Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google: Early Thoughts On The Split [View article]
    Because with more Class C shares, they are less valuable. Not only will you have more shares, but with no voting rights, Class A shares become increasingly more valuable.
    Apr 16 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google: Early Thoughts On The Split [View article]
    I responded already, it's not meaningless. Because if Class A stays at say 300 million shares (rounding for example), but Class C goes from 300 million to 400 million in the next 10 years, how is that meaningless?
    Apr 16 12:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Is On Track To Grow This Year With Bullish Prospects For 2015 And 2016 [View article]
    Fair article and predictions. Would be curious on what your model shows for GM% and operating expenses, just to compare them to what INTC said.

Only thing about the model is the negatives ( - ) are hard to read/spot, not sure if there's a better way to do that in whatever system you are using (Excel, other?).
    Apr 16 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Mixed Report, But Getting Better [View article]
    If I read things right this morning, Goldman upped its price target from $16 to $17. That's funny.
    Apr 16 11:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Mixed Report, But Getting Better [View article]
    But, the better EPS included an increase in the diluted share count, which means that the bottom line was actually pretty strong. Had the share count decreased with the same EPS level, it would have meant lower net income.
    Apr 16 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Mixed Report, But Getting Better [View article]
    Actually, many thought Intel would do more.
    Apr 16 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel +2.9% AH on strong margin forecast, in-line revenue guidance [View news story]
    Dividend increase would probably be second half of this year, if any.
    Apr 15 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's not misleading. It's just information, and it is being presented in the same way they always do. Every company says stuff like this, but of course you have to read the details or a report (like my upcoming article) for the analysis of it.
    Apr 15 05:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's not taking credit for anything, it's just financial reporting for the quarter.
    Apr 15 05:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, Intel slowed down the buyback tremendously in 2013. The diluted share count has started to rise again, and it did in Q1 just like Q4. Not really a surprise.
    Apr 15 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Could Double Again: Here's How [View article]
    Don't get the comparison. First, I write about a lot of names. I've been writing about Twitter for several months, this is not something new. Second, they are completely different companies. If they were in the same sector I'd start to listen, but this is like comparing Google versus Hormel Foods or something.
    Apr 15 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Could Double Again: Here's How [View article]
    So let me get this straight:

You want to give Twitter, a company expected to triple revenues over two years, a valuation comparable to Google (17 times 2015 EPS), and Google is growing revenues in the low teens.

Why do you think Apple has stalled? No growth.

What does Twitter, Facebook, etc. all have. Growth.

Revenues will come, earnings will improve over time.

Oh, and your $6.60 value gives Twitter a P/S of approximately 0.53, basically half of what the market values BlackBerry at now. That's funny.
    Apr 15 01:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: The Final Push Before Earnings [View article]
    I need to get in the last word because you (very often) either twist my words, spew out incorrect facts, or say things that are just flat out lies.

In the last thread, I said I was done because I figured you were done. But then you came back with more incorrect/false/mislea... information. You forced me to respond, just like I am doing now.

Why shouldn't I defend myself?
    Apr 15 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Could Double Again: Here's How [View article]
    Have not come up with a reason? Growing revenues and eventual profits is not enough?

A huge amount of expenses is SBC, which they guided to be flat to up 50 million this year. But revenues are expected to nearly double. GAAP net income will do much better this year. You're basing your whole argument on an IPO year which carries more expenses. Look at Facebook's net income the year after IPO.

Adjusted EBITDA is expected to at least double this year after a triple the year before.

Again, I'm not calling for a double in three months. I'm saying this is a long-term process that will play out over multiple years.
    Apr 15 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Could Double Again: Here's How [View article]
    Many of those internet bubbles did not have billion dollar revenue companies. Twitter may eclipse $2 billion in revenues next year.

The point I'm making is when making a P/S argument - don't bring up earnings in it. If you want to argue P/E, that's another story.
    Apr 15 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment