View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GTATQ, HIMX, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORB, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TOFR, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet
- Q3 revenues badly missed estimates.
- Balance sheet gets a little tighter.
- Next few quarters will be key.
BlackBerry Estimates Decline As Earnings Approach
- Revenue estimates are heading lower.
- Analysts now expect fiscal 2016 decline.
- Short interest increased in late November.
- Shares have lost the 50-day moving average.
BlackBerry: Are We Turning A Corner?
- Fiscal Q3 has ended.
- Phone sales are key to a turnaround.
- Future estimates starting to rise.
- 50-day moving average is providing support.
BlackBerry: The Process Begins Again
- Another BlackBerry acquisition rumor has surfaced.
- Analyst revenue estimates continue lower, adjusted EPS higher.
- Buy for potential turnaround, don't speculate on a buyout.
BlackBerry: Let's Not Get Too Crazy
- What's possible for BlackBerry in fiscal 2016?
- Revenues twice the current analyst average seem unlikely.
- While a profit is possible, a large one probably isn't.
BlackBerry: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- BlackBerry's results were mixed.
- While adjusted EPS beat, revenues missed.
- Net cash position declined, balance sheet in good shape.
- Turnaround continues, but slower than expected.
BlackBerry: It's Time To Deliver
- BlackBerry earnings are approaching.
- Revenue numbers should soon start to look better.
- Short interest has leveled off.
- The 200-day moving average is rising.
BlackBerry: The Tide Is Certainly Turning
- Things are trending the right way for BlackBerry.
- Analyst revenue estimates are steady or rising, EPS estimates rising.
- Short interest continues to hit new yearly lows.
- 200-day moving average has finally stopped falling.
BlackBerry Update: Short Interest Hits New Low
- BlackBerry short interest declined in early July.
- Short interest is at its lowest point since September 2012.
- With shares rallying, covering seemed logical.
- Will the IBM-Apple deal impact things next time around?
- Recent pullback may provide a buying opportunity.
BlackBerry: Time For The Next Stage
- BlackBerry's Q1 results were decent.
- The turnaround continues on.
- Balance sheet still in fair shape.
- Now, it's time for the next stage.
BlackBerry: Time To Get Going
- BlackBerry earnings are just around the corner.
- Revenues expected to plunge, loss to widen.
- How's the Indonesia phone launch going?
- Company's turnaround needs to pick up steam.
- Short interest at lowest point since September 2012.
BlackBerry: Stick To The Plan
- BlackBerry's Q4 report was mixed with a very bad revenue number.
- However, the adjusted loss was much smaller than expected.
- Reduce expenses first, then improve revenues. This isn't a short-term turnaround.
- Balance sheet still fairly healthy. Short interest remains high.
- Investors might want to take advantage of the pullback.
BlackBerry: The Last Push Before Earnings
- BlackBerry estimates continue to decline as we approach earnings.
- Company continues to restructure and sell assets.
- Profitability expected to improve before revenues.
- Could Apple be a long-term threat with cheaper phones?
BlackBerry: Time To Start Improving
- BlackBerry about to report earnings. Report will be ugly.
- Balance sheet critical to company's turnaround.
- Technical "golden cross" recently hit.
- Short interest increased in February, halting recent slide.
- BlackBerry: Does The Rally Have Legs?
- BlackBerry Shorts Are Running Away
- BlackBerry: How Much Worse?
- BlackBerry: Yes, Things Can Get Worse
- BlackBerry: Here We Go Again
- BlackBerry: Let's Make A Deal
- BlackBerry: The Hits Just Keep Coming
- BlackBerry: There's Still Hope
- BlackBerry Could Be This Year's Winner
- Could RIM See $20 On BlackBerry 10 Launch?
- Research In Motion Beats, But Stock Plunges
- Research In Motion Sets A Date
- Blackberry 10 Is Almost Here
- Is Research In Motion Back Now?
- Research In Motion's Positive Surprise
- Research In Motion - The Next Big Move
- Research In Motion Headed For New Lows?
- Research In Motion: More Rumors, Less Hope