Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Perhaps there would be more customers in other areas if they actually had superchargers.

It's the chicken vs. the egg. If Tesla started out with 20 superchargers in Alabama and 1 in some other state, of course the most customers would be in Alabama.

Tesla had a display at the mall by me for the 2013 Christmas season. That mall is one of the top 10-15 busiest malls in the country, and it contains a lot of expensive stores. But were there a ton of people rushing into see the Tesla or buying one in the state? No, because there are no superchargers in this half of the state.

"If you built it, they will come". That's the key takeaway we should all have.
    Jun 28 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Maybe I'm pleading because you can't seem to comprehend what's right in front of you?

Really though, the debate was over a day or two ago when I refuted everything you said three times. You just happened to stupidly jump back in to someone else's argument, completely missing the debate that was being had, digging yourself into a deeper hole.

If Tesla travelers listened to what you are saying, they'd be stranded by the thousands, wondering where all these wonderful superchargers are.
    Jun 28 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    I'm not saying short the stock for that reason. Again you don't listen.

I wouldn't say "highly" misleading, because there's still a sizable share of the US that won't be covered by the end of 2014.

And just because an area is technically "covered", doesn't mean you can drive from place to place on a major highway. There's a large number of places that are within 300 miles of a supercharger, but if you've already gone 250 miles what good does that do you?

Don't argue with that. It's the truth, and if you can't see that, you're just fooling yourself.
    Jun 28 10:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    So routes coming out of the biggest city in the COUNTRY would be low on the priority list? That makes a lot of sense.
    Jun 28 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Well then clearly TSLA cars are not for a significant part of the NYC suburbs that have non-attached garages.

But the point I made originally is true. Right now, there are a lot of routes in the US that are not covered. Even by the end of 2015, there's still some major gaps in coverage. Driving 50 miles out of your way (one direction) is not how I like to travel on my trips.

Could they be good by 2016-2017? Sure. But for now, there's a large share of the market that Tesla is missing because the coverage isn't there.

That's all I'm saying, and right now, that is the truth.
    Jun 28 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    But the reason I/many others wouldn't be Tesla customers is because the routes we need to travel are not supported.

It's like saying there's no railroads that service the north pole. Well, there are no train tracks, so you can't have the railroad.
    Jun 28 09:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Yeah, I go out west route 80 then shoot down to columbus. For me to do that before 2016 at the earliest, I'd have to either head up towards cleveland, or double back 70 about half an hour.

Which means instead of taking route 80 (which is free), I'd have to stay along the PA turnpike, which I believe is one of the most expensive toll roads per mile in the country.

Just like right now, if I couldn't charge at home, I'd have to drive out to JFK airport to charge, while my 5 figure construction job is being completed to get electricity to my garage.
    Jun 28 09:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    By the way, I live 10 minutes outside of New York City. The fact that I can't drive north or west is a major deal RIGHT NOW.

And yes, even if I do the slider to 2015, there's still a number of locations around the US, that are not covered.

So your "genius" statement looks kinda stupid RIGHT NOW, since a major US metropolitan area can't go west or north.
    Jun 28 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    So you want the truth, but it is okay for you to not state the truth, not read what's being said, and butt into other people's discussions? Then I hope you go elsewhere, because you are detracting from the discussion.

The statement I responded to above was in regards to the map RIGHT NOW. There is not a lot of coverage in A LOT OF PLACES in the US. Perhaps if you had read what was being responded to, you would not have been mistaken. I'll wait for your apology.

And again, the map only goes out 18 months. Even then, there are still a number of places not covered.

But please leave, since you obviously don't know what you're talking about and it is getting annoying having to constantly respond to your off-base statements.
    Jun 28 04:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Limited information? No, I looked at the map. I would suggest you do as well.

Right now, I can't drive out route 80 west from NJ into PA/OH, etc. I can't go from NYC to Niagara falls. St. Louis; KY; TN.

Please, before you speak, do appropriate research.
    Jun 28 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Wow, 22,000 last year. How many vehicles were sold globally? How many above say $75k in price?

Again, right now, there are many places even in the US where it just isn't viable to own one.
    Jun 27 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Caution Justified After Recent Rally [View article]
    Well I said to buy 100 points ago. Guess you missed that one.
    Jun 27 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon May Still Be In Play [View article]
    End of quarter rebalancing.
    Jun 27 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: The Dividend Will Eventually Be At Risk [View article]
    Philip Morris has already cut the buyback by $2 billion this year, with another $1-$2 billion in future years to account for the rise in debt and reduction in cash flow.

Free cash flow has been hit because of currency issues. When they start to rally, FCF will start to jump back to the $8 billion to $10 billion range. Since the dividend may only hit $6 billion this year, still room for it to expand as buybacks are scaled down.
    Jun 27 03:35 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect Your Philip Morris Dividend To Grow 8-10% This September [View article]
    Not sure where you got your numbers. As per Schedule 11 of the Q1 earnings pdf:

FCF in Q1 2013 - $1.123 billion
    FCF in Q1 2014 - $459 million

If you exclude currencies, Q1 of 2014 was $712 million. Still a drop. Not sure where you got a $750 million increase.
    Jun 27 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment