Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: PC Weakness Priced In [View article]
    As of Thursday morning, the average Q2 forecast is down to $13.15 billion, and the full year estimate is down by another $20 million.
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bottom Isn't Here [View article]
    Yes, I know how the debt is structured. My point is that if the company can't find a better use for cash, it could at least repay the debt and cut its yearly interest cost.
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: 5% Yield Is Back Again [View article]
    At this point though, the share count is going up because there is no buyback. And with debt this high, future pressure on cash flow impacts the dividend. Company really doesn't want to borrow too much more, as it wants to protect its credit rating.
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:08 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bottom Isn't Here [View article]
    I believe Cho also stated to buy into earnings, and if you compare me to him on TipRanks, the BBRY history is heavily in favor of myself.

I've discussed the angle of profitability in the past, and I laid out a picture as to how it occurs. BBRY is nowhere near that point yet.
    Jul 1, 2015. 01:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bottom Isn't Here [View article]
    If the profit margins at BBRY are better than your business, perhaps you should get out.

BBRY has been losing money for years, so their profit margins are negative.

Have you read any of John Chen's comments? Have you seen the revenue picture get better since he took over?
    Jul 1, 2015. 11:14 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: 5% Yield Is Back Again [View article]
    Will have my next dividend prediction after I see the earnings report and all associated data.
    Jul 1, 2015. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keurig Green Mountain Looking To Bottom [View article]
    I meant the top 2 positions (best ratings). Will edit article. Thanks.
    Jun 30, 2015. 01:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    Tech stocks being hit a bit after Micron's warning about weak PC sales. On the other hand, BBRY hits a new 52-week low.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    In the company's earnings information, it says that the user base at the end of Q1 was about 33 million.

A world leader that sells less than two phones per day in the stores it is in? I think not.

BlackBerry is NOT a world leader.
    Jun 25, 2015. 11:16 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    I wasn't the one who said bottom line is positive cash flow.
    Jun 25, 2015. 08:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    Also, Apple has the cash, just outside the US.
    Jun 25, 2015. 07:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    It's not that anyone would buy the company to lose money. They would buy it because they believe they can use the technology/pieces in a more efficient way.
    Jun 25, 2015. 04:24 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    Apple's annual dividend payout is around $11 billion, or basically, 4 YEARS worth of BlackBerry's revenue at the current pace.

Considering the company has already reduced its purchase commitments, even BlackBerry doesn't think volumes will pick back up that much.
    Jun 25, 2015. 04:16 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    My expectation was for the revenue decline to hopefully stop in the $3 billion to $3.5 billion annual run rate. Unfortunately, that has not happened.

The company still needs more cost cuts to be GAAP profitable.
    Jun 25, 2015. 03:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Avoid The Treadmill [View article]
    No, if they actually spent the money I'd give them credit for trying, but they aren't. Cash is just sitting there, while revenues plunge lower and lower.

And it's not a buyback program, it's an anti-dilution program, two very different items.
    Jun 25, 2015. 03:16 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment