was exactly what I expected.
- Annual yield is now up to 4.75%.
Apple Watch Is Finally Here
- Apple finally launched the device on Tuesday.
- Product coming in 2015, but you need an iPhone 5 or later.
- Fiscal 2015 revenue estimates seem low.
Intel: A New Era Has Begun
- Intel has officially launched its 14nm Core M CPUs.
- Analyst estimates continue to rise.
- Short interest has fallen to a new 2+ year low.
Amazon: The Financial Picture Worsens
- Amazon obtained a $2 billion credit facility.
- Balance sheet continues to weaken.
- Added interest expenses will hurt bottom line.
- EPS estimates continue to decline.
Should Investors Go Gaga For GoPro?
- GoPro shares have hit another new high.
- Valuation is stretching with estimates barely rising.
- Long term upside requires large revenue/earnings increases.
- Further rally would present short opportunity.
Apple Drops: Should Investors Be Concerned?
- Apple dropped more than 4% on Wednesday.
- A negative note from Pac Crest seemed to spook investors.
- The hack attack may result in security acquisitions.
- A pullback may be good for investors and the company.
- Be careful when listening to the bear camp.
It May Be Time To Fix The Dow
- The Dow 30's weights need some tweaking.
- Visa's weight should not dominate much larger companies.
- Apple's addition to the Dow could fix things.
- Some stock splits could reduce weights of top components.
Twitter: Are Valuation Concerns Coming?
- Shares have soared nearly 73% from their 52-week low.
- Price to sales values now more expensive than all peers.
- Short interest recently dropped.
- Will investors now start to worry about valuation?
5 Tech Stocks To Watch In September
- Summer is unofficially over.
- September could be a key month for the markets.
- Here are five major tech stocks to watch this month.
Philip Morris: Time For A Dividend Raise
- The cigarette giant should raise its dividend this month.
- A transitional year may negatively impact the raise.
- High debt load has negatively impacted the buyback.
- What will the dividend raise be?
3D Systems: Why A Short Squeeze Is Now More Likely
- Short interest hit another new high in mid-August.
- More than 35% of the float now short.
- Additionally, days to cover ratio at new high.
- Possibility of a short squeeze has increased further.
Facebook Gets A Rare Downgrade
- Janney downgraded Facebook from Buy to Neutral.
- Firm kept $82.50 price target.
- Valuation concerns cited into 2015 as growth slows.
- Share decline could be buying opportunity.
GT Advanced Technologies: Is A Short Squeeze Coming?
- Short interest hit a new 52-week high.
- More than 41% of the float is now short.
- New Apple products coming to market soon.
- This name has major short squeeze potential.
Tesla Short Interest Hits 2014 Low
- Short interest dropped 6.5% in early August.
- Latest number is lowest point in 2014.
- More than 9 million shares have been covered this year.
- Shares recently hit a new high.
Apple: Previewing Fiscal 2015
- Apple's fiscal year is coming to an end.
- Fiscal 2015 will be dominated by larger screen phones and perhaps an iWatch.
- The iPad needs to get going, and Macs continue to do well.
- Apple's buyback is a large positive for shares.
- I believe this stock has more upside ahead of it.
Buybacks Are Still Plentiful - Take Advantage Now
- S&P 500 companies bought back $120 billion in stock during Q2.
- Huge drop from Q1 mostly a result of Apple.
- PowerShares Buyback ETF a great way to take advantage of buybacks.
Yahoo Reaches A Critical Junction
- Yahoo shares have moved sideways in last six months.
- Results continue to be poor.
- Alibaba money coming soon.
- Growth needs to get back on track.
Netflix: Key Points The Bears Miss
- Netflix bears miss a number of key points.
- The DVD segment is not that important anymore.
- Contribution margins are much healthier than we are led to believe.
- The balance sheet is getting a lot better.
- Current valuation may be too low.
Keurig Green Mountain: Signs Of Trouble Ahead?
- Green Mountain is risky after a recent rally.
- Recent beats follow guide downs in EPS.
- Lots of deals/partnerships announced, but revenue growth sluggish.
- Margin pressures are coming soon.
- Dilution remains an issue after share sales.
Altria Raises Its Dividend Nicely
- Altria raised its dividend by more than 8%.
- The new payout is $2.08 on an annual basis.
- Yield is approaching 5.00% again.
- Altria remains an income leader in this space.
Apple: 4 Potential Takeover Targets
- Apple has a lot of cash and financial flexibility.
- Other than capital returns, acquisitions do make sense.
- Today, I'll propose a few takeover targets.
SolarCity: A Perfectly Timed Downgrade
- Baird downgraded SolarCity on valuation concerns.
- Firm still believes in upside with $83 target.
- Recent insider selling concerns are overblown.
- Short interest remains elevated.
- Pullback may provide an entry opportunity.
Twitter: Now Comes The Hard Part
- Twitter beat again, but this time, the stock rallied.
- Analyst estimates continue to soar.
- Valuation is still high, expectations are even higher.
- The company needs to prove itself again.
Sprint: It's Now Or Never
- Sprint about to detail disruptive pricing.
- Company needs a rebound after failed T-Mobile bid.
- Time is critical with Apple's iPhone 6 about to launch.
- With shares near yearly lows, perfect time for speculation.