View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTATQ, HIMX, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORB, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
Cisco: This Could Be An Opportunity
- Cisco beat on top and bottom lines for Q4.
- Guidance mixed, but should be seen as positive.
- Dividend yield of 3.10% is sector leading.
- Pullback provides opportunity for investors to buy.
Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started
- Apple may launch the iPhone 6 in less than a month.
- The next iPad should be about a month behind.
- Short interest hit another 2014 low.
- Apple is still your best bet in large-cap tech.
3D Systems: Time For A Short Squeeze?
- Short interest spiked to a new high in late July.
- So far in 2014, short interest is up 145%.
- More than a third of the float was short into earnings.
- Company announced expanded manufacturing facility.
- Will a short squeeze come?
BlackBerry: The Tide Is Certainly Turning
- Things are trending the right way for BlackBerry.
- Analyst revenue estimates are steady or rising, EPS estimates rising.
- Short interest continues to hit new yearly lows.
- 200-day moving average has finally stopped falling.
Dendreon Provides A Major Warning To Shareholders
- Dendreon announced strong Q2 revenues through a 10-Q filing.
- Cash position continued to decline.
- Company warned of liquidity risk.
- Bankruptcy unavoidable unless buyer found.
- Shareholders may not be happy with the end result here.
Intel Short Interest Drops Again
- Short interest for Intel dropped in late July.
- Latest report shows 2+ year low.
- Q2 earnings report was extremely positive.
- Positive momentum confirmed, investors should stay long.
Tesla: The One Major Item That Concerns Me
- Tesla's revenue estimates are climbing, but EPS estimates are falling.
- Rising operating expenses and an increased share count are to blame.
- Q2 numbers looked impressive after a guidance takedown.
- Tesla still has potential, but needs to improve its profitability.
Cisco: What To Focus On This Week
- Cisco will report earnings Wednesday afternoon.
- Investors looking for revenue turnaround to continue.
- Is another restructuring coming?
- A good report could send shares to 52-week high.
Altria: Raising My Dividend Raise Prediction
- Altria raised the low end of its adjusted EPS forecast.
- Company announced new $1 billion share repurchase plan.
- These items should help the dividend.
- I have raised my dividend raise prediction as a result.
Facebook: Another New High Coming Soon
- Facebook had another strong quarter.
- Estimates continue to skyrocket.
- Shares should hit another new high rather soon.
- This is the one social media name investors must own.
3D Systems Now Has More To Prove
- 3D Systems had a large Q2 miss.
- 2014 revenue forecast was raised, EPS forecast maintained.
- More pressure put on the second half of the year.
- Short interest remains quite high.
- Pullback provides an opportunity for those who believe in the name.
Philip Morris: Another Pullback, Another Opportunity
- Philip Morris is down nearly $10 from its June high.
- Investors and the company can buy shares on the cheap.
- Dividend yield has risen nearly 50 basis points.
- Investors buying now could get a yield of nearly 5% over the next year.
Apple: October iPhone Report Seems Questionable
- MacRumors believes the iPhone 6 launch will be delayed.
- Could the iPhone 6 launch in October instead of September?
- Apple would be completely reversing course here.
- A fiscal Q4 "warning" would need to come if this rumor is true.
Intel: No Dividend Raise Just Yet
- Intel declared another 22.5 cent dividend.
- Dividend investors may be increasingly frustrated.
- Company decided buyback was very important.
- Intel still running well ahead of 40% free cash flow payout target.
- When is a raise coming? 2015 seems like the earliest possible time.
Intel Shorts Continue To Flee
- Intel's short interest dipped in early July.
- Short interest in the chip giant is at a 23-month low.
- Nearly 37% of shorts have covered since the peak.
- Momentum continues in a positive direction. Stay long.
Update: SolarCity Short Interest Plunges
- Short interest in early July fell by nearly 3.3 million shares.
- A 40% rise in shares has caused a number of shorts to cover.
- This short covering is not unusual when a stock jumps this quickly.
- A 23% fall in short interest is quite dramatic. Only 21% of the float now short.
- Investors can remain long, but this news should make you a bit less optimistic.
BlackBerry Update: Short Interest Hits New Low
- BlackBerry short interest declined in early July.
- Short interest is at its lowest point since September 2012.
- With shares rallying, covering seemed logical.
- Will the IBM-Apple deal impact things next time around?
- Recent pullback may provide a buying opportunity.
3D Systems Update: Short Interest Hits New High
- 3D Systems recently saw another new high in short interest.
- Year to date, short interest is up nearly 132%.
- Short squeeze potential, noted in my previous article, continues to climb.
- Investors wanting to play the squeeze should re-enter the name.
Apple Update: Short Interest Hits 2014 Low
- Apple's short interest hit a 2014 low in mid-July.
- Shorts covered into earnings.
- Reduction in short interest confirms positive momentum for the stock.
- Investors should stay long Apple. Shares could top $100 soon.
Microsoft: What's Next?
- Microsoft had a mixed quarter.
- As cloud push continues, consolidation is key.
- Dividend raise getting closer.
- Microsoft a good buy on the next pullback.
Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed
- Apple missed on revenues but beat on EPS.
- Mac and iPods did well, while the iPhone and iPad were a little soft.
- Guidance came in a little light ahead of iPhone 6 launch.
- Gross margins were well above expectations again.
Apple: The Final Countdown
- Apple earnings are just hours away.
- Revenue estimates have increased as analyst upgrades pour in.
- Reports of large iPhone 6 orders coming.
Apple Earnings Preview: Expectations Are High
- Apple will report earnings on Tuesday afternoon.
- Today, I'll preview the report with my predictions.
- Expectations are high after last quarter's beat and recent rally.
Philip Morris: A Post Earnings Update
- Philip Morris reported a strong Q2.
- 2014 forecast reiterated. Capital return plan on track.
- For down year, shares trade at reasonable valuation.
- Story remains the same, investors should accumulate on pullbacks.
Tesla: Is It Really Panic Time?
- Tesla shares have dropped again.
- Analysts are cutting their EPS estimates.
- The Model 3 is expected in 2017.
- Short interest declined again.
- Technicals are looking much better.
IBM Scores A Win With Apple Deal
- IBM is a clear winner in enterprise partnership deal with Apple.
- Apple will benefit, although Apple has a lot going for it already.
- BlackBerry and MobileIron being discussed as losers.
- Who else may be impacted?
Intel Rewards Its Shareholders
- Intel beat on top and bottom line for Q2.
- Q3 and full year guidance better than expected.
- Company sped up buyback in Q2 and will continue strong buyback.
- $20 billion added to the buyback.
3D Systems: Short Squeeze, Part 2
- 3D Systems appeared to have a short squeeze.
- Investors who took a chance were handsomely rewarded.
- Short interest in late June declined slightly even with stock's rise.
- The next short interest update will be interesting.
- Short squeeze potential remains, and earnings are coming up.
SolarCity: Is A Short Squeeze Coming?
- Short interest in SolarCity hit another new high at the end of June.
- More than 27.6% of the float is now short.
- Silevo deal sent shares higher, but they have retreated a bit.
- Like Tesla, SolarCity short squeeze possible on good news.
The Container Store: Further Downside Possible
- A struggling retailer at a high valuation is not where you want to be.
- The Container Store missed on revenues and EPS. Guidance was cut.
- Balance sheet is not in good shape. A secondary offering could be needed.
- Peers offer strong buybacks and trade at significant discounts.
- Shares worth about $18.75, implying 24% downside.
Intel: The Next Few Weeks Are Key
- The next few weeks should tell us a lot about Intel.
- The company's forecast raise has sent estimates skyrocketing.
- More detail will be given on the 2014 forecast.
- Is a dividend raise coming? How about a buyback announcement?
Cisco: The New Dividend Leader?
- Cisco had no dividend in 2010. Now, the annual yield is over 3.00%.
- Cisco's yield leads US large cap tech, but the lead may not last long.
- Buyback's return to normal levels should fuel future dividend increases.
- Intel and Microsoft will also battle for the top dividend yield spot.