View as an RSS Feed
View Bill Maurer's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, AMZN, APKT, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, CMG, CREE, CROX, CRUS, CSCO, CVX, DAL, DDD, DECK, DELL, DIA, DNDN, F, FB, FOSL, FSLR, GLD, GMCR, GOOG, GOOGL, GRPN, HPQ, IBM, IDCC, INTC, ISRG, JAKK, JNJ, JNPR, JPM, KO, KODK, LO, LULU, MCD, MMM, MO, MSFT, NFLX, NOK, NVDA, ORCL, PCLN, PG, PKW, PM, QCOM, S, SAM, SCTY, SHOO, SINA, SKX, SODA, T, TCS, TGT, TLT, TMUS, TPX, TSLA, TWTR, TXN, UA, V, VMW, VZ, WBMD, WLT, WWW, YHOO, YOKU, Z, ZUMZ
Philip Morris: Another Pullback, Another Opportunity
- Philip Morris is down nearly $10 from its June high.
- Investors and the company can buy shares on the cheap.
- Dividend yield has risen nearly 50 basis points.
- Investors buying now could get a yield of nearly 5% over the next year.
Philip Morris: A Post Earnings Update
- Philip Morris reported a strong Q2.
- 2014 forecast reiterated. Capital return plan on track.
- For down year, shares trade at reasonable valuation.
- Story remains the same, investors should accumulate on pullbacks.
Philip Morris: Time To Start Worrying
- Philip Morris reduced its 2014 EPS forecast due to a plant closure.
- Company still forecasting 6% to 8% adjusted EPS growth for 2014.
- Medium term forecast also reduced, share repurchases to be cut even more.
- Stock was overextended and a pullback was due.
- Company also made an e-vapor acquisition.
Philip Morris: What's The 2014 Dividend Raise?
- Philip Morris should raise its dividend in a few months.
- 2014 is a down year thanks to currencies.
- Buyback has slowed down, but capital returns exceed free cash flow.
- Balance sheet weakness is important to company.
- Dividend raise might be lighter than most expect.
Philip Morris: Don't Buy Right Now
- Cigarette names have rallied recently and markets are near highs.
- Buyout/merger rumors have inflated valuations a bit.
- Philip Morris still in the midst of a tough year.
- Capital returns may disappoint some throughout the rest of 2014.
- A pullback will come, and that's your opportunity.
Philip Morris: Setting Up The Rest Of 2014
- Philip Morris missed on revenues, but beat on EPS.
- 2014 EPS forecast raised thanks to currency improvement.
- Debt pile increased, buyback accelerated a little.
- Investors should accumulate if stock pulls back further.
Philip Morris: Be Cautious And Step Back
- Philip Morris has rallied, but don't jump in yet.
- Estimates are slowly rising, but 2014 will still be a bad year.
- The premium shares trade at is creeping up again.
- Stock meeting some technical resistance.
- Buy on the next pullback.
Philip Morris: Key Questions For 2014
- Philip Morris has some key questions to answer in 2014.
- Currencies and debt are major issues.
- The dividend raise could be lower than normal, and the buyback certainly will be.
- The premium shares trade at is down due to peer rally.
- Philip Morris: The Depths Of Despair?
- Philip Morris: Big News For 2014
- Philip Morris Below $80: Time For A Rebound?
- Philip Morris Hits A Key Dividend Level
- Philip Morris: 2013 Pain Almost Over
- Philip Morris Reaches A Critical Junction
- Philip Morris: Was The Sell-Off Overdone?
- Philip Morris Reduces Short-Term Expectations
- Philip Morris: More Debt Now Here
- Philip Morris: Getting Back To Basics
- Philip Morris: Mixed Quarter Not Good Enough
- Philip Morris: Where Things Stand Now
- Philip Morris: Long-Term Debt For More Buybacks May Not Be Smart
- Philip Morris Dividend Raise Sparks New Confidence
- Philip Morris Hits 4% Yield Before Dividend Raise
- Philip Morris Battling Reduced Expectations
- Philip Morris: Bad Quarter, Good Stock
- Philip Morris: Explaining The Debt Issue
- How Much Should Philip Morris Raise Its Dividend?
- Philip Morris: A Golden Opportunity
- Philip Morris Pullback Presents Accumulation Opportunity
- Philip Morris: Another Pullback Is Coming
- Philip Morris Pulls Back On Currency, Debt Worries
- Philip Morris: Wait For The Pullback