Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    I'm just detailing the facts since my article was published. I didn't state any of this before the run up.
    May 1, 2015. 06:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    Relative? Not quite, NASDAQ was down just over 2% this week.
    May 1, 2015. 05:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    Compared to a lot of things. Down 4.7% this week.
    May 1, 2015. 04:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    Looks like Amazon has taken a decent hit these last few days.
    May 1, 2015. 10:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: What's The 2015 Dividend Raise? [View article]
    Apple's buyback has been pretty good...
    Apr 28, 2015. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: What's The 2015 Dividend Raise? [View article]
    Well the buybacks at $191 plus over the past 3 years (nearly $40 billion worth) doesn't seem that effective with a stock at $170 (and as low as $150). So in that respect, the less than $800 million isn't a big movement.

Plus, with the share count down by a little over 6% in 2013, you had to figure that they needed at least a raise of that amount, so about 1/3 of the raise was really baked in.
    Apr 28, 2015. 03:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: What's The 2015 Dividend Raise? [View article]
    Given their average price paid per share over the last 3 years...

Every 5 cents is only about $200 million per year, so the difference between $1.20 and $1.30 will be a little less than $400 million. Not a tremendous amount when you are expecting $6 billion plus for the buyback amount, in that respect.
    Apr 28, 2015. 11:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: A Dividend Cut Is Possible [View article]
    But my point remains. Everyone was rushing to celebrate the quarter, yet we are down over $3 since the pop. An article was out this morning talking about PM going to new highs, but can we get back to the post-earnings high first?
    Apr 28, 2015. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Continues To Disappoint [View article]
    That assumes that they eventually stop disappointing. Otherwise, the shorts cover at pennies on the dollar. Seen a couple of those happen during my time here.
    Apr 27, 2015. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    If that was in response to my reply, perhaps you need to get your facts straight.
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    Funny how I've had a number of positive articles on Amazon. I guess you just happened to miss that?
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    Who said anything about being in a hole?
    Apr 27, 2015. 05:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Situation Worsens [View article]
    And I have recommended being long AMZN at times. However, with the situation where it currently is, I'm not that bullish going forward.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Continues To Disappoint [View article]
    I'll lower the fair value the next time they disappoint : )

For now, I think $22.50 is fair if they were to achieve the lower growth now expected.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Continues To Disappoint [View article]
    Growth doesn't always equal profits for investors, as 3D is surely pointing out.
    Apr 27, 2015. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment